Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kami no Kiba Jinga 04 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Episode
Wiki Episode Page
Next Episode >

Alt title: Screw it, let's talk about the thing at the end

Last episode rating: 4.25 out of 5 stars (8 votes)

So uh, are you sure you should be showing us that Jinga is evil this early on? We still have like two more months to go through.

Okay, wind it back. So the episode itself is fine. We get a cat and mouse chase between Jinga and Rozan and Shijou (name means purple cane, wonder if it means anything). It's alright, even if the dialogue is a bit repetitive. "Isn't it weird how there's more than one Horror tonight?"

Then we see Shijou goofing off with the boy. It seems like Jinga's on the up and up, then betrayal!

So what does that mean? Is Jinga faking his ability? Is this a case of dual personalities? So did Jinga really kill his parents? So many questions.

And Rozan noticed there was a third person following Jinga and Fuusa, but he never returns to that fact or brings it up again. Seems like kind of a weird oversight on his part?

Got to admit, it'll be nice to shake things up at this point, since the core cast are kind of boring. The girl from Dragon Blood wasn't a very good actress, but she was fun and spunky and likable. Even Masahiro is a bit subdued here, since he's not allowed to chew the scenery.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: Kami no Kiba Jinga 04 released

Post by Xirix »

Either the Horrors are being absorbed into Jinga and slowly returning him to his lovely horror form, or maybe seeing the butterflys triggered something (or both). I know things sometimes aren't too straightforward in Garo but they clearly want you to think the woman making horrors this episode is Amily.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I feel like it's pretty obvious the Horror goo is like disappearing into Jinga's scar. You can pretty much see it happen in previous episodes.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Xirix »

Well yeah, and with the whole balance, yin/yang thing going on, I'm guessing Jinga was reborn with his 'new soul' and Jinga's horror in a kinda balance, and now he's being tipped over the edge because of this.

I am super curious if Jinga is going to be able to recover or somehow resist, or if we're going to essentially get a protagonist swap.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Another loss of cabin pressure. Messiah, you coldblooded, calculating momma.

Episode's alright, not too big until that Wham.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
iori93
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Quote: saa omae tsumi wo kazoero!

Post by iori93 »

Unexpected ending! Looking forward to the next episode, I feel sorry for that trainee guy tho. 5 stars as the mystery becoming more interesting and for the twist at the end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So from what I gather, the mysterious woman (the leg shot made it look like old Jingas wife) is making Horrors for JInga to absorb and the butterfly for whatever reason causes him to revert to his old persona.

I was kind of looking forward to the secondary knight being more of a newbie, as its not a dynamic we've had before but I guess the twist in the end was pretty cool as well. Jinga can always say he died hunting horrors. A nice shakeup at least, so we know this series at least will have a slightly different tone from most of the others.
omnikaiser
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by omnikaiser »

Xirix wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:20 am I know things sometimes aren't too straightforward in Garo but they clearly want you to think the woman making horrors this episode is Amily.
Considering Matsunoi Miyavi hanged out with Inoue and Fusa's actress on halloween night in the streets and in a bar in Japan, everyone dressed with their in-show costume, I think Amily is back yes. You could argue it's because she is voicing Alva but I don't know.

fantastic episode thanks to the end and the fangasm when the butterfly appeared.
Genuinely didn't expect everything that happened during the last minute. Released a huge gasp at the thrust.
I expected some kind of cliffhanger, like, the moon being covered, Jinga being silent, and when the moon lights his face back you can see an evil look and, the end. but certainly not Shijo being killed so soon.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

So it seems that the two things I was hoping for will happen : Amily's back and Horror Jinga. Plus the thing with the moon and the blue Butterfly that are totally callback from Gold Storm. Too bad it's probably the only things that will link with Ryuuga's story.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I haven't watched Gold Storm since it aired. Whats the significance of the blue butterfly?
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Xirix »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:14 pm I haven't watched Gold Storm since it aired. Whats the significance of the blue butterfly?
If I recall, Amily used butterflies as magic recon things.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Sweet. Thanks.
lincolnmon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Love is like a candle in the darkness

Post by lincolnmon »

Hmm, i really didn't like that twist.

that came out of real nowhere. and there was this hype about this guy joining too. It's a glorified cameo.
Spoiler
Jinga acted funny seeing some butterflies and than wham. The fall to the dark side is too fast, even faster than Anakin Skywalker. and that took him 1 and a half movies. PLus twenty thousand cartoon episodes in between.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Whoa there show, jumping the gun on that twist nearly a third into the series? I almost expected to see this coming but isn't it too soon? There better be something that comes to play with Horror Jinga surfacing.

The episode itself is fine with the cat and mouse set up. Shame about Shijou though. Seems like Japanese Josh Brolin, to me anyway, may stick around to find out Jinga's secret.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Why does the moon shine?, i wonder if Jinga answered that in a scientific manner like "its surface reflects light from the sun" lol!, but it is correct :)

I'm really glad my "real" boy Jinga is slowly coming back and so early in the game might i add, dual personality perhaps?, or does he himself need to purify his body like the soul metal swords to become his Mikage reincarnate again, i guess the more horror he eats/absorb, the more he becomes the fallen knight again from his past, the original Jinga was a horror cannibal after all.

Yeap, Amily is coming back from the looks of it, i was wondering if she was left out or when her incarnate will appear as well.

I just hope this series doesn't end with Jinga getting killed again or something, he is already killed twice by Ryuuga, then killed for the third time by Messiah if that counts, i'm not expecting a redemption of a fallen makai knight ending but make good use of an evil Jinga as a rogue evil makai knight or something, he is way cooler than most boy scout makai knights i've watched so far.

Return to “Kami no Kiba -JINGA-”