Rider Time Ryuki 01 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
ricokick
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: kamen riders

Re: Rider Time Ryuki 01 released

Post by ricokick »

oh my, i just watch kamen rider ryuki. and end 2 days later before time rider ryuki.
it's amazing some old people came back, specialy ren,kido,asakura,gorou,shibaura, sorry i don't remember the actor real name.
well kitaoka die in the original series, but i hope him can show up for a while.
hehe. :D
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I have 0 knowledge that this existed and just yesterday I was thinking of re watching Ryuki out of pure nostalgia then I saw this on my facebook... oh boy!...

What a quick but excellent tribute to such a great series like Ryuki. Bring back the original actors was the right and only choice too.

Not having Kitaoka is sad but Goro is also good. So Femme's actress couldn't make it? oh well...

Was the ending song from the same singer of the original opening?

My only complaint is that they just can't make the final vents look as good as the original show. This is something that Ryuki got so well that they are not able to re create anymore. The Final Vent of Ryuki, Knight (Specially the perspective of the final attack. How the cape covered him and turned into a drill slowly) and Asakura using his cobra as support to deliver the kick. The special effects looked really cheap just like it happened back in Decade :(
Last edited by Kurow on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Final Vent!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They recently got Kitaokas actor back for both some Ex-Aid thing ( I can't remember what) and the CSM promo, so he must have been busy. While I would have liked to see Zolda vs Ouja final grudge match that we were deprived of, I'm positive that Goro is pulling a master ruse and will do something cool.

It kind of makes sense in context of the universe as well. Kitaoka would be dead of cancer by now anyway regardless of the rewind as he got it before the rider war started.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but you know Toei could have come up with some excuse to bring Kitaoka back if they wanted.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ohh yeah, but at least this one is excusable in a way.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I was thinking about this just now and figure out that Abyss is the replacement for Femme. Also Takaiwa Seiji might be Odin.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

I guess the Zi-O stuff is just to show us how he obtains the Ryuki watch.

So is this after the Ryuga arc?
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

The Zi-O part was totally unnecessary regarding the context of this episode. They obviously would've included Zi-O, but they could've done it in the later episodes.

I couldn't recognize Abyss at all. I was like, "Who the hell is this guy?" I guess I don't remember anything from Decade, after all. I recognized Seiji Takaiwa though.

Also, I'm honestly surprised that they managed to bring back Rica Matsumoto for this. How, Toei, how?
Didn't like the song that much though, the original theme song was a lot better in my opinion.

I actually liked the new Ryuki finishing move sequence. Dragredder looked good, I think. But I agree with Knight's one being not so good.
Last edited by msf232 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Ryuki was the very first rider-related anything I ever saw, actually airing on my TV. It scarred me as a little kid and I hold it dearly for that.

They could do literally anything in the rest of the special and I think I'll still be pretty happy just seeing all these actors and suits again with that familiar atmosphere.

Though I really would have taken Femme over Abyss. Even if you can't get the actress, at least have her suit in place of the Decade OC!
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

okay, I've read through these comments and seems all people are focusing on are the cast, how good/bad some things are, the whole Zolda Ouja thing, and complaining about the Zi-O bit, but let me bring up one other thing. TEZUKA BETRAYED THEM!!!!!! THE ONLY OTHER GUY ASIDE FROM SHINJI WHO WANTED TO RESOLVE THIS WITHOUT KILLING BETRAYED THEM!!!! HOW IS IT THAT NO ONE ELSE IS COMMMENTING ON THAT?!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Honestly? I saw it coming from like a mile away when the dude showed up late and with the other guys' Decks. It was pretty obvious he was gonna betray them.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

But at the same time, Tezuka was never an asshole in the original series. If they had teamed up with Jun I'd see it coming from a mile away.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 am But at the same time, Tezuka was never an asshole in the original series. If they had teamed up with Jun I'd see it coming from a mile away.
exactly my point. Tezuka was a good man. and his predictions never being wrong isn't 100% true. his last prediction in the original series was that Shinji was gonna get killed by Ouja, not him.

changing the subject, I like Dragon Knight more than Ryuki. it's not just "KILL KILL KILL AND GET A WISH!!!!" there's an actual plot behind it with a real enemy. not to mention they give more screen time Siren/Femme, Verde and Ryuga/Onyx.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Tezuka knew in the original show that his choices will end up in his death vs Asakura. Probably he remembers what happened and want to change his own future.
Final Vent!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I really disliked the main series of Ryuki and appreciated the alternative endings. I'm enjoying this so far.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”