KR Zi-O 33 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
42%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Zi-O 33 released

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:45 am
takenoko wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:11 am Oooh, you're right. I honestly don't remember him doing that much in the show or even having a name lol. Anyway, my bad.

The point still stands though, about Hibiki and MagiRanger airing concurrently.
That seems way more of a stretch to me than assuming it's because they got a Wizard actor back.
Not really. No one remembers Todoroki's bit part on Wizard, and if the reference were for him, they probably would have waited for him to be in the scene. It just seems easier for me to conceive of the writer looking up the wiki for Hibiki and going "hmm, what references can I make. Oh, it aired at the same time as MagiRanger"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I was under the impression there was some drama with Hibikis original actor, which could be a reason he wasn't in the episode (unless he appears in the next one and I was wrong).

I like the fact that Kiriya wasn't able to succeed Hibiki. He was always a dick.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, you kind of get that impression since you never see him do cameos or anything. Probably didn't have a good experience doing Hibiki and just views it as a paycheck.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:30 am I like the fact that Kiriya wasn't able to succeed Hibiki. He was always a dick.
I wouldn't say he failed just yet. The "What happens next week" teaser does imply that he might still become Hibiki. Sougo, after all, tells him that there is nothing he can't achieve if he works hard enough and the last line of the preview does kinda imply that someone will become Hibiki. Right now, I'm 80% sure he will be the new Hibiki.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm I dunno, you kind of get that impression since you never see him do cameos or anything. Probably didn't have a good experience doing Hibiki and just views it as a paycheck.
I figured he was like Kuuga and just didn't want anything to do with the franchise anymore.
Layton13 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm I wouldn't say he failed just yet. The "What happens next week" teaser does imply that he might still become Hibiki. Sougo, after all, tells him that there is nothing he can't achieve if he works hard enough and the last line of the preview does kinda imply that someone will become Hibiki. Right now, I'm 80% sure he will be the new Hibiki.
My assumption is it'll be actual Hibiki in a silent, suit-only appearance, maybe seen from behind with a stand in like Fourze was. Isn't the point of the Oni that it's about awakening your inner power? So it doesn't make sense for anyone to be Hibiki other than Hibiki himself?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I just hope the surprise isn't "Surprise, Kiriya didn't become Hibiki because he was ALIVE THE WHOLE TIME". The more I think about it, the more I feel like they're going to drop the ball on Kiriya's reasons for being secretive. But I guess we'll see next week.

So checking Hosokawa Shigeki's wiki entry:
People called him "the old man Rider". I guess he was positive and contributed at the script meetings, but he was also on a drama Yoshitsune so because of scheduling issues he made less appearances and didn't appear as much. And then there was the staff change in the middle of the series which he commented on at his own site and Rider events.

The guy voiced Hibiki a few years ago for the games though, so he still takes a paycheck from that.
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

ViRGE wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 am
Dengar wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:02 pm At least Heure and Woz have their regular voices back though.
I noticed that as well. And thank goodness for that! I hope whoever was handling the audio for the previous episode got smacked with a rusty trombone.
*Holds up a rusty trombone* Who's gonna get smacked?

I thought the episode was meh...mainly because of Woz's hamminess. I get that's his schtick but there's only so much ham a person can take.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Layton13
Infinity
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:39 pm
Layton13 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:28 pm I wouldn't say he failed just yet. The "What happens next week" teaser does imply that he might still become Hibiki. Sougo, after all, tells him that there is nothing he can't achieve if he works hard enough and the last line of the preview does kinda imply that someone will become Hibiki. Right now, I'm 80% sure he will be the new Hibiki.
My assumption is it'll be actual Hibiki in a silent, suit-only appearance, maybe seen from behind with a stand in like Fourze was. Isn't the point of the Oni that it's about awakening your inner power? So it doesn't make sense for anyone to be Hibiki other than Hibiki himself?
Well, Todoroki was supposed to become the next Zanki. Oni's give on their names to the next generations, one of Hibiki's main themes. Of any of the Main Riders, the one I totally buy giving over the mantel to someone else is Hibiki, because that is part of their culture. And as much as Decade has its problems, that was a plot point there as well and it worked really well.

I'm not the biggest fan of Kiria, but I would be ok with it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I would have rather they got his actor for a Den-O crossover. I know they are saving it to be the big one.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:27 am I would have rather they got his actor for a Den-O crossover. I know they are saving it to be the big one.
I'm pretty sure the Heisei Generations Forever movie was their Den-O tribute though. I expect Sougo to get the ride-watch by some other Den-O or time-related character during maybe the Kiva arc or something (since that series deals in split timelines and whatnot, so there would be an excuse for it).
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Did he also get the W watch during the movie? I don't remember there being a W episode but we did see him use W armor one time.
ViRGE wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 am"real-time" introductions are now a permanent fixture? It's an interesting idea. But it does feel weird coming more than half-way through the series.
Yeah but before he wasn't really part of the party was he? Now he's actually living with them.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Dengar wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:11 pm Did he also get the W watch during the movie? I don't remember there being a W episode but we did see him use W armor one time.
ViRGE wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 am"real-time" introductions are now a permanent fixture? It's an interesting idea. But it does feel weird coming more than half-way through the series.
Yeah but before he wasn't really part of the party was he? Now he's actually living with them.
The movie had him get Double and Kuuga. No sign so far of the Den-O Ride Watch.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:38 pm

The movie had him get Double and Kuuga. No sign so far of the Den-O Ride Watch.
We will get a Den-o tribute at the small screen as Sougo did not get the den-o ride watch yet.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Maybe they'll save the fellow time traveling king for last? It's fitting for an Act 2 climax. Not to mention the sheer market value of the Imagin.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

kamen rider wut! wut! lol
is it me or woz looks like urataros? anyway nice to see kyosoke kiriya err sakurai yuto wait its kiriya but its yuto... aaaargh!
HUH?!?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”