KR Zi-O 45 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:52 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆
43%
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 45 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 3.55 / 5 (22 votes)

Alt Title: We've got one month left, throw in the rest of the cameos

Sougo "Don't you think Heure changed?"
/me thinks
Nope

How does Heure's power work? He has his hand posed to stop Another Ora, but doesn't stop her from transforming. He fails to stop time before doing another Heaviness attack. Then he doesn't try to stop time when Ora's in danger. Maybe he or the writer just forgot.

Remember when Geiz Revival shortening Geiz's life was a thing? I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Oh nooo not beloved character Heure. I guess that's one nice thing about not having a character arc, no love loss when unceremoniously executed for no reason. I guess it gives Ora the vicious/ruthless trait. Now if only there were one more example where she does something ruthless that could be used to establish a character pattern. Hmmmmm...

I'm always up for Decade doing cool shit that you don't expect.

I'm a bit excited about White Woz coming back, but also not? A bit disappointed it wasn't a bigger villain.

The Another World concept is awesome and would make for a cool explanation for where the Another Riders came from. Buuuuut, it feels like Schwartz only just now got the power from Decade. So I guess we're never going to get an explanation for how Schwartz got all those Another Rider watches.

As much as I like Eternal's character, it was kind of hard to get excited about anything going on in this episode. Which feels weird to say in an episode where we lose both Heure and maybe Geiz for the time being.

Edit: Just thought of this:
You can't form 20 years without Decade and Another Decade.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 45 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

After being saved by Woz, Geiz takes it out on Sougo and Heure, but the latter is afraid of Ora… Wait, which one is which?
Spoiler
But then, it wouldn’t really matter, now would it?? To quote Ron Swanson: both of them bitches.
Of course, Tsukuyomi must regain her powers and Aqua, despite his mission hitting complications, agrees to her proposition to do so.

Of course, Tsukasa. Of course, you'd rebound, look like a badass after having a part of your skillset taken away.

Ah. Schwartz is conducting the equivalent exchange trope by transporting the missing persons who failed in what they wanted to achieve into the Another World, where they can succeed. Schwartz can then replace the missing persons with any Rider. May it be Eternal and/or someone who was retconned out of existence.

I'm glad Mitsuru Matsuoka returned. I am glad that both he and Minase Yashiro came back to Kamen Rider despite Minase not playing Reika.

Thank you for your eh to OK performance, Rihito Itagaki. Hope to see you in another J-Drama.

Good episode. Be careful.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:52 pmRemember when Geiz Revival shortening Geiz's life was a thing? I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
According to production staff or maybe Shirakura, the drawback can be mitigated with arduous fitness/exercising a lot. I don't like this explanation.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:29 pm
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:52 pmRemember when Geiz Revival shortening Geiz's life was a thing? I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
According to production staff or maybe Shirakura, the drawback can be mitigated with arduous fitness/exercising a lot. I don't like this explanation.
Ha. Props for it being a ballsy answer
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Who wants to play Tekken 7 after watching this episode?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This show is fun because I never quite know what it's going to do next. And the reason I never know is because this show isn't really well-written. All these big, ridiculous concepts are being thrown into a blender without a care in the world, and instead of expecting anything narratively coherent, I'm just along for the ride.

Who in the world ever thought we would see Kamen Rider Aqua and Kamen Rider Eternal, with their actual actors no less, fighting on screen? I wish this show threw logic out the window a long time ago if it meant we'd get more scenes like this. Speaking of all these movie riders, the explanation they give as to why Another Decade is able to summon them seems... bizarrely elaborate. Like I don't understand why there needs to be such a complicated process when last week I had simply just accepted that Schwartz can just summon these guys, end of story. Then again, it does kinda make the episode feel more and more like a Decade tribute.

