KR Zi-O 38 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:58 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Re: KR Zi-O 38 released

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Layton13 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:34 am
Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Kagami as Kabuto literally nullifies all of his character development in growing to become Gatack, the whole point to him being Gatack was that he was different from Tendou but could still achieve the same kind of greatness through his own methods and principles. But nope, Kagami apparently never outgrew the complex of the Kabuto Zecter rejecting him the first time wayyy back at the very start of his series and resolving that ego damage was worth tossing away all his other growth :/
I personally disagree. It doesn't really throw away his character development through the series, it pretty much just bookends it. The series showed him that he didn't need to be Kabuto to be a hero and that him being him was all he needed to do. This feels more like the Kabuto Zekter acknowledging his growth as a person and hero and accepting him as someone worthy of wielding him when the times call for it. It's not that he needs to be Kabuto, but that in the eyes of the Zekter he is just as worthy a hero as Tendo is.
Pretty much what I thought. I really loved this arc, since Kabuto is my all-time favorite Rider series and I thought the writers were more than faithful to the OG series. My only complaint is that we didn't get Tendou back, but seeing as how Toei pretty much blacklisted his actor that's kind of not possible, so I can accept what we have. Really, I kinda felt like Kabuto was as much Kagami's story as Tendou's anyway.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

As someone who watched all of kabuto a week or two before watching this 2 parter, i really enjoyed this. Maybe it's just because the kiva tribute was so awful in the second half... but actually seeing the vast majority of the main kabuto cast back, as their actual characters and using their actual henshins from the show instead of being amnesiacs for no reason or a 5 second cameo as an unnamed character after the credits was pretty enjoyable. There was so much nostalgia boner happening here, but i really enjoyed the AMAZING panning shot of 6 henshins, ending on Kagami cause he's the god damn star. Yeah, due to availability* Kagami had to henshin into kabuto to give sougo the ride watch, yeah the build to it was stupid and unecessary and yeah it kinda sullies his arc in kabuto a little. but i still hella enjoyed it, kagami was easily my favourite in kabuto and seeing him be multiple layers of badass was pretty nice. All the stuff with Geiz and go-onwasp was great too, especially the bit catastrophe pointed out.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:39 pm I did enjoy Geiz this episode. He realised Yagurama was full of shit and decided to kill Kageyama himself. Kagami Kabuto saving Geiz with a rider kick to that music was pretty neat.
Honestly, i'm hopeful this means we're gonna get back to that smooth sailing we had for a while up until the hibiki arc. We have Den-O next, which is clearly toei's favourite so there's no way that will be allowed to be a bad two parter. kinda nervous that they're gonna have Sougo pick up the drive watch as an aside during the Den-O episodes though.
The whole issue with availability is Toei's own damn fault for writing themselves into a corner. Other than Nigou & Riderman (and those are entirely cause Showa), whenever there's a big team up of "all" the riders... they only really showcase the main rider from each show. If they hadn't being doing that constantly for years, it wouldn't be an issue for Gatack to hand Sougo the kabuto ridewatch without ever transforming into kabuto. or even in fact have the Gatack ride watch be what he needs for his final form instead. as long as you have the power from A rider from that show it works. like in Gokaiger with the greater powers. Everyone would be focusing on being excited that Kagami & the hoppers were back instead of disappointed in the fact that Tendou wasn't.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Ridebeat
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Video Game
Quote: The law of victory has been set
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Ridebeat »

Hello, just want to tell you something. When Zi-O and Woz are in the asteroid, Woz only said "My turn". But i think the meaning should be "My duty begins here". That should fit perfectly. Just my opinion. Could you please fix this errors. It still disturb me. Thank you :D
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Hiro Mizushima is retired from acting right? Thats why they can't get him to appear or what? Either way, I'm fine with Kagami showing his worth to wield the Kabuto zecter. I understand people will have problems with that decision because it feels like a copout/excuse so Sougo can get the Kabuto Watch. But it kinda makes sense to me as this felt like a character growth for the character to show that he truly deserves to use the Kabuto zekter. I just dont understand how transforming into Kabuto makes a difference since he would still be fighting the same way lol. But yeah, I enjoyed these two episodes as they made proper use of the original actors compared to what we just witnessed in the Kiva episodes.
Ridebeat
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Video Game
Quote: The law of victory has been set
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Ridebeat »

Ridebeat wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:49 pm Hello, just want to tell you something. When Zi-O and Woz are in the asteroid, Woz only said "My turn". But i think the meaning should be "My duty begins here". That should fit perfectly. Just my opinion but could you please fix this errors. It still disturb me. Thank you :D
Hello,anyone, did you fix the errors that I mentioned before??? Please fix Woz's word meaning when he and Zi-O are in the asteroid. The meaning is wrong. It's not "My turn", it's "My duty begins here". That is the perfect meaning and it fits perfectly for the situation. Please fix it. I'm begging you :cry:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ridebeat wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:06 am
Ridebeat wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:49 pm Hello, just want to tell you something. When Zi-O and Woz are in the asteroid, Woz only said "My turn". But i think the meaning should be "My duty begins here". That should fit perfectly. Just my opinion but could you please fix this errors. It still disturb me. Thank you :D
Hello,anyone, did you fix the errors that I mentioned before??? Please fix Woz's word meaning when he and Zi-O are in the asteroid. The meaning is wrong. It's not "My turn", it's "My duty begins here". That is the perfect meaning and it fits perfectly for the situation. Please fix it. I'm begging you :cry:
That's a needlessly literal interpretation of the line, why do you think it should be changed?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Stardrago 2.0?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Ridebeat wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:06 am
Me myself say it is fine as it is. Its not like the meaning changes much anyway. In this case, after Zi-O brings Woz to the asteroid. It is Woz turn to act. I don't really think that is a bit of a problem here. It is too trivial.

I know how you feel man but if translation error wise, it might be better if you know well the translation is totally illogical with the context or in chronological wise, you know what happened what exactly happened. Sometimes it plays on puns. As far as I did suggest once. It was in Lupin VS Pat Episode 47, you can see it on this link

Lupin VS Pat 47
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I guess nobody on the writing team remembered that Gatack’s specs are higher than Kabuto, and the only reason Kabuto performs as well as he does is because of the guy in the suit.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”