KR Zi-O 48 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
15%

Total votes: 20
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Zi-O 48 released

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Here's my problem with this whole thing. Schwartz's plan is to combine all the rider worlds into one right? What's wrong with that, and also insanely ironic, is that plan would have worked better in Decade proper. All of the Riders since Decade have been in the same world, save for Build. Most of them have even interacted with one another. Hell, Zi-O itself shows that they must be in the same universe as we've seen older versions of past riders. So this is like one great big plot hole.

Tsukoyomi.....I love the suit, but the penultimate episode is a little late to introduce a new rider. Also, she had more of a personality in the .5 shorts than she does in the series proper. It's almost the last episode and we STILL don't know much about her other than "She's part of a royal family of Brand X Time Lords." Also, where did Sougo get a blank RideWatch? And you mean she had that watch for the entire series???

It seems like they're going to gloss over how Sougo originally became Oma Zi-O. The big mystery of how someone like Sougo could become Oma Zi-O is going to be glossed over as "It happened in another timeline."

Speaking of Oma Zi-O. "I have no recollection of you traveling to this era a second time." Second? Isn't this the third time Sougo ended up in 2068? I suppose it should be taken at face value as it's the second time Sougo traveled there under his own power.....but somehow I feel they don't mean that.

The implication is that Sougo's timeline has already diverged from the Oma Zi-O timeline...but then. How should Tsukoyomi still have the ridewatch Sougo gave her? Aren't they completely separate timelines at this point? Also Time Mazine's can't cross into different timelines...this was made painfully apparent earlier in the series.

This episode had a lot of moments that would have been amazing if there was competent writing instead of "This would be cool, wouldn't it?!" I almost wish it were like Decade. A bunch of cool moments with barely any story between them. But there is a story and it REALLY feels that they didn't care much about it.

At this point I just want to see the finale so we can move on to Zero One.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:35 am Something i am surprised no one has picked up on is that they forshadowed our female rider back in episode one, and have repeatedly done so every episode. The intro, all three mains (minus Woz) have had the world spin effect that we only see during a henshin :)
In all seriousness, I sincerely doubt Toei was planning that far ahead. A new rider a week before the show ends does not seem like the kind of thing that was planned for almost a year in advance. To Toei's credit, these shows (generally) don't move by the seat of their pants, but with the exception of possibly Gaim, they also don't come off as being fully planned out before the first episode is even shot.
takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:47 am Let's just hope she doesn't get knocked out of the transformation immediately in the next episode, given Toei's past record with female Riders.
I have my fingers crossed that since Toei just paid a bunch of money to have a new suit made, that they'll make sure it gets some use...
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm It seems like they're going to gloss over how Sougo originally became Oma Zi-O. The big mystery of how someone like Sougo could become Oma Zi-O is going to be glossed over as "It happened in another timeline."
The same thought crossed my mind earlier today. We still don't know how he originally became evil Oma, and I'm not hopeful that we're going to get to find out. This show has not been doing a good job of tying up loose plot threads.
Speaking of Oma Zi-O. "I have no recollection of you traveling to this era a second time." Second? Isn't this the third time Sougo ended up in 2068? I suppose it should be taken at face value as it's the second time Sougo traveled there under his own power.....but somehow I feel they don't mean that.
Nothing about that statement makes a whole lot of sense. From the prospective of 2068, it's the first time Sougo has shown up. From the prospective of 2018, it's his third trip. So no matter how you count it, it cannot be his second trip.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I thought this was the second time he arrived in 2068. He came one time, got beaten, and this is the second time. Is there a third that I missed?

I guess the idea is that without friends, Sougo saw his only option to become Oma Zi-O to prevent the nameless disaster that forced his hand... but as someone pointed out, there wasn't really a need for the Oma Day stuff. Also, this kind of directly contradicts what Miharu was saying about Geiz and Tsukuyomi causing Sougo to become Oma Zi-O, since it's his friendships that are apparently preventing that.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:15 pm I thought this was the second time he arrived in 2068. He came one time, got beaten, and this is the second time. Is there a third that I missed?
Episode 15, Sougo meeting Oma:

Episode 41, Sougo vs Oma:

Episode 48, Sougo vs Oma round 2:
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