That said, I never in a million years would have expected to see White Woz come back. While the moment itself when he pops out left me shocked in a good way, thinking on it now has left me with mixed feelings. I still think he was a major character that was cut out from the show just as intrigue surrounding him was at it's highest... but I don't expect the show to do anything with that potential at this point. He's probably just here because it's surprising and Woz vs Woz will look cool, which I guess is true but eh, we'll see.

Our other unexpected technically-a-returning-movie-rider would be the Paradox Roidmude. To be honest, I had forgotten who he was and didn't realise until the end where we see his roidmude form and his 108 cores, but it was a pretty cool reveal in hindsight. Would have been cooler still if he turned into Dark Drive too, though I guess that only had the one suit which got turned into Hatari. Speaking of that fight, seeing Tridoron come in and smash Another Tridoron to pieces before Zi-O and Drive simultaneously do a Full Throttle finisher on Another Drive was amazing.

Also oh no Heure is dead. Okay, I'm not going to get upset at the show trying to wring drama out of a character they've never bothered to develop... because it feels like the show is aware of how disposable he was, since we really don't linger on his demise at all. It does paint Ora in a particularly ruthless light (How did she do that without her powers? No, wait, I don't care.) So maybe there's still a chance to learn what her deal is before this all ends. Also, yes I haven't forgotten that she killed Another Kiva but I'd rather not use that arc as a basis for anybody's character.

What I want most before this show to end is for Decade's old battle soundtrack to make one more return. You teased me with his speech music, now you gotta commit.
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ora can make an energy blade with her hand? When has that ever been established?

Eternal vs Aqua is the dream match that nobody wanted and it turned out exactly as anyone would have thought. Couldn't even beat him in underwater.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>This show is fun because I never quite know what it's going to do next. And the reason I never know is because this show isn't really well-written.

I'll be honest, I never thought about it that way.

>Like I don't understand why there needs to be such a complicated process when last week I had simply just accepted that Schwartz can just summon these guys, end of story. Then again, it does kinda make the episode feel more and more like a Decade tribute.

Hmmm, I guess the thinking is they want to limit how many cameos to bring in. But they could just be suits, so I guess that doesn't hold up.

>What I want most before this show to end is for Decade's old battle soundtrack to make one more return. You teased me with his speech music, now you gotta commit.

This please!

>Ora can make an energy blade with her hand? When has that ever been established?

Quiet, or Mr. Toei will kick you!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I remember when they originally posted that release image, Ichika said something like "2 Zi-O actresses back together", and a lot of people were confused/excited, not realising she was in Zi-O back in December.

You know, if Ora ends up being the final boss, I'll be very happy. I've seen speculation for Shiro Woz though.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I wonder if the Another World that Schwartz has created for Geiz is a high school dorama where the whole cast goes to the same school and Tuskuyomi ropes Geiz into a weird club that Sougo runs with Woz-sensei as his faculty advisor, and Heure is in the computer hackers club with Schwartz-sensei as his faculty advisor?
Spoiler
In other words, ripping off my fan fic The Melancholy of Sougo Tokiwa whole. - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13233129/1 ... ugo-Tokiwa
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:41 pm
TypicalStandUser wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:29 pmAccording to production staff or maybe Shirakura, the drawback can be mitigated with arduous fitness/exercising a lot. I don't like this explanation.
Ha. Props for it being a ballsy answer
Shirakura's often one for preferring to explain plot holes on Twitter rather than actually including them in the product.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Another episode that I find myself divided on. On one hand, I do like the concept of Another Worlds. Swartz has essentially weaponized parallel dimensions.

On the other hand, that's something that REALLY should have been established earlier on in the series. In fact, it probably should have been a central point of the series. Instead of Another Riders, the villians should have been Dark Riders and Villians that defeated their respective Riders. Then again, that probably also would have made Decade better. And speaking of Decade.....

Ah, Tsukasa. You do so little and yet are so amazingly badass in doing it.

