KR Zi-O 29 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
10%

Total votes: 21
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Re: KR Zi-O 29 released

Post by Mandalori »

In Decade, all Diend's Rider summoning had a meaning, by pairing and by situation (why this/these Rider(s) are summoned and not another). I think I saw the different meaning either on TVN's wiki or in TVTropes.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mandalori wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:58 am In Decade, all Diend's Rider summoning had a meaning, by pairing and by situation (why this/these Rider(s) are summoned and not another). I think I saw the different meaning either on TVN's wiki or in TVTropes.
Not here, that sounds kinda fake
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I honestly haven't thought much about it myself. To me, it just seemed like he summoned mostly post-Decade secondary Riders to show off his Neo Diendriver?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:10 am
Mandalori wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:58 am In Decade, all Diend's Rider summoning had a meaning, by pairing and by situation (why this/these Rider(s) are summoned and not another). I think I saw the different meaning either on TVN's wiki or in TVTropes.
Not here, that sounds kinda fake
takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:11 am I honestly haven't thought much about it myself. To me, it just seemed like he summoned mostly post-Decade secondary Riders to show off his Neo Diendriver?
I was answering to that.

darkmage02 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:00 pm Last but not least, the fight scenes are so enjoyable this episode. DiEnd is obviously overpowered at this point and I like how he summons mostly the Neo-Heisei riders to showcase his new Driver. The pairing of Knight & Baron is cool - I always noticed their similarity when I was watching Gaim. Also the summoned Riders seem to do much more in the fight than they usually do back in Decade - I could be wrong. The Geiz & Woz pairing is pretty funny to watch and the Blade vs Chalice scenes - they're the real gem.

All in all, a solid 5/5 episode. If only Zi-O can remain being this good for the remainder of the season.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, Baron and Knight both uses lance weapons and have a vague knight motif to their armor. I don't recall offhand who the other pairs were
Arclight
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Arclight »

Am I right in remembering during the original plot of Blade that when there is only one undead left then it will bring the apocalypse.

If thats true then White Woz is also aware of it. Remember he said if he camt have his future then he will destroy it.

Hes deliberetly chosen Amane because he knows it will bring out Hajime and as he has broken the seal on his power Kenjaki realised this and the fight between Chalice and Blade will renew and if one kills the other then the apocalyse will begin and White Woz gets what he wants.

Well thats my theroy if I have remembered it wrong please correct me.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:43 am I mean, Baron and Knight both uses lance weapons and have a vague knight motif to their armor. I don't recall offhand who the other pairs were
There is more actually, both Knight and Baron were antagonistic secondary Riders and they both belonged to a battle royal Rider series.

And Accel and Birth are the first two Neo Heisei Riders, so there is the meaning for that.

It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's there.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Both of them are first??
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:37 am Both of them are first??
Ahm... I meant the first two secondary Riders of the Neo Heisei Era, aka W and OOO's Rider
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Knight and Baron are summoned together because KNIGHT OF SPEAR.
SVNBob wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am
BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am A part of me rightly should be questioning why doesn't Another Blade make Kamen Rider Blade not exist,
All the other Another Riders were created the same year as their respective series. But Another Blade was created within the same 24 hour period as the rest of the episode's events. She's Another Blade 2019, not 2004. So her existence isn't overwriting past events.
Except it was quite clearly shown that the previous another Riders were created mid-series. Fourze and Faiz were both shown losing their powers on screen when their Another Riders were born. So there's no reason why Blade would still have his.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So uhhh...

Was it just me or does Chalice have two rouzers?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Did they forget to remove his rouzer from his belt? What are you referring to
Snarkwing
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by Snarkwing »

SVNBob wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:19 am
BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am A part of me rightly should be questioning why doesn't Another Blade make Kamen Rider Blade not exist,
All the other Another Riders were created the same year as their respective series. But Another Blade was created within the same 24 hour period as the rest of the episode's events. She's Another Blade 2019, not 2004. So her existence isn't overwriting past events.
Anyone else feel as if the series would've been better and not gotten the hate it has had they been doing that from the beginning? Like, the Time Jackers create the Another riders in 2019, and they then have a side-effect of causing just amnesia immediately, with the Another's untouched existence then bearing the threat of retroactively overwriting the respective Rider's history, and Sougo/Geiz countering them leads to them getting the ridearmor watches by harvesting out of the Another's the timeline aberration to actually correct it instead of the half-assed state they've actually left it in? Like, that actually seems as if it would've given the show tension, and NOT required a half-dozen retcons to how things work to explain away the contradictions on how they've failed to keep any Zi-O lore consistent.
'Cause...it kind of feels like what they wanted to do from the beginning, only to then screw up almost every 'back in time' plot they had which burned most of the goodwill the series had. The show only seemed to improve when they stopped doing that, but it almost felt like a 'too little, too late' thing, since they have only white-washed over the show's prior issues without really fixing them.
...Well, aside from now inferring that Zi-O's story in it's entirely MAY be an AR World.

Meh, next time The timejackers, Sougo and company are going to be responsible for dooming the world by causing the Stone of Sealing to become active with Blade's Removal ending the Joker undead stalemate. An event that...actually got called by a bunch of people.
The show Remains Predictable.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Dengar wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:22 pm So uhhh...

Was it just me or does Chalice have two rouzers?
Timestamp 20:41: the Rouzer's not on the belt. Next sequence has the Rouzer in Arrow.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

He's right. You can see the Rouzer is missing from the belt there (the pattern underneath it looks similar so it might be confusing on lower resolutions)

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”