KR Zi-O 35 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 am

☆☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 22
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: KR Zi-O 35 released

Post by BreadToku »

ViRGE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am PS Can anyone tell what KR suit(s) was Ginga kitbashed from?
From looking at it, the main purple body is taken straight from Fourze Meteor Fusion States. And the lower section of the legs come from Meteor's base form. Ginga is arguably the most kitbashed-looking so far because none of these parts were even painted a different colour.

The jagged detail of the helmet's face points it as clearly being from the Kamen Rider Mage suit from Wizard, but with a saucer pasted on the front.

If there's more, I don't immediately recognise it. All in all, I don't think even think he looks bad, but it's probably my least favourite design among the future riders. ...Well, I don't know if he's from the future, but 'future riders' sounds better than 'kitbashed riders'.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

As everyone else mentioned, i was REALLY enjoying this episode until ginga shows up for no good fucking reason and everyone just kinda appears at the battlezone. As much as the Tsukuyomi all of a sudden liking spicy foods line was weird (is there someone in EVERY show this inoue guy wrote with a weird food thing?) i really enjoyed the banter and camaraderie around the group at the start of the episode. it's nice to see them all start to feel like actual people and feel like there's a bit of chemistry between them. Geiz with his "are we seriously doing a flashback?" tone, Geiz & Tsukuyomi yelling "enough" at sougo simultaneously and Woz's "Tsunami of women" line all had me grinning from ear to ear.

There were only a few kiva references, but they were good ones. As someone who watched all of kiva literally days before this episode, i enjoyed this one episode a hell of a lot more than 90% of that show. As soon as i saw another kiva's actress, i remembered her from G and was like "Hey, she is looking GREAT for her age. fountain of youth over here looking like she's in her early 30's at 40? good for her." then the line later on where they're like "Hey, this character is 26" and i choked on my drink. As much as i would have liked more Wolfbro in this episode, another kiva has been one of the best another riders in the show, so i'm content with her getting that extra screentime. Honestly, even though the episode ends on "SLAM THE BRAKES, HERE'S GINGA" and that was shite, the episode in general was still one of the better episodes of the season for me. I hope they stick the landing next episode.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

The episode was a 4 until Ginga got into it and it drops to a 3.

They need to explain a lot of stuff now specially why Jirou and guys are helping this fake Kiva. A female rider is something good for a change but the suit should looked female too.

I was never a big Kiva fan. I think that Kiva was just ok and I really liked more Otoya and the story from the past than Wataru and the story from the future.
Final Vent!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Wait, is Ginga supposed to be a future rider? I though he was supposed to be a run in from the Ultraman universe ...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:26 am It's striking how different Jetman is to Kiva. You wouldn't think it was done by the same writer.
I'm guessing INoue was hit in the head after he wrote Agito...

>So juxtaposing her against Sougo is just really weird; it's pretty much impossible to buy her as being Sougo's first crush.

So Sougo is into the older sister type, eh?

>>-Geiz, I'm pretty sure you're just as virginal as Sougo, who are you to judge?
>:lol:

Sometimes I write funny lines that I know will never get past qc. First draft:
"I'm a bit shocked. Sougo, you're a total virgin."
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm This episode was peak "Sougo is a complete fucking moron how the fuck has he gotten to age 19 without being hit by a car he's that dumb". I agree Ginga should have been his own arc. Ora vs Another Kiva does make me wish the Time Jackers had monster forms, although I suspect that might end up being the case later on.

Also, are they really getting Kivat's voice actor for the Kiva arc without having him voice Kivat? But then, I suppose they'd need Kiva himself. Unless they have Kivat fly in and become the Ride Watch in a sort of Signalman situation.
KIvat VA voiced Ginga
BreadToku wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am
ViRGE wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:53 am PS Can anyone tell what KR suit(s) was Ginga kitbashed from?
From looking at it, the main purple body is taken straight from Fourze Meteor Fusion States. And the lower section of the legs come from Meteor's base form. Ginga is arguably the most kitbashed-looking so far because none of these parts were even painted a different colour.

The jagged detail of the helmet's face points it as clearly being from the Kamen Rider Mage suit from Wizard, but with a saucer pasted on the front.

