KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

Cross wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 pm
ehh he said "kuuga ga hajimari mai no hi ni umaretanda", not the first day, so theres no mistake isnt it?
Nah, that's me just doubling down on the mistake. I'll just copy and paste the line from the script:
I was born one day before Kuuga first aired.

>that someone was probably, most likely, me. it's that when Agito's part is playing you can hear Fourze's theme. not only that but Excite is playing during Blade's Part (you can only hear EXCITE) though. also you missed some rider kick announcements at the final battle

https://petitlyrics.com/lyrics/2778093
so Fourze, ikou ze, and excite excite during the Blade section?

I thought I heard a Gaim and maybe a Faiz attack, are those the missing ones? I also noticed a missing yossha from Momotaros at 1:31:50
User avatar
dualvision1984
7X
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:12 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by dualvision1984 »

I just need to brought this one up... you've used Fixed Point as translation for Tokuiten but originally and most of the materials in the net, Shingo is Singularity Point like Ryotaro Nogami. Can you shed some light on this one? I became confused while watching the movie yesterday.
Sonicguy001
01
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 am
Male: Yes
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Sonicguy001 »

takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:09 pm
Cross wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:02 pm
ehh he said "kuuga ga hajimari mai no hi ni umaretanda", not the first day, so theres no mistake isnt it?
Nah, that's me just doubling down on the mistake. I'll just copy and paste the line from the script:
I was born one day before Kuuga first aired.

>that someone was probably, most likely, me. it's that when Agito's part is playing you can hear Fourze's theme. not only that but Excite is playing during Blade's Part (you can only hear EXCITE) though. also you missed some rider kick announcements at the final battle

https://petitlyrics.com/lyrics/2778093
so Fourze, ikou ze, and excite excite during the Blade section?

I thought I heard a Gaim and maybe a Faiz attack, are those the missing ones? I also noticed a missing yossha from Momotaros at 1:31:50
yeah, gaim and faiz are missing (those are the only ones you can clearly hear, if there's any others then they aren't noticeable enough to worry about). also 'Fourze, Ikou Ze' is during Agito and Blade has 'Excite, Excite' heard clearly. as for Momo's Yossha, I don't notice that, but if YOU can hear it then it must be worth noting. that and 'Joker Exteme'. I personally can't hear it, but someone else might and pop up saying so (that and it'd be the only announcement missing)
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

dualvision1984 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:16 pm
I just need to brought this one up... you've used Fixed Point as translation for Tokuiten but originally and most of the materials in the net, Shingo is Singularity Point like Ryotaro Nogami. Can you shed some light on this one? I became confused while watching the movie yesterday.
Sure. When I translated Den-O in 2007, I didn't really understand how tokuiten fit into the logic of the series, so I just used the first term that was associated with it, which was Singularity:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%89%B9 ... 0%E7%82%B9

Somewhere along translating the series though, I realized that singularity didn't really seem to be a term that fit the context of how they were using it in the show. In the show, a tokuiten is just a fixed point in the time line, that isn't changed whenever the timeline was. At some point, I stopped using singularity and started using the phrase singular point, I think?

Anyway, I think Fixed Point conveys that meaning better. If I redid Den-O now, I'd probably change all the terms for tokuiten to Fixed Point instead.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

Okay, I think I made all the changes. Any other things I need to fix, since there probably won't be a v4 lol.
Sonicguy001
01
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 am
Male: Yes
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Sonicguy001 »

takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Okay, I think I made all the changes. Any other things I need to fix, since there probably won't be a v4 lol.
my view: you're all good. i dont know about anyone else though
User avatar
dualvision1984
7X
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:12 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: Cavite, Philippines

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by dualvision1984 »

Noted with this one. Thanks for your reply.

takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:25 pm
dualvision1984 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:16 pm
I just need to brought this one up... you've used Fixed Point as translation for Tokuiten but originally and most of the materials in the net, Shingo is Singularity Point like Ryotaro Nogami. Can you shed some light on this one? I became confused while watching the movie yesterday.
Sure. When I translated Den-O in 2007, I didn't really understand how tokuiten fit into the logic of the series, so I just used the first term that was associated with it, which was Singularity:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%89%B9 ... 0%E7%82%B9

Somewhere along translating the series though, I realized that singularity didn't really seem to be a term that fit the context of how they were using it in the show. In the show, a tokuiten is just a fixed point in the time line, that isn't changed whenever the timeline was. At some point, I stopped using singularity and started using the phrase singular point, I think?

Anyway, I think Fixed Point conveys that meaning better. If I redid Den-O now, I'd probably change all the terms for tokuiten to Fixed Point instead.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

Thanks for understanding. I know it's always a risk to make a change after the series is done since it's hard to go against something preestablished, but in this case I think the change better conveys what characters like Ryoutarou and Shingo are in terms of their special powers.
Pemburu Fangire
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:29 am
Male: Yes
Quote: "For God to be good, evil is an absolute necessity in this world."

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Pemburu Fangire »

takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Okay, I think I made all the changes. Any other things I need to fix, since there probably won't be a v4 lol.
I think you might want to look into the Be The One lyrics at the last part of the MV, right before Sento & Sougo says "Henshin". Because from what I heard it was "Be The One, Be The Lights" instead of " Be The One, Be The One".
Sonicguy001
01
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 am
Male: Yes
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Sonicguy001 »

Pemburu Fangire wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 am
takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Okay, I think I made all the changes. Any other things I need to fix, since there probably won't be a v4 lol.
I think you might want to look into the Be The One lyrics at the last part of the MV, right before Sento & Sougo says "Henshin". Because from what I heard it was "Be The One, Be The Lights" instead of " Be The One, Be The One".
can confirm this. it also happens in the movie as well
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

d'oh!

I mean, thanks! I actually vaguely remember seeing a staff member tell me that, but I was at work I think
astonwave
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:43 am
Male: Yes

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by astonwave »

Goddamnit, take. How many versions are you going to release? Lmfao.
ChaosKnight
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 9:56 pm
Male: Yes

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by ChaosKnight »

takenoko wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:35 pm
Okay, I think I made all the changes. Any other things I need to fix, since there probably won't be a v4 lol.
Hate to break it to you since there might be.

Gaim's finisher is actually Orange "Sparkling" not "Squash".
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30441
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by takenoko »

I thought Squash was the kick and that Sparkling was his Orange headbutt?

>Goddamnit, take. How many versions are you going to release? Lmfao.

LOL, sorry sorry. I appreciate everyone's patience when we release another version. I know it can be a burden since some people are data capped. I just think it's better to fix a mistake and own it, that way it'll be good in the future.

Still, with so many references to previous series, I'm still surprised we didn't make more mistakes.
Sonicguy001
01
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 5:03 am
Male: Yes
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Re: KR Heisei Generations FOREVER released

Post by Sonicguy001 »

takenoko wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:45 pm
I thought Squash was the kick and that Sparkling was his Orange headbutt?

>Goddamnit, take. How many versions are you going to release? Lmfao.

LOL, sorry sorry. I appreciate everyone's patience when we release another version. I know it can be a burden since some people are data capped. I just think it's better to fix a mistake and own it, that way it'll be good in the future.

Still, with so many references to previous series, I'm still surprised we didn't make more mistakes.
Don’t blame yourself. You and everyone else there are doing the best you can. All I’m doing is waiting for a V2/3 of the 720p release
Last edited by Sonicguy001 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”