KR Zi-O 40 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 40 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.27 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Blade or Zi-O, which is the better gold king?

It was alright. I still wish Yuuto and Deneb did more.

Momotaros had some great lines throughout though. What an amazing way to start the episode. Momotaros just straight ups strangles gold Zi-O in the crib by taking away his Den-O watch.

Didn't feel very invested in Another Den-O's story. It seemed kind of shallow and derivative of Socrates in Love.

Grand Zi-O is kinda cool, but it feels like a waste to introduce it with Another Den-O. Like what was Another Den-O's powers again?

No explanation for the Drive watch thing...

Edit:
Why does Yuuto ask Sougo if he's really Tokiwa Sougo? I mean, it's not like there's another boy the same age who was mixed up in the same accident...

I feel like it says something when the official page for the Toei Zi-O episode 40 page doesn't have any pics of Grand Zi-O on it...
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 40 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

First... Hey. Hey golfgom look at me...

I want to talk about the new Ride Watch. I don't like the standby loop or the long jingle. The standby should've been using the Egyptian/Arabian BGM of the show in some form & the jingle should be something Woz would've hyped, like "Rejoice! The King who inherited the legacy of the Heisei Riders!".

To each their own. Feel free to purchase the DX Grand Ride Watch.

Criticisms...

1- I don't like Grand Zi-O's BGM. Seems Rocky-ish.
2- B-plot is lackluster. I'd rather watch One Litre of Tears.

The Taros are the best, though I hope to Zod Momotaros did not diss my favorite standby loop. Yuuto's always awesome. I hope Junichirou is safe.

Not the best final form debut episode. No homo, but Schwartz should've been around with a smirk on his face that his plan's coming to fruition.

Riders...
Spoiler
Hiryu's returning next episode!!

See. This is why I don't like that P-Bandai included the Another Zi-O Watch in the Another Watch set Vol. 3. A black DX Jikuu Driver & the Another Zi-O watch with Yu Sakuma's lines as Hiryu would've been ideal!!

$5 says SCHWARTZ planned to make this alternate timeline happen.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:02 amNo explanation for the Drive watch thing...
It's the version Geiz stole from Oma Zi-O in the future. They still need to get it in the future. Given Go and Krim are in the summer movie, it's likely that they'll get it then.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
snowking666
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Geat
Dreamy: Izu
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru
Favorite Band: official 髭男dism
Quote: "If you have the motivation, I don't think anything in this world is imposibble. First, you have to start moving. If you move, something will start."
Type: INFP Healer

Post by snowking666 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:02 am
Why does Yuuto ask Sougo if he's really Tokiwa Sougo?
I think it is more on the fact that Sougo is such a nice kid once he know him better. That make him question if our sougo really is the Tokiwa Sougo that will be Oma or there is someone else with the same name. That is my take on it. Still believe Sougo=Oma since ooo arc and their 1st meeting sold it for me even if there are other that still think Sougo and Oma is 2 separate characters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, I feel suspicious that this is laying tracks for a twist~
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 pm I dunno, I feel suspicious that this is laying tracks for a twist~
I mean, since episode 1 there have only ever been 2 realistic possibilities, that either Sougo becomes evil to prevent a greater evil, or that he's not actually Oma Zi-O. This (And a certain thing in the preview) definitely make me think that it's someone else.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 am
takenoko wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:02 amNo explanation for the Drive watch thing...
It's the version Geiz stole from Oma Zi-O in the future. They still need to get it in the future. Given Go and Krim are in the summer movie, it's likely that they'll get it then.
i was wondering if we would see shinosuke, go, or kiriko since another drive hasn't shown up yet plus that Grand Zi-O music when listing the rider names kinda has an ex-aid vibe to it like your listening to the song of him transforming into hyper muteki... right?
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

sougo probably hate another den-o, using all heisei finishers at same time its just overkill, its a miracle that guy stay alive and walking

plus he was only hit by final atks since sougo henshin....

this explains demon king thing i guess

im still not buying oma zio be sougo, theres no explanation to "you still cant beat me", how one gonna say this to his younger self?
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

PDA wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:14 pm sougo probably hate another den-o, using all heisei finishers at same time its just overkill, its a miracle that guy stay alive and walking

plus he was only hit by final atks since sougo henshin....

this explains demon king thing i guess

im still not buying oma zio be sougo, theres no explanation to "you still cant beat me", how one gonna say this to his younger self?
probably due to sougo just getting the power vs. the experience of Oma Zi-O and another den-o only got hit by 4 riders... OOO, Gaim, Kuuga, and Build
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Grand Zi-O is the culmination of 20 years of Heisei riders. His henshin sure as hell better be over the top. That being said, it's the first appearance of the ultimate form. Subsequent Henshins should be shorter.

