RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 03 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki

Ha, one of the monsters is grooming the other

Huh, surprised that Sougo B and Misa both survive. I guess this is a happy ending, despite losing Heure and Tsuakasa...

what is that manga Misa is reading

Seems like a standard Zi-O ending to me. Interesting that Heure dies in this one, while Ora dies in the other one. So all the Timejackers die at one point or another
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: RIDER TIME Zi-O VS Decade: 7 Zi-O! 03 released

Post by The M »

- I knew that the boy was another Sougo. I think that they didn't bring back the young Sougo actor from the TV Series because it would be too obvious (or he just grew up).

- If I designed Decade Complete 21 suit, it would look exactly like Decade Complete suit but with the Neo-Heisei Cards on the chest and head.

- I have the feeling that this isn't the last time we see Tsukasa judging by Woz's words.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

So this is a sequel to Decade VS Zi-O... but it's still not very well explained and I have no idea why the one vote equals Sougo A get to be class president and who tf cares anyway? Episode 1 and 2 were kinda going somewhere but 3 just went off the rails so now I don't really know what's going on or why and ?!?!?!?!

Pretty sure that Kamen Rider Tsukuyomi got more screentime in these specials than in the whole series of Zi-O, which is sad.

Bury your gays
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I don't even know how to respond to this..

like is this cannon? Is Tsukasa really dead? or is it just this time line of Tsukasa? Cool as fuck with narutaki and all but like REAALYYYY????

Is tsukasa really dead? Like whatt... the journey never ends thouggh!!!!

I'm so sad about this if he really dies... I mean ARrrrrghh..

Kinda pissed about them killing of Heure? what the fuck was that about? wass it because he was gay?

This was sadly better than the actual Zi-O show. I really would love more of this.

Ahh Tsukuyomi's best move is what most girls are good at, Distraction, she didn't even have to transform for it.

I like whatever the fuck these were supposed to be. New fresh content is allways nice. felt like this was made more for adults than kids.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

The new Decade Complete Form is another embarrassing form since Rising Ultimate Kuuga. He’s capable of fighting the monsters with kicks, punches, and a lot of finishing moves yet still no match against Oma Zi-O. If the power includes Zero-One, why he still gets his ass beaten in favor to Zi-O Decade Armor Saber???

Is Schwartz a bad guy or a good guy, why he helps fighting the monsters as Another Decade??? In the end, he is still a bad guy after everything returns to normal???
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Considering how much Toei LOVES milking Decade for all he's worth, I doubt this is the last time we'll see him. Only time will tell I guess...no pun intended there xD
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Why is it that anything with anniversary Riders makes SO MUCH LESS SENSE than nornal? Like, I don't know if it's just me being dumb or they intentionally make it a lot more difficult to follow, but wow do I struggle to get my head around some of these events! It's not that I hate what I'm watching, I just wish that I understood it more.

On a side note: For anybody trying to fit both specials into Kamen Rider's overall continuity, I personally would place it quite early in Saber's run, ideally before episode 9 (Crimson Dragon's debut.) That would then at least explain why Zi-O's Decade Saber Armour is based off Brave Dragon instead of a higher-level form like all his other Decade Armours.
WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:25 pm Considering how much Toei LOVES milking Decade for all he's worth, I doubt this is the last time we'll see him. Only time will tell I guess...no pun intended there xD
Tsukusa's actor put something on Twitter a little while back. I didn't read it myself so I can't confirm how accurate this is but somebody on another board claimed he said this would be the last time he planned to play the character. If that's true then I can see why they chose to give him a send-off here.

But hey, plans can always change. He could always show up somewhere again, even if it's only a cameo. And even if the actor doesn't return, you know that it's not the last we'll see of Decade as a suit.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

By the way, is this the first time we hear another action company known as BOS Action Unity? I mostly don't pay attention to these stunt guys stuff, but I saw the company name at the end credits so I bring this subject up.

http://bos-stunts.com/
JustiFanV2 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:59 am Tsukusa's actor put something on Twitter a little while back. I didn't read it myself so I can't confirm how accurate this is but somebody on another board claimed he said this would be the last time he planned to play the character. If that's true then I can see why they chose to give him a send-off here.

