KR Zi-O 44 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:09 am

☆☆☆☆☆
8%
☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
13%

Total votes: 24
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Zi-O 44 released

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

My guess is that Ridebeat is 13 and just being allowed on the internet for the first time because of a sheltered upbringing.

anyway, neat episode. kinda love that Tsukuyomi's real name is a brand of Swiss watches. aka watches so good that practically last forever, arguably paralleling being a "ruler of time" in that abstract way Japan likes to do.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Oh yeah... Apt that Another Decade's eyes is green.

Schwartz is a green-eyed monster long before he got his Another Watch.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Ridebeat
Adventure
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Video Game
Quote: The law of victory has been set
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Ridebeat »

Conan_Edogawa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:16 am My guess is that Ridebeat is 13 and just being allowed on the internet for the first time because of a sheltered upbringing.

anyway, neat episode. kinda love that Tsukuyomi's real name is a brand of Swiss watches. aka watches so good that practically last forever, arguably paralleling being a "ruler of time" in that abstract way Japan likes to do.
What the..... How did you know I was a "sheltered upbringing" person. And FYI, I'm 17. My problem is I can only "use" the internet once in a month. Sorry, need to focus for my final year in school.

I'm just a person who only looks on perfect matter. I'm know I'm not that perfect. But what's wrong with my opinion.

If I'm just a bother for you guys, I'm really,really sorry
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Conan_Edogawa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:16 am anyway, neat episode. kinda love that Tsukuyomi's real name is a brand of Swiss watches. aka watches so good that practically last forever, arguably paralleling being a "ruler of time" in that abstract way Japan likes to do.
/me slaps his forehead

I totally missed that
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Aqua turning up was a bit of a surprise. You can tell they've shown his character has been influence by Eiji.

The fact that Another Decade summoned evil movie riders was strange considering it was Decade Completes thing. He should have summoned another riders like others have said.
darkaura
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by darkaura »

But I think the video have some skipped part at the beginning. You know, the part where the runners start running.... === Ridebeat
It is true that there is like 1 or 2 seconds missing, but you aren't missing anything it's just running. The think is Sometime when I get the online streams it doesn't automatically go to 1080p, it will do 720p for that first second. And if it was important I would try and record it again.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I actually liked this episode. I wondered how Aqua could show up if Oma Zi-O rose to power in 2019. Sometimes the explanation is just that simple. So there's three, possibly four timelines in play. The Oma Zi-o timeline, the current timeline, the ORIGINAL timeline where Swartz didn't fuck up things, and possibly whatever timeline he and Tsukuyomi come from.

One thing I wondered about was how did Aqua travel to a different timeline when Geiz couldn't back when Shinobi showed up. It's possible that it's a plot hole, but they did mention that he showed up in a prototype Time Mazine. I'm guessing that normal Mazines have the "alternate timeline" feature locked out or something.

I will admit, I didn't see Sougo becoming Oma Zi-O BECAUSE of Geiz and Tsukuyomi's presence. I'm kinda curious how things were supposed to play out.

I.....really don't care about the Timejackers aside from Swartz. Heure has some development but Ora is flat as hell.

Zi-O has been a lackluster series, but I have a feeling it'll have a satisfying end. Hopefully.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:13 am Aqua turning up was a bit of a surprise. You can tell they've shown his character has been influence by Eiji.

The fact that Another Decade summoned evil movie riders was strange considering it was Decade Completes thing. He should have summoned another riders like others have said.
i really hope that underwear inst an eiji one...

imo another decade summoning riders is strange due summon riders be a diend thing, but summoning "obscure movie enemy riders" at least is a new thing/gimmick.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am I will admit, I didn't see Sougo becoming Oma Zi-O BECAUSE of Geiz and Tsukuyomi's presence. I'm kinda curious how things were supposed to play out.
I've been thinking about it more, and it sort of makes sense. Remember how shocked Aqua is to see Grand Zi-O? They've been spending all this time taking Ride Watches from people and changing the Heisei Riders' pasts. The fact that Grand Zi-O looks closer to Oma Zi-O than anything else probably should have been a clue that they were going in the wrong direction.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:39 pm We ripped it off Toei's streaming site. You'll notice there's no sponsor screens this episode.
Why don't you always do that? The video quality's way better. None of the random shit TV Asashi insists on filling the screen with. The only thing of value that's lost is the movie footage in the opening.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 am
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:19 am I will admit, I didn't see Sougo becoming Oma Zi-O BECAUSE of Geiz and Tsukuyomi's presence. I'm kinda curious how things were supposed to play out.
I've been thinking about it more, and it sort of makes sense. Remember how shocked Aqua is to see Grand Zi-O? They've been spending all this time taking Ride Watches from people and changing the Heisei Riders' pasts. The fact that Grand Zi-O looks closer to Oma Zi-O than anything else probably should have been a clue that they were going in the wrong direction.
Another clue is the fact that Geiz and Tsukuyomi are still in existence. Well Geiz anyway. Shiro Woz disappeared once it was apparent that his Oma Day wouldn't come to pass. Hell, Oma Zi-O himself disappeared when Sougo destroyed his belt. All this time I thought that they didn't care but it makes perfect sense once you think about it.

Though currently, isn't it a paradox? They traveled back in time to prevent Oma Zi-O from existing yet their own presence is guaranteeing that he exists. How did he come into being in the first place? What was the original time line like? That's something that I hope they answer. Or at least acknowledge.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:58 pm
takenoko wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 am

Another clue is the fact that Geiz and Tsukuyomi are still in existence. Well Geiz anyway. Shiro Woz disappeared once it was apparent that his Oma Day wouldn't come to pass. Hell, Oma Zi-O himself disappeared when Sougo destroyed his belt. All this time I thought that they didn't care but it makes perfect sense once you think about it.

Though currently, isn't it a paradox? They traveled back in time to prevent Oma Zi-O from existing yet their own presence is guaranteeing that he exists. How did he come into being in the first place? What was the original time line like? That's something that I hope they answer. Or at least acknowledge.
well, Schwarz sent Tsukuyomi to an alternate timeline, right? if we go with Avenger's Endgame's explanation that you can't actually alter the past because the past you're interfering with is technically your future, what if the Oma Zi-O timeline sprung into existence when Tsukuyomi was sent there and sustains itself on the loop that BECAUSE it exists, Tsukuyomi would go back in time to prevent it, but end up causing it instead? good old fashioned "bootstrap paradox" stable timeline bs and all that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh no, we've entered the trap of trying to explain time travel! Ahhhhh~
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Every franchise that feature time travel have their own version of time travel. You can't combine rules from multiple franchises to explain one franchise's time travel.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:21 pm Why don't you always do that? The video quality's way better. None of the random shit TV Asashi insists on filling the screen with. The only thing of value that's lost is the movie footage in the opening.
Lemme talk it over with the staff and see what they think. I still need captions for zi-o 44 though.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”