Rider Time Ryuki 03 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: Rider Time Ryuki 03 released

Post by The M »

First of all, just for the sake of nostalgia and ignoring story issues : I rate it 4.

Izanagi_Izanami12345 - 5.As for Eri, as she never went dying, I think she and Ren's relationship just didn't work out, but still love each others, therefore Ren thought about her before he died and Eri wear the two rings...
I thought the same thing !!!

And last, since KR stories are erased when an Another Rider is created, I think when the Timejackers created Ryuga it kinda reset the Rider Battle. As for Odin, I don´t think he is Kanzaki, for me, he is a manifestation of his will so he just doing what was created for: saving Yui !
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Honestly, while I love when the explain Rider Tech, I generally give it a pass when they dont.

However this....it's a bit of a mess. The Original Ryuki was a bit of a mess, sure, but it was still somewhat coherent.

This literally feels like it exists just for the hell of it. It got Ren and Shinji right but pretty much nothing else. It brings more questions than it answers.

I understand that this is only a three episode miniseries, but if they didn't know how they were going to explain at least half of what is going on, then they probably should have just left it alone. It may sound harsh but Ryuki, for all of it's flaws, at least had an acceptable ending.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm Honestly, while I love when the explain Rider Tech, I generally give it a pass when they dont.

However this....it's a bit of a mess. The Original Ryuki was a bit of a mess, sure, but it was still somewhat coherent.

This literally feels like it exists just for the hell of it. It got Ren and Shinji right but pretty much nothing else. It brings more questions than it answers.

I understand that this is only a three episode miniseries, but if they didn't know how they were going to explain at least half of what is going on, then they probably should have just left it alone. It may sound harsh but Ryuki, for all of it's flaws, at least had an acceptable ending.
I don't actually mind Ryuki's ending too much. It's a bit "screw the audience", but it at least makes sense. It's when you get all the Ryuki appearances in later things that cause problems, and then this, which as you said, just raises more questions than it answers.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm I understand that this is only a three episode miniseries, but if they didn't know how they were going to explain at least half of what is going on, then they probably should have just left it alone. It may sound harsh but Ryuki, for all of it's flaws, at least had an acceptable ending.
Yeah, I feel conflicted. As bad as the third episode is, there's still things in the second and third episode that I did end up liking. And I thought the first episode was near perfect in terms of tone and feeling.

I can't help but wonder if it was hamstringed a bit by being shoehorning Ryuki into Zi-O. Like, what would this story have looked like if they just decided "Fuck it, we're doing a three episode mini Ryuki story". At the very least, I'd hope the wrapper story would make more sense and we'd at least have Shinji defeating Odin instead of Sougo and Geiz. Points to the poster who pointed out how narratively dissatisfying that is.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Also the fact that Geiz doesn't think to use Knight Armour despite just getting the Ride Watch. Remember, they still have the Claws and Tajador Ride Watches too that they've yet to use the armours for despite having them for ages.

Then again, they seem to forget their existence. Recent episodes which have shown off their Ride Watch collections have conveniently missed off both them and Genm.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Claws...?
HyouRetsuzan
Adventure

Post by HyouRetsuzan »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:40 pmClaws...?
i dare to bet by claws he meant cross-z :lol: :lol: this mini series, while it serves as nostalgia, quite good one but it also tear new hole for me. it was mended when another ryuga episode concluded but this mini series.. idk its that feeling of "wait what? thats it?!!" dissatisfaction is all over the place
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:20 pm
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:32 pm I understand that this is only a three episode miniseries, but if they didn't know how they were going to explain at least half of what is going on, then they probably should have just left it alone. It may sound harsh but Ryuki, for all of it's flaws, at least had an acceptable ending.
Yeah, I feel conflicted. As bad as the third episode is, there's still things in the second and third episode that I did end up liking. And I thought the first episode was near perfect in terms of tone and feeling.

I can't help but wonder if it was hamstringed a bit by being shoehorning Ryuki into Zi-O. Like, what would this story have looked like if they just decided "Fuck it, we're doing a three episode mini Ryuki story". At the very least, I'd hope the wrapper story would make more sense and we'd at least have Shinji defeating Odin instead of Sougo and Geiz. Points to the poster who pointed out how narratively dissatisfying that is.
I think they would have had more time to explain things probably. Geiz and Zi-O are just....there. They literally don't add anything to the miniseries. What they should have done was have this mini series happen BEFORE the Ryuki arc in Zi-O and remove Geiz and Sougo from it. Maybe have Shiro return because...I dunno...the TimeJackers have been fucking around with history and Time Vent is sensitive to it somehow. Have the rest of the miniseries happen almost exactly like it did, but at least make some effort at an explanation, even if it's "The Timestream is fucked to hell". Then, have Shinji defeat Another Ryuki and Odin. After all, Another Rider can be defeated with the power of that Rider, right? Then, after that is all said and done, THEN you have the Ryuga episodes from Zi-O, with a few slight changes. This way, you can have the miniseries without having Geiz and Sougo wander aimlessly and Sougo can still acquire the Ryuki Ridewatch.

Just a thought.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Well he's a dragon and it's クローズ. Why the hell would I spell it the nonsensical "Cross-Z" when it's quite clearly the word Claws. Or do you think there should be a Rider called Gord Drive because Toei spells it like that? What about Torick Star for Balance's roll call? You guys spent a year writing Hame and Guridon, so don't lecture me about sticking to official spellings when you think there's a better one.
Seen:
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 am Well he's a dragon and it's クローズ. Why the hell would I spell it the nonsensical "Cross-Z" when it's quite clearly the word Claws. Or do you think there should be a Rider called Gord Drive because Toei spells it like that? What about Torick Star for Balance's roll call? You guys spent a year writing Hame and Guridon, so don't lecture me about sticking to official spellings when you think there's a better one.
Nothing against going the TV-Nihon route and not always following the official romanization; it's just- "Claws" looks so different than "Cross-Z" that people accustomed to the official spelling might not always get what you intend to say. Just saying
Last edited by msf232 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah, since we were talking about Ryuki I thought you meant like the dude with the huge claws
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 am
Well he's a dragon and it's クローズ. Why the hell would I spell it the nonsensical "Cross-Z" when it's quite clearly the word Claws. Or do you think there should be a Rider called Gord Drive because Toei spells it like that? What about Torick Star for Balance's roll call? You guys spent a year writing Hame and Guridon, so don't lecture me about sticking to official spellings when you think there's a better one.
Like MSF said, I'm not trying to challenge you on it or anything. I LITERALLY didn't know what you were referring to since I never see anyone refer to Cross-Z as Claws. I agree that Claws is better than the official spelling, and hardly think my one liner constitutes a lecture. Chill out, we're on the same side, guy.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”