KR Zi-O 32 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 05, 2019 12:52 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
18%

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 32 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.4 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Sixinity Form

Soo... the echo shit is still here...

It's good to see Kasyu stick around and help out here and there. He looks good for his age. I didn't realize he was such a big dude until I saw him next to the Zi-O Actors and in the G3 suit.

I feel a bit let down by Tsukuyomi's mini story. It would have been nice if she could have taken Shouichi's advice and come to her own conclusions, but he basically just hands her all the answers. Also, guessing she's the daughter of Sougo now? Which do you think will get addressed first, why Woz turned to serve Oma Zi-O or Tsukuyomi's secret past?

Don't like that they turned Agitos into just a bunch of mindless zombies that you can kill with impunity. I mean, they literally spread by biting people. That's kind of a shitty thing to do to the original series canon? Also, why was Omuro preparing a widespread G3 thing. Did he foresee the Another Agito attack or what? Feels like some of his stuff got cut for time.

My brain went into sleep mode when Woz and Geiz started killing the monsters in a video game cut scene. Have to say that the double Rider kick with Zi-O and Agito was pretty sweet. And everyone loves BELIEVE YOURSELF, that's one of the most rocking battle songs for the Heisei Rider series.

Here's a question, after Another Agito becomes Agito (who was the host for this one anyway?) why does it keep making Another Agitos? Shouldn't it start creating Agitos?

Also Mana is just in the background in this episode. Good job creating a scene between two actors/characters almost 20 years after the fact.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: KR Zi-O 32 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

It's cool that Agito Trinity gets an appearance since it wasn't used that much in the main series even though it was used as a joke for Zi-O Trinity.

I feel like Another Agitos were kept being created after the original Another Agito became true Agito because he was forcing the change instead of happening naturally. Also Another Agito's host must have been so insignificant that Toei didn't bother hiring an actor for him. I was hoping for Houjou to be the host of Another Agito.

I do wish Mana had more of a role but Toei is probably saving Akiyama Rina for Den-O.

I'm betting for Woz's reason for serving Oma Zi-O will be revealed first.

So Schwartz is alpha Time Jacker with Heure and Ora are super bitches to him. I do want more of the Time Jackers backstory soon.

As for the preview of next week:
Spoiler
So Kiriya became the next Hibiki instead of Asumu, I wonder if he fixed his personality 14 years later. Also looks like old school Hibiki makes an appearance as well.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

That conversation between Woz and Schwartz is intriguing. And another thing: on that Oma Day flashback, Sougo was able to stop time to save Hiryu without Schwartz's assistance. Then after that flashback, Sougo did not bother to test his initial powers out.

What manner of time-manipulating species did Schwartz or Tsukuyomi come from?!

Junichirou, you're the best!!

Good that Shouichi consoled Tsukuyomi.

Believe Yourself!! Love this battle!!

Excellent episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:24 pm What manner of time-manipulating species did Schwartz or Tsukuyomi come from?!
Maybe they're both Sougo's ungrateful kids!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

There isn't a picture and link on the main page for this episode yet.

I think what has been missing from KR for a while is an adrenaline charged climax battle song.

The zombie agitolypse?

If Tsukuyomi does have a dark past and turns heel when she remembers, will she wear a black version of her top?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I didn't mention it last time, but I think Another Agito having zombie plague powers is a fun and clever distortion of how Agito worked in the original series.

Also from a tribute standpoint, this is easily my favourite so far. Shouichi himself is at the forefront alongside our heroes and there are further neat callbacks like him recounting his backstory or putting on the G3 suit. Mana and Omuro don't get much of anything in turn, which is a downside, but our most important guest having this much is already a treat that I have a hard time asking for more.

And I really like the whole climax. I genuinely think all the CG looked pretty exciting. It felt like something out of one of the spring movies, one of the ones that are good anyway. I was mostly convinced the heroes were surrounded everywhere by Another Agitos, Woz and Geiz's little competition was fun, and that double (quadruple?) rider kick was amazing. Oh, and hearing BELIEVE YOURSELF, the very first and still the greatest Heisei insert song, unexpectedly play nearly kicked me out of my seat because of how great it was.

As for the main story side of things, I'm both neutral and cautious. While I am glad that Tsukiyomi has something going for her now, I'm really not too interested in the fact that it has to do with the Time Jackers. As of right now, we don't even know what defines a 'Time Jacker', whether it's just what they call themselves or if it's their 'species' or whatever, and I gave up caring or expecting an answer quite a long time ago. That said, I do hope at the very least it keeps Tsukiyomi relevant and/or gives her something to do.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This is how a tribute arc should be done. Why it took 30 episodes to do so I don't know. Notice how the series is so much better without trying to fit the dumb time travel into it?

I was really surprised that Believe Yourself played. I know previous episodes used previous series background BGMs, but this was a surprise. Would have been better if it was Deep Breath though.

My favourite arc of the show so far. I'm going on a limb and saying its going to be the exception more than anything else.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

Nice timing! having started to binge all of Agito when episode 31 came out, i finished as episode 32 released.

I really enjoyed these two episodes. Loved the shit out of the Trinity form team up and badass rider kicks by the returning rider alongside the current one, the whole 2-parter felt like a lot of love and effort went in what with the BGM usage, so many of the agito forms & suits appearing, the restaurant, shouichi appearing through darkness with his belt glowing like the first henshin of agito... i wish they were doing it this way from the start, but what can you do. I would be way more annoyed by mana appearing but not getting that much to do if it wasn't for how much Toei splooges itself over Den-O, so I assume it's just cause naomi's gonna be a big part of those episodes. Also, Omuro being a completely ignored background character who seems superfluous to the plot is so fucking Omuro it's unreal. It's a shame Another Another Agito wasn't revealed as Hojou and Ozawa didn't return to kick him in the dick again, but i was super happy with this episode.

P.S. Deep Breath > Believe Yourself but i was still really glad to hear it, it made that double rider kick even more badass.

P.P.S watching the CM, i badly want that CD set with all the themes on.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Thanks for the episode !!! You guys are awesome ! Did you notice that the echo started AFTER the Blade Tribute AKA Oma Day ? Intriguing...
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

What did Tsukuyomi mouth to Sougo/Trinity at the end?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I can't tell to be honest. Looks like it's two syllables?
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

With my very limited Japanese, I initially thought "nakama" which I guess would make sense in context.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Oh yeah, uh, was Tsukiyomi's word to Trinity at the end there meant to be silently mouthed? I can't help but think it was an audio error on the show's part. The fact that we've had that weird echo effect recently too further makes me suspect that.

Also nothing against Deep Breath but I can't believe that there are people who thinks it's superior to Believe Yourself : P
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:52 pm
TypicalStandUser wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:24 pm What manner of time-manipulating species did Schwartz or Tsukuyomi come from?!
Maybe they're both Sougo's ungrateful kids!
That's certainly what I'm suspecting at this point. It's kind of the obvious route, but it can still pay some big dividends in terms of drama.

Plus it would conveniently explain why Schwartz went after that bus of kids: because he somehow didn't know his father's name, but he knew from his father's stories that the event on that bus involved his father. (And Geiz is Oma Zi-O, pissed that Sougo wouldn't let him marry his daughter!)

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to this next arc. Part 1 is going to be the last episode of the Heisei era, and then part 2 will be the first episode of the Reiwa era.:)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The times, they are a changing.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”