Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger (Pre release rumor thread)

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Kishiryu Sentai Ryuusouger (Pre release rumor thread)

Post by resop2 »

I feel that I must be an awful tokusastu fan if by just hearing that a Super Sentai is going to be about dinosaurs and is only going to have one female ranger causes my interest to flat line.
aeknar
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: "El amor soporta el peso de la tristeza porque eso lo hará más fuerte..."
MISIA - Orphans no Namida

Ryu Soldier

Post by aeknar »

I'm glad Toei decided to take a year off and broadcast a rerun of Kyoryuger while working on improving future series /s

But seriously, anyone else thinks they look way too similar?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

resop2 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am I feel that I must be an awful tokusastu fan if by just hearing that a Super Sentai is going to be about dinosaurs and is only going to have one female ranger causes my interest to flat line.
Did the same thing happened when you heard about Kyouryuuger?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:12 pm
resop2 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am I feel that I must be an awful tokusastu fan if by just hearing that a Super Sentai is going to be about dinosaurs and is only going to have one female ranger causes my interest to flat line.
Did the same thing happened when you heard about Kyouryuuger?
Well, I just heard about them now (remember that I am an awful tokusatsu fan), but yes, same reaction.

Do you have any words of praise for this series that would inspire me to check Kyouryuuger out?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The one girl gets quite a bit of screentime, and there are several supporting female characters. The ratio's still not great but it's miles above the sausage party of Kyuurangee
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:04 pm The one girl gets quite a bit of screentime, and there are several supporting female characters. The ratio's still not great but it's miles above the sausage party of Kyuurangee
I just checked out the first episode and I decided that it wasn't for me. It seemed to me that if they did a super sentai parody then it would look a lot like this show. A loud clueless red, a hand of god leader who gives the heroes everything for particular reason, fight scenes that change locations randomly, cookie cutter villains who are so generic that the monster grower(?) has the same mannerisms and color scheme as the pink ranger, dinosaurs rampaging in the city as baby faces, cannon fodder combatients who look like they had white outfits that someone spilled chocolate milk on, crappy opening and closing music, ... I guess I am an awful takusatsu fan for hating this.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Eh, no one has to like everything, but I do recommend you give it until like episode 5, Red gets better with time and Gold is probably my favorite character of the past few years.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

I like the helmets but I wish pattern on the suits didn't direct your eyes towards their crotches.
Zenuku5
Infinity
Favorite series: Den-O
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Koji Seto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Let's make this showy!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Zenuku5 »

...yeah, kinda with most people here. This is so Kyouryuuger Season 2. Though I will say that their henshin device honestly reminds me more of the Dino Braces from Abaranger. Who knows, maybe they intend to try and mix elements from the Dino Sentais before into one Super Dino Sentai. Which to me just sounds like a bad idea, but that might just be me.

I am though disappointed we're not getting like an actual dragon-centered sentai and instead it's just 'More Dinosaurs'. And another Red T-Rex at that.
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Just out of curiosity, are you going to show the four-part "End of the Heisei Era" Super Sentai special?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Why is there even a 4 part saikyo battle to begin with?, i'm assuming they're doing it so kamen rider and the super sentai series can begin and end at the same time again?

Also, those Ryuusou suits really are just variation of the Kyouryu suits, the slant black teeth marks are now vertical and triangular lol!

And is it safe to say Ryuusou are Dino Knights and not Dragon Knights right.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ryujin wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:42 am Why is there even a 4 part saikyo battle to begin with?, i'm assuming they're doing it so kamen rider and the super sentai series can begin and end at the same time again?
Wasn't aware that Zi-O was ending in 7 episodes
ryujin
Gabu
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:27 am Wasn't aware that Zi-O was ending in 7 episodes
Tbh, i really wish that's the case, cause imo, it's the worst KR i've ever seen, anyways, my bad assuming Saikyo Battle was a set-up for fixing the time slot for KR and Sentai to like what it was before lol, unfortunately for me, ZI-O will prolong itself with the few remaining heisei riders and future riders with 2 episodes each :P

Kamen Rider Quiz?!, a Rider that asks way too many questions?, Good God, when i saw this, i know they're definitely running out of ideas here lol!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So the toy catalogue has released the pictures of the mecha. It looks nice. It's not a blocky mess for once. It seems to be using some lego like snap on for the the other mechs though which is the trade off I guess.

Still bummed that they needed to break out the Dinosaur theme 6 years after the last one. It'll get stale if they use it as a crutch.
ryujin
Gabu

Post by ryujin »

Is it just me or does black look fat on the promo lol!, probably cause of the camera angle, then again, i haven't seen the actor playing black, is he that buff?

"Keboom!", yup, it already sounds Kyouryuuger-ish

The lack of females is really a bummer, was expecting the sentai series in the new era to have a female leading red for once or females outnumbering the males 3 to 2, still hoping the 6th or 7th ranger if this series is going for 2 extra members to be female though like Go-Onger

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”