KR Zi-O 28 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 28 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.53 / 5 (17 votes)

Alt Title: Come together now

Hahaha, the effect of young Sougo saving Hiryuu

Draw your BL comics featuring Sougo and Geiz now!

Jokes aside, this episode completely turned it around for me. It reminded me of a bunch of stuff I forgot when watching the previous episode. The stuff with the uncle, Sougo just wanting friends, Geiz and his genuine respect for Sougo, and Tsukuyomi is back too I guess? I guess if I had to name a weak point for the episode, Tsukuyomi hanging out with Decade feels like a bit wasted potential, but the rest of the episode was really good, so I can't fault Decade for not just coming in and running amuck during this important crossroads for so many characters.

Even Sougo apologizing to Hiryuu felt pretty good. I kind of wish Another Zi-O Watch would break, though. Good fight with the Another Riders army as well as the effect of Another Zi-O getting defeated by the largest blade arc ever.

And how about that preview?

Edit:
So who guessed that the shadow from Sougo's past was Schwartz? I feel like I guessed it was Oma Zi-O.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 28 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:48 pmSo who guessed that the shadow from Sougo's past was Schwartz? I feel like I guessed it was Oma Zi-O.
I did!! All the way back in EP15!!!

Where are the other kids?! Did the nightmare kill them?! Oh shit... Yep.

Zi-O and Geiz VS Another Riders!!!

I hope you know what you’re doing, Myokoin-kun.

Heartwarming that Sougo’s trying to convince Hiryuu to let go and reconciling with Geiz.

The Another Zi-O Ride Watch is still in one piece… Riders...

Though Tsukasa did not bring anything to this episode, he's still vested in destroying the World of Zi-O to eliminate the Demon King. That said, a certain phantom thief wants to have his fun on Sougo’s world before then.

Schwartz is the Big Bad of this whole show. Oma Zi-O may as well kiss his feet.

Good episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I think this was a nice conclusion to this arc. We know a little more about the past, although we don't know everything yet. Another Zi-O seems like he's defeated for now, but the watch didn't break for some reason. We now know that the white Woz has to some extent been in cahoots with Schwartz, who is apparently the mastermind behind all this.
preview
And then there's DiEnd. Apparently along with a new driver, like Tsukasa.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I really, really liked this episode. There's so many moments that really stuck with me. From Geiz declaring Sougo to be his friend, to the big clash with the Another Riders, and to Tsukiyomi desperately trying to break up an epic battle... only to be met with Sougo and Geiz laughing among themselves, which I was doing so with them. Like Woz says at the end, they really do have quite the team going now among the four of them.

I'm certain Another Zi-O will return in some capacity eventually, but I honestly don't have a guess as to how or why. Even if they didn't focus on his watch not breaking, he seems too important a character to be a one-and-done with this arc.

More interesting for now is we find out just a tiny bit more about a bunch of other character's intentions such as Decade, White Woz, and Schwartz, the latter two seeming like they'll be taking up the main villain positions for a while. As fun as that'll be, I do hope that by the end, that position will be solely held by Oma Zi-O though.

Also that preview had me freaking out from start to finish, in a good way.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

This episode was amazing. We have some answers finally, but are also left with more questions, which is good. Can't give away all the secrets. I'm REALLY curious as to what's up with Schwartz. I truly believe he comes from a timeline without Zi-O. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he and White Woz came from the same timeline. So with everyone more or less convinced that Sougo won't become Oma Zi-O then that only leaves one question. What drives Sougo to the point that he would become Oma Zi-O? Even if it isn't the "correct" timeline, which is what I'm thinking, it's still a potential outcome.

Tsukasa didn't do much of anything, but he didn't have to. His reason for being there is clear. He's watching and waiting. And if he needs to, he'll live up to his title and destroy the world. And quite honestly, that makes him even more badass.

