KR Zi-O 27 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
5%
21%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 27 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.67 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Lets the air out noise

So I watched the episode and I kind of just want to put down the image of the guy with his hands up in the air going "Okay??!!!"

What actually happens in this episode? We find out Schwartz kidnaps a bunch of children (Pretty sure not all the Another Riders are Sougo's age, so problem there already). To the surprise of no one, Tsukuyomi wasn't trying to kill child Sougo. As everyone thought, Geiz became Geiz Revive to save/avenge Tsukuyomi. And as spoiled in the previews and the beginning, we find out Woz becomes Another Woz.

It's frustrating because all the major things that happen in this episode we either already knew or could have predicted.

The only real good thing is Black Woz fighting Geiz again, since they had a previously established bad relationship and have fought before. Wow, character relations in Zi-O being important to the plot.

Tsukasa's there, but he doesn't really do anything.

Sorry Zi-O, but you got me excited last week, but this felt like part 1 of a 2-part episode (forgot that last week was the end of the 2-parter with Another Zi-O, so this week was the setup episode for the new two-parter).
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 27 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Gambits against both Revive!Woz & Geiz, the incident shown in full detail, Geiz not caring that his new trinket can cost him his life & Sougo gets scolded by Junichirou for hiding his sorrow behind the curtain.

Not much out of this, but the introduction of the regulus & Revive!Woz's joy in hiding something from Geiz is interesting.

I don't like that Tsukasa did barely anything.

Eh episode.

Hmm... I may be able to do a cosplay of 2009!Schwartz. Black hat, black raincoat, white polo shirt, black pants and necklace seems easy enough.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 pm It's frustrating because all the major things that happen in this episode we either already knew or could have predicted.
You just described the entire series in a single sentence, Takenoko.
People have been predicting everything the show does in advance of when it actually does it thus far. While they've not been 100% on point, Some of them have been scarily accurate. I know a guy who predicted them doing Another Zi-O from watching Only the first episode right after the show premiered and nothing else. Mid-20's? Oh look, there he is.
It's seems part of the status quo for there to be few to no surprises with how it takes the obvious route despite the attempts to fake viewers out. It's kind of...depressing, when you think about it.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

What actually happens in this episode? We find out Schwartz kidnaps a bunch of children (Pretty sure not all the Another Riders are Sougo's age, so problem there already).
How did you come to the conclusion that the any Another Rider besides Hiryu was on the bus? There weren't any, probably. Sworz was not looking for Another Rider candidates, he was looking for someone to turn into Oma ZI-O, this all took place before the start of the series. So no real problem here.
To the surprise of no one, Tsukuyomi wasn't trying to kill child Sougo. As everyone thought, Geiz became Geiz Revive to save/avenge Tsukuyomi.
I have seen enough people demonize her over the fact that it looked like she was attacking Sougo, while I agree that it wasn't really a surprise I have no problem with that either. The way is most of the time far more interesting than the destination. How did this all come to be, not what happens.
The only real good thing is Black Woz fighting Geiz again, since they had a previously established bad relationship and have fought before. Wow, character relations in Zi-O being important to the plot.
I don't want to sound rude, but have we been watching the same show? ZI-O is a very character-focused series, with motivations of the characters constantly evolving and growing through the series, 27 is just another episode in a very long line of them that uses these characters to its advantage.
Sorry Zi-O, but you got me excited last week, but this felt like part 1 of a 2-part episode (forgot that last week was the end of the 2-parter with Another Zi-O, so this week was the setup episode for the new two-parter).
I don't know, I was thoroughly entertained, seeing how alliances shift, characters move forward regardless of what it means for them and a good amount of cool moments. Granted, I'm at this point very much invested in the characters so that might be the reason why I'm enjoying it so much, but really, this was a good amount of development and setup for what is to come as well as answering a few questions I was eager to learn more about.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Snarkwing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:00 am I know a guy who predicted them doing Another Zi-O from watching Only the first episode right after the show premiered and nothing else. Mid-20's? Oh look, there he is.
I dunno, Luna predicted that too. I think that's fair, since it's something that's a fair extrapolation given the world setting. I'm more bothered by the Zi-O VS Geiz stuff and the facile to lazy means which they're given situations set up to watch them butt heads, and then to make up again.

>How did you come to the conclusion that the any Another Rider besides Hiryu was on the bus? There weren't any, probably. Sworz was not looking for Another Rider candidates, he was looking for someone to turn into Oma ZI-O, this all took place before the start of the series. So no real problem here.

I might have misinterpreted the situation. FOr some reason, since he took all the boys, I assumed he was going to test them all to be Another Riders. But maybe he was just after Sougo/Hiryuu.

>I don't want to sound rude, but have we been watching the same show? ZI-O is a very character-focused series, with motivations of the characters constantly evolving and growing through the series, 27 is just another episode in a very long line of them that uses these characters to its advantage.

