KR Zi-O 33 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
42%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 33 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.85 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Oni conspiracy theories

Feeling wise, feels like Hibiki. Storywise, I don't really understand why Kiriya is being deceptive, so it's hard to feel invested in the story. Todoroki is there, but only as an info-giving npc. And Tsutomu is barely a character.

So it falls on Kiriya to carry the weight of the story. Let's hope his reasons for it are a good one.

It'd be nice to see Zeronos drop by, I'm just saying.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 33 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Woz wants to celebrate Sougo’s birthday that badly, eh??

Welcome back to Kamen Rider, Shingo Kawaguchi and Yuichi Nakamura. Meanwhile, Hosokawa’s on his Amebo site posting trees and Tochihara’s in the beach.

Defeating the MOTW is a priority. Why is Kyousuke adamant in compromising this objective?

Nothing to move the story for this one. Sure, Heure's being active again, but he should have his own investigation on what Schwartz is planning for Oma Day.

OK episode.

Kougami should’ve reappeared to make a cake for Sougo’s birthday.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Did they figured out a way that they keep their clothes after transforming into oni or just forget about that fact?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm betting the latter.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Censorship ???
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I really enjoyed this episode. I have gotten used to the sound effect that they use as a laugh track when the characters act like aho's. Todoroki's guitar solo brought back fond memories. Kiriya only becoming a nameless oni was a twist I enjoyed if for nothing else than it would fit into a fanfic I once wrote where Hitomi gets trained by Akira and Kiriya constantly gets shown up by her (because she is naturally more athletic than he is). (It would be quite a twist in the show if Hitomi was the one that inherited Hibiki's powers.) (An even stranger twist would be if the punk who beat up Asumu later is hit by a car and is saved by Dr. Asumu. Repenting and wanting to change his ways, the punk has Asumu recommend Hibiki to him and the punk inherits Hibiki's power.) Heure deflecting the guitar of doom back on Todoroki was also memorable.

For someone with dramatic amnesia, Tsukuyomi sure remembers a lot more (or has more common sense) than the other characters.

Now, if Geiz is well trained enough to use the Taiko Drum, what instrument should Sougo use if they have to defeat the monster of the week with a triple music attack?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Phoenix512 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 pm Did they figured out a way that they keep their clothes after transforming into oni or just forget about that fact?
Forgot or didn't care. I'd say the latter is more likely given how this show's been going.

Come on guys, you've been calling him Kamen Rider Kyoki in supplementary materials for years, don't forget about it now. At least they didn't actually have him become Hibiki, since that would have made even less sense.
Spoiler
Next week actual Hibiki turns up. At least, I assume it's him. I'm guessing it's a suit-only appearance like Kuuga was, due to the whole "Kamen Rider can go fuck itself" both actors have to the franchise now.

Also, since I'm assuming they shot next week's episode before the era name was announced, I'd guess the script just said "Heisei Oni, *Name Pending* Oni" or something on it.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Can someone give us a little information about the Hibiki's story to the people that have not watched it?

Is "Zeronos" from that show too?

What happened to the original hibiki character? He dies at the end of the show?...
Final Vent!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Zeronos is from Den-O. Not sure why but it's probably some joke that he was mentioned?

It was really a meh episode. It felt like filler rather than having any moving parts.

At least Heure and Woz have their regular voices back though.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Zeronos is played by Kiriya's actor, that's why. And Todoroki is Green Mage, hence the use of Wizard Armour. A shame they don't want to fork out for Den-O Armour. Or Zeronos Armour. Or Mage Armour.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm Zeronos is played by Kiriya's actor, that's why. And Todoroki is Green Mage, hence the use of Wizard Armour. A shame they don't want to fork out for Den-O Armour. Or Zeronos Armour. Or Mage Armour.
No, Todoroki and MagiGreen??? are different actors. They used Wizard armor because Hibiki and MagiRanger aired concurrently. Luna pointed that out to me.

Hibiki TLDR: It's the story of a boy and his Hibiki. Boy's just got the mom, has no father figure. Hibiki steps in and kind of mentors the boy over the series. About halfway through, Kiriya is introduced as a dickish rival of some sorts, and ends up becoming Hibiki's pupil. Hibiki doesn't die except in the Decade AU.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

takenoko wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:40 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm Zeronos is played by Kiriya's actor, that's why. And Todoroki is Green Mage, hence the use of Wizard Armour. A shame they don't want to fork out for Den-O Armour. Or Zeronos Armour. Or Mage Armour.
No, Todoroki and MagiGreen??? are different actors. They used Wizard armor because Hibiki and MagiRanger aired concurrently. Luna pointed that out to me.

Hibiki TLDR: It's the story of a boy and his Hibiki. Boy's just got the mom, has no father figure. Hibiki steps in and kind of mentors the boy over the series. About halfway through, Kiriya is introduced as a dickish rival of some sorts, and ends up becoming Hibiki's pupil. Hibiki doesn't die except in the Decade AU.
he meant the green mage in wizard not magi green

there are 3 kamen rider mage in wizard. one is orange, one is blue and one is green

the actor played the green one
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oooh, you're right. I honestly don't remember him doing that much in the show or even having a name lol. Anyway, my bad.

The point still stands though, about Hibiki and MagiRanger airing concurrently.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:11 am Oooh, you're right. I honestly don't remember him doing that much in the show or even having a name lol. Anyway, my bad.

The point still stands though, about Hibiki and MagiRanger airing concurrently.
That seems way more of a stretch to me than assuming it's because they got a Wizard actor back.
Seen:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I wasn't impressed with this episode. Not every episode needs to be moving Zi-O's plot forward, but at the same time it feels like the regular writers took the week off. Woz's actions in particular are incredibly ham-fisted; if they needed KR Woz pushed out for the arc, there surely would have been better ways to do it.

Otherwise the entire episode is essentially stitched together by a series of incredible coincidences; Sougo's yearbook was coincidentally out, he coincidentally knows the Another Rider host, they coincidentally run into oni, etc. I don't really know where this arc is going; I'm also not sure it cares where it's going.

Speaking of Woz, I guess his "real-time" introductions are now a permanent fixture? It's an interesting idea. But it does feel weird coming more than half-way through the series.
Dengar wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:02 pm At least Heure and Woz have their regular voices back though.
I noticed that as well. And thank goodness for that! I hope whoever was handling the audio for the previous episode got smacked with a rusty trombone.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”