KR Zi-O 30 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
37%
☆☆☆
11%
☆☆
No votes
11%

Total votes: 19
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: KR Zi-O 30 released

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:52 am Wait, so that was Oma day? The thing the show has been beating us over the head about for 3 months now? WTH?

I'm really quite miffed. It feels like the show just aborted a major arc for no apparent reason, and decided to take Another Woz with it out of the blue. It's giving me plot whiplash.

And why is Zi-O Trinity so damn ugly?! We just had beautiful Zi-O II, can't we just keep that for longer? :(
I guess *technically* Geiz and Sougo resolved their differences in the last arc, so the battle to see who would beat the other wasn't going to happen anymore. And also White Woz did say something about three ridewatches coming together to form a power that shouldn't exist or something along those lines. Mind you it's still a terrible explanation. But yeah, it does still feel like it really just came and went after all the build-up.

Also the new form being a fusion at least gives it a possibility of not showing up the older suits all the time? I mean I'll expect it to be in the climatic fight for the next several arcs, but past that I don't think the show would make it so that we don't get to see our multiple riders in action in favour of just one suit doing all the work. It'd just seem like poor marketing to me.

EDIT: Also why does Oma Zi-O have a Drive Ridewatch? Didn't Geiz steal that from him? Or is that ridewatch actually the one that Sougo is gonna get in the present, but the future version of that- you know what, it doesn't matter. I hope we see Chase again at some point.
Izanagi_Izanami12345
Gao
Favorite series: Toqger + Shinkenger + Lupat + Gaim + Hibiki 1st Part
2nd Favorite Series: W + Build + Kyoryuger + Gobuster + GARO
Favorite Band: It changes over time, but the longest I like was Paramore
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by Izanagi_Izanami12345 »

White Woz, that was an okay end for him, though still not properly resolved in my opinion. Considering how mysterious he was and how shitty he treated his supposed savior, I was under the impression of something more from him, but looks like that was it. Good bye White Woz.

And how Blade was resolved I personally don't know how to feel. I mean Blade's original ending was very strong and powerful, but it's also felt good that both Jokers become Human and they don't have to hide themselves anymore and I personally also like that direction, though i assume they would recover their powers in the end as Sougo walks in his own path, not Oma Zio's.

That said, I really like this series as they starts properly used the lore and the guest stars for the past riders, something I wish they did for Fourze, Faiz, Wizard, and OOO.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Trinity form is lame. It's a W and Climax form rip off all in one.
whitehelm

Post by whitehelm »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 am EDIT: Also why does Oma Zi-O have a Drive Ridewatch? Didn't Geiz steal that from him? Or is that ridewatch actually the one that Sougo is gonna get in the present, but the future version of that- you know what, it doesn't matter. I hope we see Chase again at some point.
Yeah, the one Geiz has was stolen from Oma Zi-O in the future, and Sougo needs to get a present one that will eventually become Geiz's watch. We already had this situation with Ghost.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:19 pm Trinity form is lame. It's a W and Climax form rip off all in one.
Also decade thing "this may tickle" with geiz and woz becoming giant watchs straped in zio
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I like Trinity. Who wants to bet that Sougo fixing the clock inside trinity when it was going towards him was actually a blooper, and his face was the actor's real reaction when straighten back up.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kuchiri wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 pm I like Trinity. Who wants to bet that Sougo fixing the clock inside trinity when it was going towards him was actually a blooper, and his face was the actor's real reaction when straighten back up.
I'd love it if that were the case. It looked so natural and so fitting for Sougo that I just thought it was on purpose.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

I'm sorry but I can't give this episode more than 3 stars. Last episode was a 5 for me, but all that build up leads to a lacklustre conclusion. I wished Blade & Chalice had more character moments and their confrontations were more than just raging fist fights. Yes I get the whole Joker instinct thing but they need to have some form of dialogue between them to really make their reunion more impactful. Not just screaming "Kazuma!!! Hajime!!!!" all the time.

I also not quite sure how to feel about the resolution to Blade's story. Like Take said, this half-hearted ending did take away the original weight and impact of of the series' ending, which I considered my personal top 5 favourite KR ending. I'm happy for Kenzaki & Hajime not needing to carry the weight of the world on their shoulders anymore, but it doesn't feel earned the way the series' ending did.

Two more things I'm rather salty about - DiEnd & White Woz in this episode. We barely get a total of 1 min of DiEnd this episode, which is a big let down considering how hyped up he was in the previous episode. I hope the revelation in the end means we'll see DiEnd playing a bigger part in the plot moving forward otherwise I'll feel extremely cheated. Which leads me to White Woz. Man, I'm both pissed and disappointed with the way White Woz's story concluded. He is by far more interesting than the 3 Timejackers combined, and his sadism would've made him a great 3rd act villain. But no, they decided to reveal that he did what he did because he didn't have friends (???), wrap up his story, and killed him off. I like the idea of his timeline getting erased with Sougo heading towards an unknown future, but like with Blade's ending, it didn't feel earned. I see so many wasted potential with White Woz's storyline - they could also do a whole redemption arc and maybe eventually have him and Black Woz teamup. We'll never find out, cause Toei can't give us nice things.

What I do like, and gave this episode its 3 stars, are Sougo & the Blade characters. I feel like the writers finally know how to properly write and use legacy Riders, and play around with existing Rider lores instead of erasing them off. Seeing the Blade characters brought back so much nostalgia, and while I wasn't a big fan of how they ended the story, it's still 1000 times better than what they did with previous legacy Riders. As for Sougo, his speech to White Woz is perhaps the most mature of Sougo I've ever seen - and it also hints at how cleverly devious he can be (signs of Oma Zi-O here). I will love to see this kind of Sougo moving forward - it signifies his growth exponentially & will make me feel more invested in his character.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 amAlso why does Oma Zi-O have a Drive Ridewatch? Didn't Geiz steal that from him? Or is that ridewatch actually the one that Sougo is gonna get in the present, but the future version of that- you know what, it doesn't matter. I hope we see Chase again at some point.
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually — from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint — it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

sure they got blade and need agito, drive, den-O, Kabuto, Kiva and Hibiki but my question is... when the hell did they get the watch from Kuuga? the first heisei rider i mean come on, he's the first rider when decade uses the final form ride. i'm guessing sougo gets kuuga's watch in the movie or something but still this kind of blunder really pisses me off. i still like the series don't get me wrong but it's like when your reading a book and you stop in the middle and start reading the ending.
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

rubius wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:50 pm sure they got blade and need agito, drive, den-O, Kabuto, Kiva and Hibiki but my question is... when the hell did they get the watch from Kuuga? the first heisei rider i mean come on, he's the first rider when decade uses the final form ride. i'm guessing sougo gets kuuga's watch in the movie or something but still this kind of blunder really pisses me off. i still like the series don't get me wrong but it's like when your reading a book and you stop in the middle and start reading the ending.
Please wait for the home release of Heisei Generations Forever. Said movie will explain how Sougo got that specific Ride Watch.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Late for this episode but this gets a 5/5 because of the Trinity iwae was so good and because Diend got an OP treasure for his collection.
Final Vent!

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”