Ryusoulger 07 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 12, 2019 11:34 pm

★★★★★
20%
★★★★
60%
★★★
No votes
★★
10%
10%

Total votes: 10
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Re: Ryusoulger 07 released

Post by kangchan »

Still waiting for the "true" rest-episodes to develop character personality. But since this series follow the step of Kyuranger which mainly focus on main plot, so no more hope to change the structure.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Dengar wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:28 pm Children protecting the villain and it occurs to literally nobody that kids are pushovers and can't protect anything. Just slap them out of the way. What's more important, defeating the villain or not having crying children?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-man ... in-a-fight
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Space Princess episode? I wonder who directe...

Sakamoto. Of course.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

The Ryusoulgers being 200+ years old raises so many questions that i hadn't considered before now.
Questions
Does that mean they're all 200 year old virgins? or did all of their partners die back in their village in that blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot from episode 1 and none of them got even slightly upset about it? are the three knights in a polyamorous situation together? how old are you saying the "Masters" were to look that much older? Did they age to look about 20 by age 20 then stayed looking the same for the next 180+ years? or did they age proportionally, meaning they were a baby for 10 years, a toddler for the next 20 years, a child for 90 years, then 80 years being a teenager?
I'm enjoying the show in general so far though, i feel like the last 2 episodes have been a definite improvement over the first 5. The fight scenes have been consistently kick ass since episode 1 though, with this episode having some outstanding fight choreography that i was super into. I have no idea who the guests are, but i assume they're from AKB48 cause that's always the answer when a pair of female characters show up in toku but also have forced singing bits for no apparent reason.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:32 am Space Princess episode? I wonder who directe...

Sakamoto. Of course.
"Sakamoto wants what? He wants to double the expenses to hire two girls this time?! What's he having them wear this time?"
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

KRDangerousZombie wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:56 am I have no idea who the guests are, but i assume they're from AKB48 cause that's always the answer when a pair of female characters show up in toku but also have forced singing bits for no apparent reason.
One of the guests is Tanaka Reina, formerly of Morning Musume. (she was Kudo "Lupin Yellow" Haruka's senpai) and formerly of the metal band Lovender. She was also the lead voice actress in two animes. Morning Musume. is from a different talent agency than AKB48. I don't know about the other guest.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 pmOne of the guests is Tanaka Reina, formerly of Morning Musume. (she was Kudo "Lupin Yellow" Haruka's senpai) and formerly of the metal band Lovender. She was also the lead voice actress in two animes. Morning Musume. is from a different talent agency than AKB48. I don't know about the other guest.
That's Kobayashi Rei from Yumemiru Adolescence, the idol group featuring Akiba Yellow and Mai from Gaim.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Huh. My main "I liked this" comment was on how fantastic the out-of-suit fight scenes were (particularly anything with Koh), so it makes sense that this was Sakamoto. I actually liked the directing here better than the average Sakamoto work (the transitions between calm and action don't seem particularly forced here, and the princesses don't kick anyone in slow motion unlike in other works of his).

Part of me finds this general an improvement over the last one, but while he's more easily defined, "quirky" isn't quite the same thing as well-written. The villains really need some sort of identifiable motivation or nuance?
ViRGE wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:59 amI'm also disappointed that Bamba didn't try to kill any hosts this week.
Come to think of it, it looks like they're edging away from the host concept; this episode seemed to merely glance over its host.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Mxylv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm
ViRGE wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:59 amI'm also disappointed that Bamba didn't try to kill any hosts this week.
Come to think of it, it looks like they're edging away from the host concept; this episode seemed to merely glance over its host.
That's pretty typical for Sentai and Rider, dropping major things within a few episodes because they're too much hassle. Ex-Aid dropped the requirement to start fights in Level 1, for example.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

HowlingSnail wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:54 pm
Mxylv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm Come to think of it, it looks like they're edging away from the host concept; this episode seemed to merely glance over its host.
That's pretty typical for Sentai and Rider, dropping major things within a few episodes because they're too much hassle. Ex-Aid dropped the requirement to start fights in Level 1, for example.
In Ex-Aid's defence, the whole point of level 1 was to remove the bugster from the host body. After a while the bugsters would just evolve out of the host body before the first fight, making level 1 not needed for that fight. They DID bring back level 1's for a fight once like... 30/40-something episodes in too if that counts?
HowlingSnail wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm
resop2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 pmOne of the guests is Tanaka Reina, formerly of Morning Musume. (she was Kudo "Lupin Yellow" Haruka's senpai) and formerly of the metal band Lovender. She was also the lead voice actress in two animes. Morning Musume. is from a different talent agency than AKB48. I don't know about the other guest.
That's Kobayashi Rei from Yumemiru Adolescence, the idol group featuring Akiba Yellow and Mai from Gaim.
So they were both idols from groups with loose connections to toei then? That's pretty interesting.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

takenoko wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 pm"Sakamoto wants what? He wants to double the expenses to hire two girls this time?! What's he having them wear this time?"
"Sir, I have the budget request for the episode from the director. He wants miniskirts for all the females, wirework for every single character, explosions rivalling that of a Michael Bay film, and 90% of the shots have to be taken from a low angle camera to see the skirts spin."
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Dengar wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:28 pm Children protecting the villain and it occurs to literally nobody that kids are pushovers and can't protect anything. Just slap them out of the way. What's more important, defeating the villain or not having crying children?
Duh, are you really expecting everyone's favourite Super Sentai Heroes to just break through? I know its possible to just push them away without needing to hurt children but remember heroes are naive when it comes to children. They do bad things, we don't get mad. Then comes the backstory of the bad boy/girl not being loved by parents or hated among friends. I wonder what Ad (Eagle Sazer) from Sazer X would do in this situation compare to the movie that has Riki along with GranSazers and JustiRisers? Maybe the question is what would Bamba do if manipulated children gets in his way?
SVNBob
Go Go!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by SVNBob »

Mxylv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pmCome to think of it, it looks like they're edging away from the host concept; this episode seemed to merely glance over its host.
Because the guy Ui identified probably wasn't the real host. Like the kid and dad in the hospital, it's going to turn out to be another case of mistaken host identity.
Spoiler
I'm betting the true host is Pheeta, the sister that had been captured.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:30 am
takenoko wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:31 pm"Sakamoto wants what? He wants to double the expenses to hire two girls this time?! What's he having them wear this time?"
"Sir, I have the budget request for the episode from the director. He wants miniskirts for all the females, wirework for every single character, explosions rivalling that of a Michael Bay film, and 90% of the shots have to be taken from a low angle camera to see the skirts spin."
"Well if Sakamoto needs all that money for wire-fu, we're going to have to cut the budget somewhere. How about out of clothing? Miniskirts are cheap!"

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”