Ryusoulger 05 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:07 pm

★★★★★
12%
★★★★
18%
★★★
47%
★★
12%
12%

Total votes: 17
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ryusoulger 05 released

Post by Catastrophe »

It looked more like a sumo stance so me.

As best as you could in a giant robot costume.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

BreadToku wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 am
Also I'm glad they brought back the silly dance EDs if only for the hilarious whiplash when coming right after a dramatic scene of our characters dying of poison and another fearing for his brother's life.
This. having your episode end on someone yelling into the sky like they lost a lover and then immediately following it with a silly ending dance involving both of those characters is RIDICULOUS. I fell out of my chair laughing.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

to me THERE ARE things to like here. the MOTW of the week was defeated, and yet true to form, even anime form, the effect of said monster didnt magically vanish when the MOTW did. thats different and interesting, and 5 episodes in were getting a 2 parter. Koh and friendsa NOT winning over both brothers, just the 1, was a nice touch, and seemingly Bamba and Koh may have something to bond over, but they likely will mess it up but im hoping not. Bamba asking about Master Red and seemingly both brothers re-act to lose. something good, in terms of a story being told, could happen.

things i dont like:
Green and Black have both "formed the head", yet i feel like Melto and Asuna missed their chance/turn.
Do the druidigons have a base? or other members of their faction? as just the 2 of them seems kinda boring.
Can creon make more than 1 minusaur? like wouldnt mass production be the key to victory?
Ryusoul for sniffing ....

ALSO! glad im not only person creeping up on 40 .....
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Oddly enough, this was my favorite episode of the series so far; this addressed a bunch of my concerns on previous episodes, from the masters' deaths not having any impact to worldbuilding that felt way too forced to the lack of chemistry between the characters (it's hard to pinpoint how, but just about everyone felt more human in this episode for me). I also liked Koh suffering through a revenge complex, but the more other posters point it out, the more I'm seeing that there really wasn't anything to build it up in the preceding episodes.

So far, Ryuusoulger doesn't seem like a fantasy series with all the wrong ingredients so much as a series with the ingredients placed in at the wrong times and in the wrong order (a revenge plot here, a clashing ideals/redemptive arc there), not giving them enough time for them to cook naturally. I don't think their content is bad, but the context and pacing is really going to spoil it if they aren't careful. I definitely found this more enjoyable than its predecessors, but I'm hoping future episodes will prove a bit more consistent.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I like the show overall, but I'm having similar issues as many of you with how the events have unfolded. I hope that the current pacing is a result of the writers setting up for a switch in the villain group. I just don't see these two lasting much longer at this rate.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I'm not following this show any more but I did see something in Twitter that might be of interest:
Spoiler
https://twitter.com/ganbareina11/status ... 9100081152

Apparently, Tanaka Reina (a senpai of Kudo (Lupin Yellow) Haruka in Morning Musume.) will have a guest appearance on Ryusoulger.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Or

The Rushed 180 episode

Everyone pretty much listed the same gripes that I already have, but the most glaring one to me is the activation gimmick. Constantly having to hear the toy shout out 'Sou, Sou, SOU!" is grating as hell. This entire first batch of episodes all feel rushed and uninspired, which is a trend I've been noticing with Super Sentai over the past few years. After we get a 'serious' storyline, the next one is jokey and somewhat dull until episode 12-13 (though I say this having dropped ToQger at episode 30-something and Kyuuranger at episode 4/5.)

Another thing that bugged me was that Tankjou's power asspull. I get that this is a kids show, but come on. Give us some reasonable in universe explanation as to why he's able to draw power from earthquakes.

I really wish they took the time to flush everyone out more, cause right now, all we have are tropes instead of traits.

I'm hoping that by Episode 6 that we get introduced to the rest of the evil commanders and the writer manages to breathe some life/excitement into this show, cause as it stands, this one is going to the dropped pile real soon.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

hiro9796 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Uh, not exactly. The catalogs that leak onto the internet are up to the 3rd quarter of toys but the show's promotion is only in the first quarter and will be there until about episode 12-13. Timing of the catalog leaks never seems to match the same as the timing of the show.
This year Ryusoulger start at March but the catalog release was somehow standard as if the show started in February. Yes, it's weird that third catalog already leaked but I do remember roughly in which month each catalog was posted in Heroshock. In any case, the leaked was earlier than expected because it was still following the trend that new Sentai Series start in February and do not forget that there is the Super Sentai Saikyou Battle for 4 weeks straight. Originally, Ryusoulger should had reach Episode 9 by this week if it started on mid Ferbuary. That's pretty much it why the leak is earlier than the current episode. However, for most of the time, we don't really care about it because we rather not being spoiled.
Yeah, I get there was a late start but my point was that if we were in the 3rd quarter of toys show-wise then we'd have more than just 5 rangers and their robots on-screen currently. We don't so, it's just the First Quarter. Again, just tell yourself that the stuff after the initial catalog leak comes way later than where we are.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I think this is the first time we've seen a MotW be destroyed by a ranger. (Until we realize this is just another episode of Kamen Rider Wizard and the monster will be back next week)
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

I think I've figured out what's been bugging me about Ryusoulger - the inability to focus on one character/story in a single ep.

Take ep 2 for example. We are made to think it will be about Melto and his Kishiryuu... yet that somehow gets forgotten and the story is more about the affected human.
Same for this ep - the focus is on Banba yet... Koh somehow gets the big highlight with the scene when he gets angry.

This doesn't necessarily mean that they try to fit too many things into one episode, but rather that they take two incomplete halves and try to put them together. I really hope they do fix this as there are things I like and I do believe that the characters are definitely redeemable.
Behold the Emperor!

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”