Ryusoulger 01 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 pm

★★★★★
29%
★★★★
13%
★★★
42%
★★
4%
13%

Total votes: 24
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ryusoulger 01 released

Post by takenoko »

Brazilians speak Portuguese?!
msf232 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 am
erikhol wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 am Doesn’t Dinosaur Knight Squadron Ryusoulger seem more simple?
"Knight Dragon Squadron" is just a literal translation of "騎士竜戦隊", nothing else.
Considering a Kishiryuu is the name of an animal in this universe, maybe we should just leave it as that? Kishiryuu Squadron...
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I'm actually excited about this series. This is the first Sentai that I've watched while airing since Magiranger and ironically, the first sentai I've watched period since Kyoryuger. It kinda reminds me of Zyuranger mixed with Abaranger with a dash of Kyoryuger. Though it hasn't quite found itself yet, there is a lot of potential there.

Ui probably shouldn't have been introduced until the second episode though, given she did all of Jack and Shit in this episode.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think the file where the sentai dance the ending dance out of their suits should be called "unmasked" rather than masked.

Was Red seriously planning on bludgeoning Ui's head with a sledge hammer?

Will the series be two episodes long with Ultraman kicking the butt of the Megazords?

Was this episode edited in a high speed blender?

Wait, the OG sentai girl was in Amazons S1 and one of the guy OG Sentai was a Greeed?

Will Hina from Kamen Rider OOOs guest star and have an arm wrestling match with Pink?

So far: the humor is not funny, the drama is not dramatic, and the action is not exciting.
DidiZorba
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DidiZorba »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:05 pm Brazilians speak Portuguese?!
Yeah, although it is "Brazilian Portuguese" :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Portuguese

I think "que bom" has the same meanings in Portugal's portuguese, they are similar enough.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

You try to have some fun with the translation and shake things up a bit and everyone says why didn't you just do it literally.

Straight translation would be Dinosaur Knight Squadron, but knights don't actually have squadrons. I wanted to find a similar word that would work with a group of knights, and "dragoon" seemed to fit, with an added bonus of being a minor pun. The name is still left in Japanese in the show proper, it's only the karaoke that's translated
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, that'd make sense if Kishiryuu was referring to the knights. But the creatures are called Kishiryuu, so they'd be Knight dinosaurs or dragons. The knight is the adjective for the creature, not the other way around.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

I honestly thought "Dragoon" was a unit from StarCraft videogame series, but it turns out to be the true meaning of that word in the link below.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/dragoon

I guess many people don't know what that is? "Dragon" misspelled or something?

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, translating Ryuukishi to Dragoon has been going on since FInal Fantasy VI days as far as video games go. But again, that's Ryuukishi versus Kishiryuu.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Dragoon_(job)
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

This was a "meh" episode for me. All of the ideas and stuff that are being reused from Kyoryuger is REALLY bugging me. It wouldn't bother me as much if this was done ten years after Kyoryuger and not six, or even if they used ACTUAL DRAGONS instead of Dinosaurs again. Also getting the feeling that red is gonna be a Gary Stu again like King was but only time will tell. On a side note, the asymmetrical head of the gattai mech REALLY REALLY PISSED ME OFF!!! *goes into a Death the Kid rant about how symmetry is the greatest thing in the world and blah blah blah*
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't get why people get bent out of shape for name translations. Fuck, call it by its Japanese name.

As long as the actual spoken dialogue is translated so I can understand it, I'm good.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Is anyone else getting 'Ranger Red and his Amazing Friends' vibe off of this. Clearly he has some weird power. In the intro his eyes glow red and he did the weird knockback thing to main bad dude. After watching this episode, it almost seems they are trying to rip a Neo Saban on us... with how they did their first episodes. Not all the rangers, get to show off some stuff... story not fleshed out yet.

What's holding me back is them doing Dinosaurs again. EVERYTHING good about this episode...which isn't much. Could have been done with a different theme.

The new Armed On... could've been used on a different theme.
The new style of Mecha Fights. ((If they keep this style past this episode)) Could've been used on a different theme.
The Hammer Joke.

I feel like I might be super biased for not liking the Dinosaur theme but... why couldn't it all be dragon themed. That would've been awesome. They are all dragon riding sentai.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Kuchiri wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:11 pm
What's holding me back is them doing Dinosaurs again. EVERYTHING good about this episode...which isn't much. Could have been done with a different theme.

The new Armed On... could've been used on a different theme.
The new style of Mecha Fights. ((If they keep this style past this episode)) Could've been used on a different theme.
The Hammer Joke.

I feel like I might be super biased for not liking the Dinosaur theme but... why couldn't it all be dragon themed. That would've been awesome. They are all dragon riding sentai.
Nah, not biased. While I did like the episode, I'm pretty shocked that they went with Dinosaurs so soon. The previous three dino shows were exactly ten years apart so I figured after Kyoryuger we'd be dino free until 2023. Dragons would have been absolutely epic.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Random (but probably related) question- is Korea really skipping Lupinranger VS Patranger? And if so, why? Does anybody know?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

msf232 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:21 am Random (but probably related) question- is Korea really skipping Lupinranger VS Patranger? And if so, why? Does anybody know?
THEORY AND OPINION:

for some reason, Kyouryuuger went OFF in Korea. so much so that they actually did their own version of it.

more than likely, Korea went "DINOS AGAIN?? FUCK YES!!!!"

while LupinPat looked at Korea like the cheating meme.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Random question that is probably super subjective: As a general rule does a Super Sentai that is friendly to older audiences sell fewer toys?

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”