KR Zi-O 30 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 30 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.33 / 5 (18 votes)

Alt Title: Triangle Form

An okay episode. Blade and friends really don't do all that much in this episode, although that cabin appears in the main series I think? I'm just going to go ahead and say, I feel like giving Kenzaki and friends a half-hearted happy ending like this sort of undoes the sacrifice and weight of the original ending to Blade. It's not terrible, but it lacks in emotional impact and doesn't really feel well-earned.

Speaking of misusing guests, Kaito only appears in one scene. Maybe two?

It's good to see Geiz and Woz patching things up (although maybe address your issues in the past). Sougo's speech is decent. Kind of wish they could have roped Tsukuyomi in the future gang stuff, but what can you do.

Whoa, White Woz dies if he doesn't get his future. Maybe they could have incorporated that into the story a bit more than just how it is done now? What happened, did Mr. Toei decide to stop paying that actor two salaries?

I hope this doesn't count as Oma Day...

Alright episode, but didn't feel as good as last week's.

Oh yeah, time for the real weighty Heisei guests to come in!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Zi-O 30 released

Post by Dengar »

Also Drive. :P

Wait, only 6 left? And one of them is Drive?

He has Faiz, and Blade, and Decade, and I suppose the Ryuki spinoff will show us how he obtains Ryuki... Which other watch from the first ten does he have? Den-O? From the movie maybe?
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

Dengar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 am Also Drive. :P

Wait, only 6 left? And one of them is Drive?

He has Faiz, and Blade, and Decade, and I suppose the Ryuki spinoff will show us how he obtains Ryuki... Which other watch from the first ten does he have? Den-O? From the movie maybe?
Beside the one you mention, Sougo get Kuuga ride watch from the movie. That's all. They didn't get Den-O ride watch. Lucky as we will see yet again Den-O in Tv.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that's why I was confused. Maybe they meant to put Den-O in there and put Drive in instead? It seems really similar?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

The Drive watch being there is correct, though. Zi-O hasn't obtained that watch yet. There is a Drive watch, but that's the one that Geiz brought with him from the future.

Also can I just say I like the fact that Woz took over the controls just to do his little intro spiel.

No matter what, he has to do that spiel.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Dengar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:14 am Also can I just say I like the fact that Woz took over the controls just to do his little intro spiel.

No matter what, he has to do that spiel.
Could be worse. "Kamen Rider Zi-O Trinity ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Also he fact that he was like "Rejoice! I don't know what's going on here, but my lord has a new form now!"
Kamen_Rider_Sharon
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Yuriko Shiratori

Post by Kamen_Rider_Sharon »

He already has Den-O as a new form as shown in this episode... oh wait!!!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:57 pm
Whoa, White Woz dies if he doesn't get his future. Maybe they could have incorporated that into the story a bit more than just how it is done now? What happened, did Mr. Toei decide to stop paying that actor two salaries?

I hope this doesn't count as Oma Day...

Given what happened and the change in the opening, maybe? We're at least past the point where Geiz and Zi-O were supposed to fight. Since that fight now isn't going to happen, White Woz's future doesn't happen either. A future where we STILL don't know what happens aside from "Geiz beats Zi-O".

One thing they're making painfully clear is that the future isn't so set in stone anymore. Yet Oma Zi-O and the 2068 crew still exist. Maybe Oma Day is when Sougo collects all the watches? 6 watches at two episodes each gives us 12 more episodes. Assuming a typical 49 episode run, that gives us seven episodes for the end game. Though I hope it's not so cut and dried. I think there are going to be some massive plot twists.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Well that hope went nowhere >_>; All that possible build up for a final confrontation between Jokers and somehow Another Blade can just suck Joker powers out of people to render the whole Undead Royale permanently null. Though how the heck does that equate to cramming the Joker powers in with the Rider Watches, and again, why are they pushing secondary Rider Watches that obviously don't contribute anything to the endgame? First Cross-Z now Chalice. Plus following that logic, does that mean if Sougo or Geiz use the Blade or Chalice Watches, they turn into the new Jokers?