I dunno, could just be a situation of varying mileage? I think the characters are very bland and two dimensional. Geiz is probably the most developed since his decision to be Sougo's ally or be his enemy is the big conflict of the show. Sougo, I dunno, it doesn't feel like he's ever put in any situations where he's asked to make interesting choices? I love Woz's actor and his portrayal of those two characters, but he's more there to be whatever the plot needs him to be. Same with Tsukuyomi unfortunately.
Layton13
Infinity

Post by Layton13 »

I dunno, could just be a situation of varying mileage? I think the characters are very bland and two dimensional. Geiz is probably the most developed since his decision to be Sougo's ally or be his enemy is the big conflict of the show. Sougo, I dunno, it doesn't feel like he's ever put in any situations where he's asked to make interesting choices? I love Woz's actor and his portrayal of those two characters, but he's more there to be whatever the plot needs him to be. Same with Tsukuyomi unfortunately.
I personally disagree and very much think that the characters in ZI-O are probably some of it's best aspects. I generally like to delve into characters heads and find out how they tick and ZI-O lets me do that wonderfully and until now I seem to be on the right path with them. The cast of ZI-O is quickly becoming one of my favorites, especially after a majority of the cast in Build was so falt in my opinion. Granted, I never really care all that much about the overarching plot and more on characters and the week to week stuff and ZI-O is really delivering on that front, at least for me.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Why couldn't have White Woz written in his book "White Woz gets to do the last five minutes over?"

Unless his ability to use the book of plot cheese is dependent on his possession of the Kamen Rider Woz powers? And, if that is the case, why didn't Black Woz and Heure jack the book?

Good acting job by the Uncle.

I guess that Tsukasa back then was a bus driver, a stage musical actor, and a passing through Kamen Rider?

Does this episode indicate that Oma Zi-O is really Black Woz? Perhaps his plan is to wait for Sougo to eliminate the other demon king pretenders and then steal Sougo's power?

While I do appreciate the show trying to up the style (to make up for the lack of substance) by having Woz and Heure communicate only with barriers between them, but coming close to the same time as LvsP it doesn't have the same impact.

If Tsukuyomi comes back to 2019 at the time equivalent to her departure time plus the time she spent in 2009, then that would be a GREAT opportunity to close a very jarring plot hole: why Sougo was able to come back three days "early". Just thirty seconds of dialog would do:

Geiz: Tsukuyomi! I'm glad you are alive, but why did you take so long to come back?
Tsukuyomi: A lot of stuff went down back then. I would have aimed at an earlier time to come back, but it took three weeks of work to repair my Time Mazine when Sougo didn't use lock step time jumping. I am sorry if I worried you.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

@Layton13

Do you mind if I ask what you like about them?
Layton13
Infinity

Post by Layton13 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:25 pm @Layton13

Do you mind if I ask what you like about them?
Sure. I generally like the way they are written, very much natural and understandable. You can very much nail down every character in the show at any point and say, that is why they do what they do and their interactions with each other develop and change their outlooks on the current situation. Geiz has grown quite a bit from the time he showed up and so has Sougo, showing actual effort and determination for his role as a Rider, one who is smart, resourceful and ever growing.

And while I have some problems with the Timejackers, their always something new approach is definitely respectable, instead of other villain factions that just keep doing the same thing over and over, the Timejackers always try to mix it up and experiment.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

4/5 because the hype build up was so good.

We can say that Zio is now the direct successor of Decade... but still Why was Tsukasa in that place at the right time?

Woz doing the auto IWAE was awesome but I don't think he has a chance against Geiz Revive even if he had the 3 future riders power which is suppose to be the source of the power of Geiz Revive.

Next episode is going to be so good. I suppose they will explain soon why the time jacker are so powerful but they still want to get rip of oma Zio or maybe it was them who created oma Zio in the first place.
Final Vent!
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

WOWZA this was quite the episode. Shiro Woz got a big middle finger from Kuro Woz and OF COURSE Tsukasa had his own plan for that day before Schwartz showed up and screw it up. But of course he just went with the flow and adapted on the fly to make sure at least one thing went his way...GOD I LOVE YOU DESTROYER OF WORLDS xD. As for exactly WHAT his plan was, I guess we'll find out this weekend.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was most excited for how they would get rid of White Woz. Woz just takes his power and leaves him alive? And then still appears to job to Geiz?

All the twist set ups from last week were obvious. The only thing that interests me is Schwartz. He obviously has some ulterior motive that the other time jackers aren't aware of.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

If this was 10 years ago, this would be very shortly after Decade finishes passing through, right?

I'm guessing what happens next is the "dream" Sougo had when he was young. So the person who told Sougo that he would be king is Schwarz. So......................

Everything has been going according to his plan?
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Layton13 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:33 pm
Sure. I generally like the way they are written, very much natural and understandable. You can very much nail down every character in the show at any point and say, that is why they do what they do and their interactions with each other develop and change their outlooks on the current situation. Geiz has grown quite a bit from the time he showed up and so has Sougo, showing actual effort and determination for his role as a Rider, one who is smart, resourceful and ever growing.

And while I have some problems with the Timejackers, their always something new approach is definitely respectable, instead of other villain factions that just keep doing the same thing over and over, the Timejackers always try to mix it up and experiment.
In my opinion, Sougo and Geiz are worst characters development so far in Rider, with boring acting. Sougo is protagonist of this series, but he is faint, not outstanding, look like a background character.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dengar wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:27 pm If this was 10 years ago, this would be very shortly after Decade finishes passing through, right?

I'm guessing what happens next is the "dream" Sougo had when he was young. So the person who told Sougo that he would be king is Schwarz. So......................

Everything has been going according to his plan?
Around this time, he was only halfway through. At 31 episodes his series ran all the way to August

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”