KR Zi-O 31 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:12 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
No votes
18%

Total votes: 17
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: KR Zi-O 31 released

Post by ViRGE »

I'm very excited that Tsukuyomi is finally getting a focus arc. It's been a long time coming, to the point that it's overdue.

But I have to deduct a point for amnesia. Seriously, Toei? What did you do, go digging in a pile of leftover soap opera tropes? It's so overdone that I can't even begin to take it seriously.

Otherwise this episode was very solid. It did a good job balancing the action scenes with the drama/investigation. Having never seen Agito, I can't really comment on that aspect; but everyone here likes it, so Toei must have done a good job. Though I do know that Another Agito is a thing, so I appreciate the underhandedness in recycling Another Agito as... Another Agito.:lol:

Zi-O Trinity still sucks though.
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:12 pm -What's with Woz's voice in this episode. Even in normal circumstances he's got a effect on it. Wait, Ora has it too. Have the future people always had this effect on their voice?
Clearly we've all noticed it. Which means it's not something that's in our heads, and instead is something Toei is doing intentionally. This is no accident.

Is this meant to be a retcon of sorts? The fact that they started doing this right when Tsukuyomi has started manifesting Timejacker-like powers has me highly suspicious. (the overall timing is also odd, since it comes right after they aborted the Oma Day/White Woz arc. So along with the change in how Another Riders work, maybe this is a serious attempt at a mid-season retool of the show?)

At any rate, I can't say I care for the effect. Especially when half the recurring cast now has it going on.
takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pm Huh, you're right. So if last week wasn't Oma Day, then why did white Woz die? They set it up to seem like a pivotal moment, but I guess it's just the "does black or white Woz live day"
Dear Toei: please make up your damn minds. Everything about Oma Day is becoming very frustrating. :|
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:24 pm Another Another Agito would be Another Agito's Another Rider though. That'd go too many layers deep!

Huh, you're right. So if last week wasn't Oma Day, then why did white Woz die? They set it up to seem like a pivotal moment, but I guess it's just the "does black or white Woz live day"
My guess is Geiz resolution. We know that White Woz is trying to fasten Oma day. It is mostly to make geiz revive timeline permanent. Geiz did try to make that into a reality in the beginning but ultimately decide not to as his feeling won't let him. That last scene between Geiz and White Woz finalize Geiz determination to not fight sougo and find a way to save him. As Geiz Revive timeline stem from Geiz defeat Sougo, Geiz Revive timeline begin to dissapear, making White Woz cease to exist.

For oma day, not sure. I think that oma day in blade arc is the oma day for Geiz Revive Timeline only if that make any sense.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if the Tsukuyomi amnesia angle (and her ability to stop time) is related to a scene in the opening credits where she is on a stairway with the timejackers and they disappear and she looks confused.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

nvr watched og agito before, but wonder if omega will actually means something here

and also if rina akiyama came back for agito, hoping to see her as train assistant of den-o again with that suit of her haha
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Cross wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 am nvr watched og agito before, but wonder if omega will actually means something here

and also if rina akiyama came back for agito, hoping to see her as train assistant of den-o again with that suit of her haha
If memory serves she also had a bit part in Zyuougers, so she is certainly on good enough terms with Toei for them to consider it.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:55 pm I'm very excited that Tsukuyomi is finally getting a focus arc. It's been a long time coming, to the point that it's overdue.

But I have to deduct a point for amnesia. Seriously, Toei? What did you do, go digging in a pile of leftover soap opera tropes? It's so overdone that I can't even begin to take it seriously.

Otherwise this episode was very solid. It did a good job balancing the action scenes with the drama/investigation. Having never seen Agito, I can't really comment on that aspect; but everyone here likes it, so Toei must have done a good job. Though I do know that Another Agito is a thing, so I appreciate the underhandedness in recycling Another Agito as... Another Agito.:lol:
Funny thing is that Agito had amnesia in the series as well but it was done so well though. You should really watch Agito though. The characters are so great.