But hey, plans can always change. He could always show up somewhere again, even if it's only a cameo. And even if the actor doesn't return, you know that it's not the last we'll see of Decade as a suit.
I think this is what you meant? I just came across this.

https://tokusatsunetwork.com/2021/02/ma ... er-decade/
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Their website says they've been around since 2004, and they've actually done a ton of toku (and PR) stunt work, although I have to admit, I haven't heard of them either.

http://bos-stunts.com/work-records/

One of their guys was Amazon Alpha, but other than that there's not a lot of stunt credits so probably just background guys? Although scrolling down I see that they do the G-Rosso suit stuff as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I see BOS guys sometimes pop up when adding random stunt people to the wiki. Obviously not as big as JAE though.

https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Category:Stunt_Actor

Anyway, I'd be pretty sad if Tsukasa never appeared again as Decade. He's one of the best things to come out of the franchise. The awesomeness just defies storytelling
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

I was already dubious with the ending of House of Death, but they really did Decade dirty here T__T An unexplained power-up that barely does anything against mobs let alone the final boss? And with THAT as a final form design to boot? Look at how they massacred my boy...

This did feel like a Zi-O story, mostly in that it makes no dang sense whatsoever. None of the small details amount to anything, zero explanation to the larger details as usual. If this really is the last use of Decade in the franchise, boy did they whiff it. I'd have even been happy if the ending to the Zi-O season had been the last time they used him, at least that had fitting gravitas to his character. For this one he was just a glorified delivery boy for the protag's deus ex machina power-up, hardly a fitting end :(
bluegreen
Infinity

Post by bluegreen »

I got 2 things out of this mini-series:

1) Okuno So is a better actor than I had previously given him credit for to handle several different versions of the same character.
2) Both Decade and Zi-O are much less interesting when they don't use any of their cards/watches.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Swartz is more entertaining in this than in the whole main show.

Why did Ora have her powers back? She lost them ages ago. And why would she voluntarily sign back up with Swartz, the guy who betrayed her? Oh, I forgot, this is Zi-O. Basic logic and continuity are irrelevant here.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I have so many questions that I don't even know where to begin and I doubt any of us have the answers...

So to recap, if I'm understanding the premise correctly, Oma Zi-O was weakened from using his powers to (re)create a whole bunch of dimensions and got stuck in the space between worlds as a result. This space was also accessible via mirror for some reason (this I suppose is a relatively minor issue). His plan to restore his powers and escape was to absorb the Sougo that was destined to become him in the future. So he also had Narutaki run a King's game over and over to find that Sougo but it also involved other people because it's possible there exists a suitable substitute that he could absorb instead? How and why Narutaki came to be in service of Oma Zi-O is also unexplained (this we'll just ignore because everything about Narutaki is unexplained).

Upon learning this, Decade and friends jump into the mirror space between worlds and try to defeat the weakened Oma Zi-O but still get soundly crushed which somehow results in all the worlds merging in that space where there's now Sougo A-E running around and Oma Zi-O reverting to a child from the exertion. Then we see the events unfold in these episodes where Sougo A manages to somehow stand up to Oma Zi-O by using the Decade and Saber ride watches (Oma Zi-O who moments earlier had basically one shot Decade's new form by the way). Then apparently Oma Zi-O decides to give up because Tsukuyomi asks him to stop and he has fond memories of the time she took care of him. Then this world returns to normal revealing Sougo A's world. Except Sougo B also exists here, the time Jackers leave, and Woz wonders about the next appearance of Oma Zi-O and Decade (given Toei's track record this is inevitable). Thus, we're left with plenty of dangling plot threads.

In order to make sense of all of this, I posit that the Oma Zi-O we see in these specials is actually the Sougo that we followed during the season and not the original Oma Zi-O from the future where Geiz and Tsukuyomi came from. After all, in the show timeline everyone is dead at the end, Sougo accessed the Oma Zi-O driver, and recreated all the worlds.

Reading through all of this, I can only hope that future writes decide to stay away from time travel.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ha. I feel like you gave this more thought than the writer...

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”