Looking forward to the next episode and the episodes to come. After worrying for so long it seems things are finally kicking into gear.
Gottis
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Dreamy: UM SNAKE DAD
Favorite Actor?: Inukai Atsuhiro
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Making music videos!
Quote: We're the Heroes of Our Time

Post by Gottis »

Great episode! But am I the only one disturbed by White Woz beating the crap out of our littlest Time Jacker? >.>
Finished: All Heisei
Watching: Zi-O
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Gottis wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:36 am Great episode! But am I the only one disturbed by White Woz beating the crap out of our littlest Time Jacker? >.>
You know White Woz and the other Time Jackers are especially bad because they don't hesitate to mess him up!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Gottis wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:36 am Great episode! But am I the only one disturbed by White Woz beating the crap out of our littlest Time Jacker? >.>
I am starting to wonder if there will be a PSA with Heure trying to raise awareness about child abuse?

Maybe the final endgame will be that Oma Zi-O is Sougo, but it is Sougo being controlled by the mind virus planted by Schwartz ten years ago, so Tsukuyomi/Geiz have to defeat Sougo so that he can be free of the mind virus? Friends do not let friends become evil demon kings.

Sougo x Geiz? Nah. Geiz x Black Woz to me has more potential. Sougo and Geiz are friend-zoned.
On the other hand, we could always put up dueling screen shots on the shipping thread ...

edit: Just noticed a possible huge plot hole: Tsukuyomi goes to 2008 in her Time Mazine but comes back through a Decade "time curtain". This means that unless they use some sort of plot cheese, neither Tsukuyomi or Sougo can time travel any more since Ysukuyomi's time Mazine didn't come back. (Unless it was hidden for ten years and Tsukuyomi has to spend a couple of episodes cleaning the rust off of it.)
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Only thing I don't like about this episode is how in the end, Geiz is basically back to where he started this arc in terms of "to kill Zi-O, or NOT to kill Zi-O, THAT is the question." OTL
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Rejoice! For the second chapter of the foretold fanfic is now up:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13233129/2 ... ugo-Tokiwa

Geiz finds out some of Ora's secrets and engages in combat with Sougo.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm Only thing I don't like about this episode is how in the end, Geiz is basically back to where he started this arc in terms of "to kill Zi-O, or NOT to kill Zi-O, THAT is the question." OTL
It's very clear by the end that Geiz's newfound resolve, one I expect to stick from now on, is that they won't kill Zi-O because he will not let him turn evil.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

It always kind of bothers me, despite similar in roles, White Woz and Black Woz are very different. B.Woz always acts on behalf of Sougo, making sure he would become Oma Zi-o but irc never endangers him. It kinds of clear that Sougo becomes Oma Zi-o is his only goal.

White Woz in the other hand, Geiz becomes Geiz Revive is just White Woz using him as a tool. Considering it is deadly for Geiz to use the form, I suspect he went back from his timeline on behalf of someone who's in charge if Sougo or Geiz is out of picture.

And I agree with others, when they focused more on the writing and the characters, Zi-o is always a blast to watch.
satoman
Gao
Favorite series: Danger 5
2nd Favorite Series: Zero-One
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: pumpkin seeds

Post by satoman »

Now they need to
Spoiler
bring Narutaki as a contract holder, and become Another Decade.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

Great episode all around. Kaitou at the end was ****ing amazing too.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well crap I can't say I'm fed up with this season anymore :/ While it was jokey and cheesy, the tension breaking down into laughter at Tsukyomi showing up felt too genuine to brush off.

While I do hate how forced the resolution with Another Zi-O feels given how much cold hatred Hiryuu expressed every time we saw him, at least the Another Zi-O Watch not breaking is a sign they could do something more with him. With Schwartz and White Woz acting in tandem now, its making a bit more sense for Tsukasa to be back as a destroyer of worlds. If Schwartz really is from White Woz's timeline where the Riders still exist along a successive path, Oma Zi-O's overriding existence dominating all the Rider powers would definitely count as an aberration to be corrected, hearkening back to Decade's "original" purpose way back in his season about destroying the parallel Rider worlds that had shadowed over the existence of the originals.

I'm curious now how they're going to play out Kaito now though, last we really saw anything of him was the Rider Sentai Super Hero Taisen and that left him back on rather uncertain terms with Tsukasa. I get the feeling there's going to be more to them both having evolved Drivers now along with whatever the plot is having them do.

And at least we're back on track with the Legacy Riders and it looks like it might even actually be something that MATTERS, if they're doing what I think they might be with Blade and Chalice.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”