I really like the callback of Shouichi walking with the belt glowing to his first henshin scene in Agito. Also Another Agito being able to create Agitos make sense to me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Another Agito was Houjou who is still has his grudge over G3 for 18 years.

Omuro has definitely aged well over the years. Looking pretty good.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Rejoice! For the rather inconsequential fan fic, The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa, has its third chapter, full of groaning one-liners.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13233129/3 ... ugo-Tokiwa
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I will just let the nostalgia win and give this episode a 5 just because it starts exactly how Agito started. Being able to see the original actors after so many years was so great and I will always love Rina Akiyama no matter how many years pass.

Ok great tribute to G3 but where is G3-X?... also I know that is ask way too much but be able to see Gills and Ozawa would have been the perfect dream.

So Tsukuyomi is a time jacker with memory lost... hmm the strange is that even Schwartz doesn't know what she is or he is not sure yet.

I swear to God that if they bring back Tendou (Hiro Mizushima) and Kagami original actor for the Kabuto arc I'm going to scream like a fangirl in from of the TV :p
Final Vent!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

So I just had a thought about Oma Day that's pretty simple and explains White Woz somewhat. After the last episode we were wonder if it was supposed to be Oma Day. It was. And it wasn't. Basically, it was Oma Day for the Geiz Revive timeine. Since it didn't come to pass, then bye bye White Woz. The mainline Oma Day is still on track because...well..Oma Zio still exists.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that Tsukuyomi was related to the Timejackers during the intro when she walks through them and she's the only one left. Good to see that suspicion starting to pay off.

I feel bad for not finishing Agito now. I can't remember why I stopped watching, but I know I left off around the time Another Agito popped up in the show, and that I didn't hate it. Now that I think on it, the mystery of that boat incident is still nagging me. Time to binge watch!

Woz doing his spiel and everything/one pausing and going 'da faq?' was just pure gold. Gotta agree with Geiz though- it made more sense for them to be split up to deal with multiple enemies rather than be in trinity form.

Schwartz being a mysterious heel is keeping the Timejacker's relevant to the plot, which is both good and bad at the same time because we still have no idea what their backstory is aside from 'we don't want Zi-O to become king.' I guess this will have something to do with Tsukuyomi later down the road, yet on the other hand, I do hope they get on with it.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

Bro... I've been waiting for this episode all season, and it didn't disappoint!

G3 Unit, the dorky dude from G3 Unit, MANA, the callback to Shouichi naming the restaurant Agito, the camera work when Shouichi detects an Unknown, and ESPECIALLY the glowing belt and fighting mid-henshin!!!

I half expected "Believe Yourself" to kick-in after he henshined, that's how faithful it felt!

I only wish Ozawa and Makoto were back v_v
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

this is a crazy one. I do wonder if Tsukuyomi is a timejacker. after all, Swartz said that it might be better for her that she doesn't remember. after all, let's not forget how Philip felt when he found out he was dead or related to the bad guys. or Sento found out he was the demon scientist and a founder of Faust.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact that the introduce Tsukuyomi having amnesia and a mysterious power in the same arc that Agito will be in is a little contrived.

Other than that, I did enjoy this episode. Why the fuck couldn't the Q1 Tribute arcs follow this routine?
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Guest characters were good but the main cast was kinda meh, Woz was the only one who had anything memorable with Trinity Form, its looking like Geiz is starting to fall in line or at least get used to Sougo's randomness even if he's supposed to be the one keeping him in line. I was glad they chose to let Shouichi actually come back and fight rather than time displacing him, the call back to his first appearance was great and the police force actually recognizing the G3 System as part of their infrastructure was a nice bit of world connectivity. Tsukuyomi actually being plot relevant is a nice change up.

Not sure why the shaky audio is a thing, if it is an artistic choice its a weird one.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:31 pm The fact that the introduce Tsukuyomi having amnesia and a mysterious power in the same arc that Agito will be in is a little contrived.
It's like poetry, it has to rhyme, lol

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”