This honestly felt like a Den-O episode so I don't really have any faults with it. Well just one. It's an early Den-O episode. Which means that it's going to pale in comparison to any Rider season during their final acts. It's hard to really care about this story when you have Oma Zi-o and all of his secrets waiting to be revealed. Speaking of, we're finally getting into that it looks like. The entire season has been riding on one major question. "What's the deal with Oma Zi-O." And yet...with Yuuto's simple question of "Are you really Tokiwa Sougo?" I feel the answer is going to be rather disappointing.

This episode was fun and Grand Zi-O was amazing, but this was Episode 40. We should be heavily invested in the endgame by now.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the idea that in episode 3 of OOOs, Eiji wasn't able to kill the Yummy because Zi-O pulls him forward in time to attack Another Den-O twice.

Like every time that a rider kick fails to kill the monster its because in that exact moment Zi-O summons them.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:56 pm Grand Zi-O is the culmination of 20 years of Heisei riders. His henshin sure as hell better be over the top. That being said, it's the first appearance of the ultimate form. Subsequent Henshins should be shorter.

This honestly felt like a Den-O episode so I don't really have any faults with it. Well just one. It's an early Den-O episode. Which means that it's going to pale in comparison to any Rider season during their final acts. It's hard to really care about this story when you have Oma Zi-o and all of his secrets waiting to be revealed. Speaking of, we're finally getting into that it looks like. The entire season has been riding on one major question. "What's the deal with Oma Zi-O." And yet...with Yuuto's simple question of "Are you really Tokiwa Sougo?" I feel the answer is going to be rather disappointing.

This episode was fun and Grand Zi-O was amazing, but this was Episode 40. We should be heavily invested in the endgame by now.
Considering we are going to get round 2 with Oma and more next episode. I think we are definitely in the Endgame. Getting Grand Zi-O probably triggered it.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I really hope they are not going to set up that Oma Zi-O is not really Sougo, it would be so lame and take away majorly from all the interesting bits the story has.

Anyway, I liked this episode. I actually cared about our Another Rider and his victim-of-the-week story, which hasn't happened very often in this show. It's not a mind-blowing story by any means, but I thought it was done decently and everyone was well-acted. I certainly felt my heart being tugged just a little bit when it was resolved.

As for all the other stuff, it was mostly a blur of spectacle. Like with Momotaros-Woz stealing a scene and then everything to do with Grand Zi-O. We got some more nice bits with Momotaros and Yuuto. I felt like Yuuto coming around to Sougo came a bit out of nowhere. At least Momotaros had time to warm up to Sougo after watching the kid be kind and stuff, so I wished he had just chosen to give the watch to Sougo without any input from Zeronos.

And then we get our final form! I'll admit, even after spoiling it at the beginning of the previous episode, I thought they still gave it an appropriately grandiose and flashy 'debut'. Unlike when he got Zi-O II, there's not really any moment where we get to consider how far Sougo has come as a character (not that I think that Ryuga-arc did a great job of that though...), but I am fine just seeing this as the culmination and celebration of almost twenty years of merchandise, suits, and special effects.

The form is utterly ridiculous-looking, but I think it's fitting for this series for. Now the question is whether it's a more or less ridiculous design than Decade Complete. Gosh, imagine seeing them side-by-side.

We might just be finished with tributes and moving on purely with the main Zi-O plot. It has been veeeery rocky, but my favourite episodes have come from when they actually focused on it, so I have my hopes cautiously raised for now!
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Kuchiri wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm Considering we are going to get round 2 with Oma and more next episode. I think we are definitely in the Endgame. Getting Grand Zi-O probably triggered it.
theres no doubt we're in the endgame already, but its how they build it up that doesnt lead to the feeling that we're in the endgame
does that even make sense? XD haha
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Cross wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 pm
Kuchiri wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:22 pm Considering we are going to get round 2 with Oma and more next episode. I think we are definitely in the Endgame. Getting Grand Zi-O probably triggered it.
theres no doubt we're in the endgame already, but its how they build it up that doesnt lead to the feeling that we're in the endgame
does that even make sense? XD haha
Yes. I had to agree too. Honestly it is almost identical to Decade. After gathering the whole powers from Kuuga to Kiva, I don't know what is the purpose anyway.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”