I.....don't really care about Heure. I mean, it would have been different if he had actively been trying to change for the last few arcs or so, but he was the same paranoid jackass up until his death. Remember when Medic killed that one Roidmude that only wanted to live with Shinnosuke's otaku friend? THAT death had more of a punch than this.

So....Shiro Woz. Just....why? I thought they closed his chapter quite nicely. He came to terms with his erasure, made up with Kuro Woz more or less and that was it. Why bring him back?

Still....things are progressing at least, so I can't complain too much.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:18 pmSo....Shiro Woz. Just....why? I thought they closed his chapter quite nicely. He came to terms with his erasure, made up with Kuro Woz more or less and that was it. Why bring him back?
It's possible that this incarnation of Tablet!Woz is from one of those parallel worlds, one where his plan to get Geiz to kill Sougo succeeded.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:23 am Ora can make an energy blade with her hand? When has that ever been established?
In the 2nd episode involving Kikai, she was able to block a shot from Sougo's Gilade gun mode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

This episode gives me a goosebump. Who would have thought that Katsumi (Eternal) will come back after 9 whole years.

Ouhh, before I forgot. The scene where Sougo's being exploded with anger gives a throwback to Kamen Rider Ghost Episode 27 when Takeru beat the Ganma's butt for kiling Alain's father. Good thing is, Sougo mercilessly killed Another Drive a.k.a Paradox Roimude. Never thought that Paradox Roimude (Roimude 108) will be Another Drive. Fun fact: Paradox Roimude's voice actor was the guy who voices Oma Zi-O in this series. R.I.P Heure. At least you've tried to changed

About the Aqua VS Eternal thing....Meh, he could beat Poseidon in the previous movie with OOO but cannot beat the half-assed Eternal alone ??? Yeah, he needs more training than I am. When the two fight in the ocean the conversation I heard was

Aqua: I'm from the future. You're just a ghost of the past.

and I think what Eternal actually said was...

Eternal: In the end, the future will be the past.

Those line have some impact for me and It sounds really cool. Anyway, that was the thing Eternal actually said to Aqua. I know it because I used to learn Japanese in my class. Correct me of I'm wrong. I'm not the kind of person who will offended by other people's critics

Next episode. It's Woz VS Woz showdown
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh you're Ridebeat aren't you? Look, you're totally right about that line being wrong, but I didn't give you a ban for correcting us. It's because you kept making a bunch of posts that came off as trolly and harassing. You made seven posts alone in last week's thread.

I don't know if you just hate our group for no reason or if you're from a rival fansubbing group or if I said something to offended you, or maybe you're genuinely pointing out mistakes and don't know how to convey that in a better way. It's the internet, whose to say?

I'll give you another chance, but this account is getting banned the moment I feel like you're not posting in good faith.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:12 pm
I don't know if you just hate our group for no reason or if you're from a rival fansubbing group or if I said something to offended you, or maybe you're genuinely pointing out mistakes and don't know how to convey that in a better way. It's the internet, whose to say ?

Ok, you got me there. I'm Ridebeat

Sorry for the last week posts guys. I know I'm such a jerk and annoying person. But actually, I really, really loves Kamen Riders. I'm nobody. I'm just a normal person who loves Kamen Rider and many other Tokusatsu series. It's just that, I'm born in 2000 and when I first watched Kamen Rider on TV, that Tokusatsu series have changed my life for a better good. I always search every Kamen Rider episodes so I can keep this series alive in my hometown...Malaysia. When I heard about your TV-Nihon Crews subbing my favourite Tokusatsu series, I'm so happy. Your art style in subbing the series was amazing and really interesting. You guys have awesome creative idea how to make the sub have a special effect. From the bottom of my heart, I'm really grateful to you guys and I'm sorry if I'd offended you guys before.

And you were right about me being genuinely pointing out mistakes and don't know how to convey that in a better way. I just don't know how to tell you guys about the mistakes. Will you accept my apology ???

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”