And actually, he fought Oma the first time as well, using his Decade upgrade power. He got his ass beat, since of course he hadn't yet attained the powers of all of the Riders.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm Here's my problem with this whole thing. Schwartz's plan is to combine all the rider worlds into one right? What's wrong with that, and also insanely ironic, is that plan would have worked better in Decade proper. All of the Riders since Decade have been in the same world, save for Build. Most of them have even interacted with one another. Hell, Zi-O itself shows that they must be in the same universe as we've seen older versions of past riders. So this is like one great big plot hole.
Actually, I think they are using this. Decade ended with one combined world, that was also around the time Sougo got his time powers that draws in Rider Worlds. That means that this power wasn't gone after the worlds merged, so Sougo drew in more Rider worlds. So one can assume that all Neo Heisei Riders all came from different worlds, but these worlds were drawn into the main world at one point with theses series taking place there. While a retcon it does not create any major plotholes and geels well with how Rider worked pre-Decade.
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

a better homage to sailor moon on here than on ryusoulger, guess both series are that bad in general, anything competent shall stand out :/
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Eternal_Winterbane wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:35 am Something i am surprised no one has picked up on is that they forshadowed our female rider back in episode one, and have repeatedly done so every episode. The intro, all three mains (minus Woz) have had the world spin effect that we only see during a henshin :)
We've always known she was coming at some point, "Tsukuyomi 2068" was found in the Ziku Driver back in September.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Layton13 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 pm
Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm Here's my problem with this whole thing. Schwartz's plan is to combine all the rider worlds into one right? What's wrong with that, and also insanely ironic, is that plan would have worked better in Decade proper. All of the Riders since Decade have been in the same world, save for Build. Most of them have even interacted with one another. Hell, Zi-O itself shows that they must be in the same universe as we've seen older versions of past riders. So this is like one great big plot hole.
Actually, I think they are using this. Decade ended with one combined world, that was also around the time Sougo got his time powers that draws in Rider Worlds. That means that this power wasn't gone after the worlds merged, so Sougo drew in more Rider worlds. So one can assume that all Neo Heisei Riders all came from different worlds, but these worlds were drawn into the main world at one point with theses series taking place there. While a retcon it does not create any major plotholes and geels well with how Rider worked pre-Decade.
But they didn't start causing trouble until this series. Hell, until this arc. Also, if Sougo is doing this naturally then why did Schwartz need to get involved with Another Decade? Also, while they eased up on it a bit later, the first couple post decade seasons were definitely connected. Now, if that IS their plan then it probably would have worked better if Zi-O wasn't a time based show.

The sad thing is that they did sorta reference something similar to this. In the Kabuto arc, Sougo points out that he had no idea about the Shibuya Meteor. It COULD have been used as a hint to something bigger, but instead it was used as a one off gag.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:27 am
Layton13 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 pm

But they didn't start causing trouble until this series. Hell, until this arc. Also, if Sougo is doing this naturally then why did Schwartz need to get involved with Another Decade? Also, while they eased up on it a bit later, the first couple post decade seasons were definitely connected. Now, if that IS their plan then it probably would have worked better if Zi-O wasn't a time based show.

The sad thing is that they did sorta reference something similar to this. In the Kabuto arc, Sougo points out that he had no idea about the Shibuya Meteor. It COULD have been used as a hint to something bigger, but instead it was used as a one off gag.
Yes, because the Ridewatches were created and the creation of all 19 of them was what finally properly fused the worlds, drawing in the disasters that were pushed out of the world again. And I didn't say he was doing this naturally, I said by Schwartz giving Sougo these powers he draws in worlds as time went along. And if the worlds were drawn in over time the connections still work since no Rider has backstory tied to any other Rider at least in a big way and the creation of the Rider could have been what drew the worlds in the first place, making all crossovers possible while still making each Rider technically their own world, just the stories happening in a patchwork world.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

i cant stop laughing on the part when it repeated the "tsu-ku-yo-mi!"... its like from a TV commercial XD
HUH?!?
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Yeah, its beyond salvaging at this point I think :/

Was a good episode moment to moment, but the whole thing still feels a discombobulated mess. Chase dying feels like it should have been the crux of getting the Drive Watch properly, but instead we get a pass-over to Tsukuyomi getting Rider-fied. Now if they had foreshadowed it properly, it MIGHT have worked as a finale twist, but they didn't, so it just feels shoehorned in and I doubt its going to be much past "save the world" or "save the people if the world is destroyed" and that'll be it for her. And we're down to the last episode in the season and we STILL don't have any reason as to why Sougo would ever become Oma Zi-O, if anything we've gotten nothing but random, equally discombobulated evidence to the contrary for 48 straight episodes.

They never should have tried to make it Decade version 2.0, Decade himself is the best thing in the season as a whole, along with DiEnd, and when a side character doing side-plot things overshadows your new star protagonist ENTIRELY, thats a sure sign of a crap story. To say nothing of how many times they seemed to have ret-conned the series internally as they were making and releasing it, I pray they have an entire new writing and director team for 01 or the Reiwa Era might start out with a resounding fart :/
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Is it a new team? I thought it was a lot of the same people who did Ex-Aid
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I might have started having a nerdgasm when Tsukuyomi had her henshin moment...while mentally giving Schwartz both of my middle fingers (xD). Really looking forward to the finale...too bad I'll be at the beach this week so I'll have to it when I get back next week.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The Tsukuyomi sound was in the driver at release, so why didn't they make her a rider earlier on? She's been a "mysterious" character the whole show, and now she is the key to saving everything? Kind of last minute.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”