Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ratings Poll: Kami no Kiba -JINGA-

Post by takenoko »

What did you guys think of Jinga's standalone series? Did it work without Garo? What issues did it have?
jason3000
Infinity
Quote: wagana wa garo,ogon kishi

Re: Ratings Poll: Kami no Kiba -JINGA-

Post by jason3000 »

I will say that this series has potential to be good and having a unique story for garo.
My issue is that pacing of the series is horrible,
There is some useless episode in there too( especially the fcking recap episode)
Also this series also somehow has lower budget than usual.
For a series has such a low budget, you think they should put more effort for the story right?
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

By the time I finished watching episode 5 i was really, REALLY angry at this show but by the time i finished the last episode i was devoid of caring. It all feels so futile. Nothing was accomplished. Every single character introduced during this series was dead by the finale. Almost all of them in a predictable, boring & unnecessary way. The only important thing that happened was the true Jinga & Amily revived, which could have been achieved in the movie beforehand quite frankly. Easily the worst garo show i've watched, which is disappointing considering how good the majority of the franchise is.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Final count, 2.67 out of 5 from six votes.

Rough look. What happened, Garo series? Sure, the series has always been a little dark and mature, but this series was just so shitty and cynical, but was also seemed very plot-light at the same time?

The worst part is I don't feel like the series really explained a lot of things, in the way you feel like the writer either didn't care enough about it or just didn't think about it.

What a real blemish on a usually wonderful series.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I was fine with the show, but I didn't like how the story was written.

With due respect, Masahiro should've noticed the flaws & gave some input. Him writing a recap was not a good thing to do.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

He didn't write, just direct. I doubt he had any creative input
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I guess it's because it ended the way it did.

I'm still pissed that they didn't have the spear knight have an in armour fight with Jinga.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:28 am He didn't write, just direct. I doubt he had any creative input
That episode has no writer credit, so I'm thinking it was all adlibbed. Pretty bad...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I get the series was probably done on a budget, but considering where the franchise as a whole is now vs when it aired 2005, you'd figure they'd actually be able to afford to put something decent together.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 pm Final count, 2.67 out of 5 from six votes.

Rough look. What happened, Garo series?
Came in late and found the poll is closed. Would have given it a 5!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eeeh? Why a 5?
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Honestly, I think watching the series in only a few days helped (if I had to watch it over 12 weeks I can see it being a bit of a drag), as well as not approaching the series with the mindset that it was a full series but instead a short side story on a character we’ve known for a while (unlike the Zero series, for example). I thought the way He progressed through his fall to darkness was believable as well as tragic, and I was actually shocked that Inoue could play a “nice” Jinga that was so obviously different from the usual Jinga. Ultimately I enjoyed it and found myself looking forward to watching a few episodes each evening, so I would give it a 5!

If I had to fault it, there were at least three episodes that could have been removed entirely without affecting the story in a negative way: the visit to the village, the priest who found all the horrors, and the clip show. All three kinda stalled everything and the budget for those, if it was indeed low, could have been applied elsewhere. I personally would have rather seen a few episodes that linked the movie to the series, since Dark Jinga’s appearance wasn’t the most well-explained thing.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Kami no Kiba -JINGA-”