And speaking of making no sense, if this was the point where Black or White Woz had their futures definitely set in one direction over another, how does everything else remain the same without consequences? White Woz was the one who brought the Beyondriver from his future with its more advanced Rider technology, if he's been erased the Woz Watch and the other three Future Watches should have gone with him, voiding any further use of the Trinity Watch.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Another monologue from Koyama-sama. Cool.

Geiz finds out Revive!Woz’s plan. And then Woz just restarts Blade VS Chalice, along with turning Amane into Another Blade again.

Sougo just used Speech 100 to Revive Woz to convince him to give up the Ride Watches he got from Kaito.

Good that Geiz and Oma Woz patch things up.

And so, a future without an end to the Battle Fight begins and Another Woz resigns. I agree with Take-san that ending the stalemate has made all the sacrifices and efforts from the original series null and void.

Good episode.

The TTFC Brain miniseries better be a part of this show's canon so Sougo can just use the Drive Ride Watch.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, White Woz resigns because he has not made any friends. What sort of future did he come from where he thought that doing a rudos beat down on Heure, trying to cause the end of the world, and repeatedly denying people agency by using his book of cheese would make him friends? And, why would White Woz think that making friends was important?

Also, why doesn't the book of cheese vanish along with White Woz? Did Kaitou use his own plot cheese to make a duplicate? Or, does passing through a dimensional current make an object that should not exist any more keep existing?
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dengar »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:20 pm Well that hope went nowhere >_>; All that possible build up for a final confrontation between Jokers and somehow Another Blade can just suck Joker powers out of people to render the whole Undead Royale permanently null. Though how the heck does that equate to cramming the Joker powers in with the Rider Watches, and again, why are they pushing secondary Rider Watches that obviously don't contribute anything to the endgame? First Cross-Z now Chalice. Plus following that logic, does that mean if Sougo or Geiz use the Blade or Chalice Watches, they turn into the new Jokers?

And speaking of making no sense, if this was the point where Black or White Woz had their futures definitely set in one direction over another, how does everything else remain the same without consequences? White Woz was the one who brought the Beyondriver from his future with its more advanced Rider technology, if he's been erased the Woz Watch and the other three Future Watches should have gone with him, voiding any further use of the Trinity Watch.
Considering the Kikai watch is from a false future that literally does not exist, I doubt that would have ever been an issue.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

The Blade part of the episode was still pretty nice. I really like the show making a sort of extended epilogue to original story. And if you happen not to like it, well I think it's easy enough to disregard as non-canon to the original series if you wanted.

But I'm rather disappointed that it looks like White Woz is really just gone. I feel like there was still a lot of unanswered questions, mysteries, and potential to be had with who has honestly been a pretty major character? And though he's far from my favourite on the show, I'm much more interested in him than I am two out of three of the Timejackers.

As for the new form debut, uh... wow. Between Patren Ugou, BuildCrossZ and now this, Toei is getting a lot of mileage out of fusing their heroes recently. The form itself however, is not that great looking! You know, Den-O Climax Form at least had the benefit that the 'faces' on it's body were stylised into looking more like pieces of armour. Whereas Zi-O Trinity just literally has the other rider's faces wholesale pasted on him. It looks bad, and this is coming from someone who didn't mind that much that Zi-O II's sword had his base form's face stuck on it. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm pretty sure this has beaten out the Decade Armour for my least favourite-looking form. I really like that mix of all the three different finishers, though.

I presume we'll see Diend and Decade again when we've obtained all the watches or come close to it, but I kinda don't know how I feel about the show spelling out that we are most definitely back to this classic dragonball hunt again. While it's likely that the tributes are going to be a lot better than all the really lame ones at the beginning of the show, I had thought that time had been screwed up enough that getting all the watches wasn't really a goal anymore, and it was more about just fighting off whatever plans our antagonists had in store. Ah well, should still be fun.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wait, so that was Oma day? The thing the show has been beating us over the head about for 3 months now? WTH?

I'm really quite miffed. It feels like the show just aborted a major arc for no apparent reason, and decided to take Another Woz with it out of the blue. It's giving me plot whiplash.

And why is Zi-O Trinity so damn ugly?! We just had beautiful Zi-O II, can't we just keep that for longer? :(

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”