If there's more, I don't immediately recognise it. All in all, I don't think even think he looks bad, but it's probably my least favourite design among the future riders. ...Well, I don't know if he's from the future, but 'future riders' sounds better than 'kitbashed riders'.
the head is mage from wizard
and yep, the body is from fourze movie form
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

kamen rider... galactus... so the arm monsters follow her eventhough it is not th real kiva huh.. kinda miss the guys playing chess
HUH?!?
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Where the heck can I even start here? @_@

This simultaneously managed to be the episode with the most potential for actual overall plot development towards Sougo's character and the most WTF moment for literally just pulling a Future Rider out of left field for no reason whatsoever (other than what I assume is a time crunch from lack of episodes). We could have gotten a good spin on the idea of a Fangire Queen empowered as Kiva but her behavior just keeps feeling more forced with every scene and instead of trying to steer it back on course they just drop a new OP boss enemy out of the sky because they decided they need to include another Future Watch for the Beyondriver toy.

And how the heck does that even work now? White Woz is gone cause the future his timeline was born out of didn't come to pass, and there's no other in-story impetus for needing more Future Watches cause Geiz Revive is already a thing. To say nothing of the fact that he just drops out of nowhere to blow stuff up and nothing else. Even kids are gonna watch this and realize it makes no sense.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

i loved this episode until ginga appears, when we have one villain with reasons, motivations etc the plot usually is awesome, blade arc maybe probably be even better if amane-chan had more screentime etc

ginga: dafuq was that? kiva arc running smoothly and then ginga appear with that crap kitbashed suit, talking japan/english language without motivation etc and almost become battle royale etc

i belong to club of people who dont understand why jirou and arm monsters are following another kiva but is good see jirou again besides i really dont remember whats happening with arms monsters on kiva final.

with kabuto arc near when i see that asteroid my first thought was "worms arriving into earth again...next arc probably gonna be kabuto"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

For the Arms Monsters following Another Kiva, it does say in the monster profile that Another Kiva's power is to control the Arms Monsters. Is it satisfying, since the Arms Monsters are sentient and also, that's clearly the same Jirou from original Kiva? Maybe not?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

But the question still remains...

What IS "it"?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

With the benefit of hindsight, they probably should've had both version of another riders from the beginning. If they could get the old cast back, have the another rider be the present version, and if they couldn't get the old cast back, then have the another rider be the past changing version. If this was another rider created in the past changing history, then it would feel less odd for the arms monsters to be fighting with her. Plus it's also odd that none of Kiva, IXA, nor Saga would show up since they would all presumably still be active, or at least none of their powers disappeared.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

RoxasXIII wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:52 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm This episode was peak "Sougo is a complete fucking moron how the fuck has he gotten to age 19 without being hit by a car he's that dumb". I agree Ginga should have been his own arc. Ora vs Another Kiva does make me wish the Time Jackers had monster forms, although I suspect that might end up being the case later on.

Also, are they really getting Kivat's voice actor for the Kiva arc without having him voice Kivat? But then, I suppose they'd need Kiva himself. Unless they have Kivat fly in and become the Ride Watch in a sort of Signalman situation.
KIvat VA voiced Ginga
Hence the bit where I mentioned Kivat's voice actor was here in the Kiva arc but not voicing the character he played in Kiva. I'm sure having him play 2 roles wouldn't be out of the question.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

PDA wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:27 pm
with kabuto arc near when i see that asteroid my first thought was "worms arriving into earth again...next arc probably gonna be kabuto"
ooooh! thats what im been waiting for! hope to see THE tendou souji and also the rest of the main KR actor
HUH?!?
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

I noticed the tone of this episode was very different compared to what we been seeing all season long. I knew it was written by someone else and its the guy who wrote Kiva. Makes sense. This episode was interesting for sure with the female character being sympathetic. I can see her point and her motives to be Queen is a nice contrast to Sougo. Ginga making his appearance in the end was so random though so that kinda sucked for me. Oh well. I am awaiting hard to see the Kabuto arc. Got me wondering who will be reprising their role.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”