KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

A few weeks ago, I joked that Toei would steal ideas from Endgame for their upcoming movies. But it looks like Toei got to it first?

I don't know if the time travel tomfoolery and villain motivations totally line up, but what an amazing farewell letter to an era of hero shows.

I really dug all the nods to previous shows, the little kids were actually likable. Likable kids, what is this?

Too bad everyone and their mother spoiled Ryoutarou's return for this movie, including Toei itself who just reveal it in the Zi-O shorts. Toei, sometimes you're just a little kid who acts like a little kid, who just hasn't quite grocked the art of subtlety yet.

I thought the Build characters were used really effectively here. During the making of, they start it by saying "This is Build's last movie" which is kind of a sad note. But with all the background signs saying "Last Heisei sale" and so on, this is also going to be the last Rider movie in the Heisei era, isn't it?

Momotaros turning back to Ryoutarou and being the avatar of the audience, you can feel the deft hand of Kobayashi in there, and she's there in the credits. Hurray!

Good use of time travel here. It kept the mystery going just long enough such that I felt like I figured out how the brothers were related at an appropriate time. Of course, if you're super slow, we get the scene where they put it all together for you too, which is fair since this movie is for little kids.

Mixed feelings about all the Heisei Riders doing their little fight scene. I really liked some of the nods, but it also drags on way too long in an unavoidable way. Thought it was much stronger later on when all the RIders were on their bikes. I haven't checked the credits yet, but a lot of the voices sound authentic, so Toei's been much better about that recently. I think before they just had the suit actors or random voice actors fill in with whatever, so I appreciate the attempt.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Heisei Generations released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I personally hope Tid is referenced in Zi-O later on, as one of the reasons why Schwartz is the big bad of the entire series or if he's from the same species Schwartz and Tsukuyomi came from.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What exactly is Teed/Tid supposed to be a reference to namewise? Is this just "time" in another language?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Swedish word for Time, apparently.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah thanks,!
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Turn up the volume of your headset. On the Ryoutarou scene, you can hear quite a bit of Satoh Takeru's voice even though it's Urataros describing the situation.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life

Excellent movie.

A breaking the 4th wall plot in the hopes that one teenager could "try" to find the brother he lost. Alright.

Nostalgia makes things great. Using archived voices of the people who couldn't make it to the movie may not be good for some but it's fine.

If anything, this movie makes good foreshadowing for the main series' future events.

1- Retconned!Tsukuyomi questioned why Ataru would call her by that name but was kind enough to acknowledge him. New episodes should delve into who Tsukuyomi really is.
2- Tid's plan required a young boy and Rider powers to destroy the timeline. Schwartz's plan also required a young boy & Rider powers to allow said boy to grow up & conquer the future, so far.

I hope the December 2019 movie can top this one.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:25 am I thought the Build characters were used really effectively here. During the making of, they start it by saying "This is Build's last movie" which is kind of a sad note. But with all the background signs saying "Last Heisei sale" and so on, this is also going to be the last Rider movie in the Heisei era, isn't it?
That's not even true. Both of Build's V-Cinemas came out after this. Hell, the Grease one isn't even out until November.

That was really disappointing, especially after the quality of the previous 2 Heisei Generations movies, but I suppose it's what I expected from Zi-O at this point. The first half was kind of alright, but then it really went downhill. They made the brave decision of trying to somehow have both Build's ending and the Build episodes of Zi-O co-exist, which is basically impossible. We had Woz entering the Gaia Library for no explained reason other than they couldn't get Suda. We have Another Den-O saying 2007 despite being created in 2000. We've got the convoluted AU where Riders aren't real, which was apparently a dream? Except Sougo can get there using the Double Watch he got from that universe for some reason. These 2 alternate timelines exist simultaneously somehow.

The Heisei finale movie deserved better. All of Build's movies had so much more love put into them than this. Remember last year, where they had a plot that made sense? Which then actually tied into the series' plot in a meaningful way?

Was nice to get the Den-O guys back again, especially Ryotaro.
Spoiler
The Imagin are all confirmed for episodes 39/40, so right now that's all I'm looking forward to. Especially as yesterday's Kabuto part 1 was terrible.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Post by The M »

Thanks ! Are you guys gonna sub Build New World Cross-Z ?
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Ah..., the first KR movie I watched at big screen.

This movie actually show up at local cinemas in some countries in South East Asia around early March, until Endgame dominating all showtimes a month later.

Truly a good movie indeed. Too bad some translation is a bit weird in my country's cinema. I bet the translator didn't watch KR that much.

On a related note, I read somewhere that there were "Heisei Kamen Rider 20 Series: Supplementary Plan" which aired in Video Pass. I was thinking that you will release that with the movie to avoid spoiler. Did you decided to not sub that part?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Dark Ren wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:06 am Ah..., the first KR movie I watched at big screen.

This movie actually show up at local cinemas in some countries in South East Asia around early March, until Endgame dominating all showtimes a month later.

Truly a good movie indeed. Too bad some translation is a bit weird in my country's cinema. I bet the translator didn't watch KR that much.

On a related note, I read somewhere that there were "Heisei Kamen Rider 20 Series: Supplementary Plan" which aired in Video Pass. I was thinking that you will release that with the movie to avoid spoiler. Did you decided to not sub that part?
Those are the .5 episodes, which they released weekly with the episodes.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:36 am Those are the .5 episodes, which they released weekly with the episodes.
I believe those 2 are different. I checked my history and I found the source information

https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Kame ... ntary_Plan

https://kamenrider.fandom.com/wiki/Heis ... ntary_Plan
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>That's not even true. Both of Build's V-Cinemas came out after this. Hell, the Grease one isn't even out until November.

Sure, but a direct to video isn't a theatrical release.

>They made the brave decision of trying to somehow have both Build's ending and the Build episodes of Zi-O co-exist, which is basically impossible.

For some, I was under the impression that Build was starting to lose his memory when he parted with Sougo at the end. Maybe that's just my own wild interpretation of the scene though.

>We have Another Den-O saying 2007 despite being created in 2000.

I feel like that's not how the numbers have ever worked?

>Are you guys gonna sub Build New World Cross-Z ?

Of course!

>Heisei Kamen Rider 20 Series: Supplementary Plan

https://passgetit.auone.jp/article/44

Hmmm, is it just the Zi-O cast talking about Heisei Kamen Riders? Sounds kind of boring.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 amI feel like that's not how the numbers have ever worked?
Yes, it is. Every Another Rider displays the number of the year the Another Rider was created. That's why the recent ones say 2019 on them. Another Den-O is the only exception, since it was created in 2000, but displays 2007.
Seen:
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Movie good, not much to actually talk about in the movie for my tastes. I don't think Sougo is smart enough to have a Drive revelation however he does... and I did sort of cringe when Woz entered Gaia Library.

I think this movie confirmed one thing we've been debating about for years.

OOOs has two final forms and Super Tatoba isn't one of them. ((Or they keep on wanting to fuel the debate. Since they used Putotyra and Tajador as a final form in the last two OOOs appearances, so now having both during the credits that shows base and final forms is a rider kick in the teeth to those actually serious in the argument))

Now... does this confirm that Oma-Zio is actually the final form of Z-io. :o

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”