Ryusoulger 07 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 12, 2019 11:34 pm

★★★★★
20%
★★★★
60%
★★★
No votes
★★
10%
10%

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 07 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.2 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Finally, a break from this sausagefest

Oh my god, Tyramigo talks.

Koh is a 200 year old baby man? How is this possible? I have questions about how old everyone is now

Thank goodness for weird greens and their interesting way of fighting

WTF her name is Cardena. Did they cut the scene where she tells them that?

Wait, Cardena's not a bad guy? She was signaling so hard to be a bad guy.

Oh look, it turned into Dino Tanker
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: Ryusoulger 07 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

Gonna start off by saying, ahhh, nice to see Tanaka Reina (my first J-idol bias) in this and I guess not too surprised that she'd be signing in this.

Anyway, unless I'm terrible at following these shows... was there some weird editing going on near the end? As the Monster plummets to the ground from the glare... and "blows up" and we get a shot of Cardena looking up.. but then it just cuts and the monster is alive still.

But wait they battle some more and it flees... all is good? Since during the reunion they don't even mention about the monster fleeing/getting away?

That whole sequence just felt weird to me.

Nonetheless more Reina in next episode, so looking forward to that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

It's not just you. It feels like they cut some scenes. How about when green just mentions Cardena's name after everyone just referring to her as princess up to that point.

Anyone know if Cardena or Pheeta are supposed to be references to something?

I know Cepheus was the father of Andromeda
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cepheus_of_Ethiopia
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Ooo I forgot to mention.. for the Dino Tanker, I was immediately reminded of the original MMPR's Megazord before it becomes the Zord we all know. Guess it could be called a Dino Tanker too.
https://youtu.be/qm7m3QiuzjU?t=69

The funny thing is.. it's a 2-parter (I doubt 3) and agreed, they didn't even know Cardena's name.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

The mecha fights filmed with an actor in a suit have been spot on so far.

Towa and Bamba had two really cool sword attacks at the beginning of the ep; have we seen equivalent ones for the others?

The new general is nuts and I am looking forward to seeing his interactions with Creon. Or even with the still stoic Bamba.

Didn't they say "KishiryuOh"? Possibly she just figured out Kishiryu from there?
Behold the Emperor!
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid

Post by jamebarktoku »

Honestly, I'm more and more impressed with the action in this series. It's nice to have Sakamoto back in the director's chair on this one, and it has his hallmarks all over it. The fight mid-transformation sequence, the one unmorphed fight, the mecha fight (even if the editing on that wasn't brilliant).

However, Banba's stoicism and stubbornness are just getting annoying now, and villain-signalling towards the end is a bit dodgy to me. Just Melto getting suspicious because of Cardena getting a name right without hearing it. I don't know, it just seems a bit out of left-field from a writing perspective.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was an interesting episode, to say the least.

The one thing that immediately sticks out to me are the production values of this episode. It's clearly not a run of the mill episode, as showcased in nearly every facet of production, from the fight choreography to the locations to the guest stars. And while there are obvious reasons that not every episode can be like this, I certainly enjoy it. The unmorphed fighting is always a blast - even the dang kids are getting in on it(!) - and the unit that handles the giant robo fights also put in a great effort.

The timing of all of this is odd though. This is a two-parter in all but name. But, outside of the first episodes of a series, we've never had a two-parter like this so early before, have we? So why is Toei doing a high-budget multi-part arc only 7 episodes in? I'll gladly take more, please, but this almost feels too good to be true...

Meanwhile the new general is weird. That could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing. This episode was almost overstuffed with things going on, so it hasn't really given us a chance to get a good feel for him. He definitely fits some of the patterns for a long slog of mini-bosses - this is a guy that isn't going to be doing a lot of hand-to-hand combat - but I'm curious to see if Toei breaks the pattern in other ways here.

I have to say though, I really don't care for singing in Sentai. Thankfully it's rare, but whenever they do it it's always these slow, drawn-out songs...

I'm also disappointed that Bamba didn't try to kill any hosts this week. But at least Creon is on point. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:34 pm Oh my god, Tyramigo talks.
Given everything else that happened in this episode, that's practically an afterthought. Still, I'm not sure what this show needs right now is a talking T-Rex...
Koh is a 200 year old baby man? How is this possible? I have questions about how old everyone is now
You and me both. He's clearly designed to be a character that's lived a sheltered life. But still, it's hard to buy a human with 200 years of experience being quite this naive and impulsive.
Wait, Cardena's not a bad guy? She was signaling so hard to be a bad guy.
Weren't you paying any attention. Clearly she's not a bad guy. She's a bad girl! :P
SacredCultivator wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:08 pm Ooo I forgot to mention.. for the Dino Tanker, I was immediately reminded of the original MMPR's Megazord before it becomes the Zord we all know. Guess it could be called a Dino Tanker too.
https://youtu.be/qm7m3QiuzjU?t=69
Just to be clear here since I'm not sure everyone knows this, Dino Tanker is the same thing. That was the Japanese name for Dino Megazord's tank mode.
jamebarktoku wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 am Honestly, I'm more and more impressed with the action in this series. It's nice to have Sakamoto back in the director's chair on this one, and it has his hallmarks all over it.
That was Sakamoto? Huh, I hadn't even thought to check who the director was. That makes a lot of sense, and it definitely felt like a Sakamoto episode (legs included :shock: ). But now I'm even more curious what Toei is up to in scheduling a Sakamoto 2-parter so early into the series...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Come on kids, let's all join DekaPink in singing about how glad we are to be alive!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 am Come on kids, let's all join DekaPink in singing about how glad we are to be alive!
I've never watched the original Deka, but that was totally meant to be an anti-suicide message, wasn't it? :shock:
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

watching the ED and the lupinPats doing the dance.... oh my fucking god.

I keep forgetting Noel did parkour. the backflip was surprising... and Umika's face at that one point.... LMFAO
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:30 am
takenoko wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 am Come on kids, let's all join DekaPink in singing about how glad we are to be alive!
I've never watched the original Deka, but that was totally meant to be an anti-suicide message, wasn't it? :shock:
Heh, it happens in episode one!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Actually, it's seems to be a kindergarden's song since it was also used in Fiveman, Kakuranger, Go-Buster and probably more.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I just can't anymore. I tried. I really tried, but I just can't. This episode was the worst. Out of nowhere princess from space? Nonsensical song that makes no sense for no reason? Also that song happens to save the day? Like what's with the singing? It's so out of place.

Children protecting the villain and it occurs to literally nobody that kids are pushovers and can't protect anything. Just slap them out of the way. What's more important, defeating the villain or not having crying children?

200 year old man baby? Come on man, you're killing my suspension of disbelief. And I normally have an abnormal amount of that.

I'm done, I'm so done.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Kou is 9 or 10 years older than Queen Victoria, so yeah, he's pretty old.

Yume Ado girl's only line in this episode (other than the 2 of them singing) was "Neesan". Even Kanon in Heisei Generations got to say more than "Oniichan".
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Back after a couple of episodes. The show still stinks, but it was worthwhile to see two H!P OG's in one show. As for the princess being a bad girl, in previous productions she was a zombie, a phantom thief, and an evil princess. Makes you think, huh?

The show is still a wall of sound and fury signifying nothing, but for casting I will say: otsuka-Reina!

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”