KR Zi-O 24 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:09 am

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
20%

Total votes: 15
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Zi-O 24 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

kivat wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:14 pm anyone else get a break in video towards end during battle around the 16:42 mark? i hear sound but video just skips there with no video for a couple secs during the scream and the power effect for some reason.
It's supposed to be like that. It's to show the time reversal power of Zi-O II.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well this is an episode where I have to admit the writers did a good job throwing some twists at us. Sougo's future apparently was real, but the cause and effect are reversed; he caused it rather than peering into a future that was already set. Which is really cool, but also rather troubling.

Also troubling: Kikai Woz's ability to take over humans to do his bidding! I feel like the show almost underplayed that one; with a flick of his wrist he created a mob of humans going around like robots. And despite Geiz having his next widget, I really doubt that's the last time we're going to see Kikai Woz, given the effort that goes into those suits.

Ora's fake heel-face turn was also nicely played. Not that I necessarily expected her to be good, but thus far the show has shown a lot of friction among the Timejackers, especially between Schwartz and the other two. So to capitalize on this and have her concern for Heure be fake and all of this be a secret plot was a good zig-zag of expectations. Also, this means that her time-stopping powers are a lot more powerful than we've previously seen; she's able to stop Another Woz and Zi-O II.:o

Also, I just have to say that I love any episode that opens up with Sougo getting beaten up! :mrgreen:
takenoko wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 am Didn't really like Tsukuyomi's "I'm scared" line. It's good on paper, the performance didn't sell it though.
It really wasn't very good. Now conversely she didn't need to scream it, but it was unusually mellow given that it's supposed to be her emotional state.
Lunagel wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:57 am Why have Tsukuyomi and Geiz completely switched opinions in regards to Zi-O?
The short answer is because The Plan (TM) was to keep tabs on Zi-O and stop him if he became evil. Not only have the future crew seen that he's capable of becoming Oma Zi-O, but he currently grossly outpowers them, to the point where if he did go evil they wouldn't be able to stop him.

Not that all of this was handled very well (and in general I'm tired of Geiz's wavering position), but the writers did at least lay down a basic rationale.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

All the problems regarding Tsukiyomi being entirely against Sougo haven't changed, but there's a lot I actually really liked about this episode. Ora's concern for her comrade being a feign, the bizarre but cool reveal that Zi-O's dreams are not prophetic but him possibly creating the future, and the climatic fight itself.

Our first time seeing all three riders work together is a bit of a non-event, especially since Geiz barely contributed to that fight, but it was a cool visual nonetheless. I freaking love that Futuring Kikai has the power to roboticise innocent people to do Woz's bidding! Such an blatantly villain power being used by a shady character working towards the goal of (supposedly) saving the world? It's just wonderful.

The show is setting up what feels and looks like a 'conclusion' to all this Another Rider business. I think it's fair to assume that Geiz getting a new form will be the crux of all that, but it'll still be interesting to see how we get there. ...Even though knowing this show, it's going to be rather ridiculous but hopefully entertainingly so.
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

I read some theory that could be true based on Sougo ability to make the future. This is what he wrote

"Wait so if Sougo can possible dream up the future how are we sure Geiz revive and Oma Zi-o future aren’t just fantasies made up in Sougo’s head. Like he dreamed up Rento cause he doesn’t have friends and Shinobi possible as well and it makes sense why the future rides belts are just Jiku driver remoulds cause Sougo isn’t creative, he just dreamt up a Ziku driver with a shuriken, ? Or Spanner. Maybe cause everyone before the series was an ass to him he dreamt up friends but he doesn’t understand how friends interact with each other so he created an antagonist like Geiz and a loyal subject like Woz. So the futures only exists cause Sougo dreamed them into existence. Geiz put the idea into his head about a future without him as king so he dreamed up W.Woz cause Sougo isn’t creative and subconsciously made a Woz opposite to his own. So Sougo could by accident be making his own antagonists. And all these people coming from the future are a result of his dreams and the series not making sense now makes sense cause it’s the result of Sougo’s mind. "

I think there is some truth in what he is saying. I think his power is influenced by his emotion. His emotion skyrocket in episode 15 where he met his older ver. Later in episode 16 where he already lost his belt, Geiz promise to beat him if he become Oma Zi-O like in the future. So, Sougo took it to heart and let Geiz become Geiz Revive. Thus, Geiz Revive Timeline arc got created in episode 17.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

^
So, this season could be called "The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa"? Will the ending dance of Hara Hara Yukai! be done by (left to right) Schwartz, Black Woz, Ora, Sougo, Tsuyukomi, Geiz and Heure?
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

On the Another Zi-O watch being from 2019, you got to remember this is a going to be Schwartz Another Rider, so there is probably some gimmick do it in order to make it seem invincible to beat. We know as viewers that Zi-O is the 2018 rider. Given that the watch says 2019 that means that Zi-O's powers won't be effective against this watch. Meaning they will have to somehow create a situation where Sougo got his powers in 2019.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

My only question about the plot is- what happened to the workers (who got turned into robots... "humans with robot-like characteristics"?) after Another Kikai got defeated?

Also, was that a different jingle playing when the three Riders transformed?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

resop2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 am ^
So, this season could be called "The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa"? Will the ending dance of Hara Hara Yukai! be done by (left to right) Schwartz, Black Woz, Ora, Sougo, Tsuyukomi, Geiz and Heure?
The summer movie would be "The Disappearance of Tokiwa Sougo" and the spinoff would be called "The Disappearance of Myoukouin Geiz" where the characters have crazy high school adventures where Kamen Riders don't exist at all.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:17 am
resop2 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:35 am ^
The summer movie would be "The Disappearance of Tokiwa Sougo" and the spinoff would be called "The Disappearance of Myoukouin Geiz" where the characters have crazy high school adventures where Kamen Riders don't exist at all.
The blu-ray for the series will come with an animated omake featuring chibi versions of the characters. Season 2 of the series will retell the same story of season one with different camera angles. In "The Disappearance of Myoukouin Geiz" Tsukuyomi still wears the cape over her school uniform and no one seems to notice. She also wear glasses and is the head of the literature club. Ora gets bullied into wearing a bunny outfit a lot and is the series tsundere. Heure is head of the computer hacking club and Schwartz is the faculty supervisor. Sougo is a boy with eight grade derangement syndrome and Woz (the school counselor) becomes his hype man. Sougo is convinced that he is a future demon king so creates a club to help him realize this destiny.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wasn't expecting the timejacker betrayal. Kind of wish it stuck and one of them bit it.

Why does the Kikai watch have the ability to control humans to fight Another Riders? It seems kind of useless.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”