Ryusoulger 15 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:08 pm

★★★★★
14%
★★★★
57%
★★★
14%
★★
No votes
14%

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 15 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.29 / 5 ( votes)

Alt Title:Sentai recycled ideas

Do people communicate telepathically? Why didn't Oto's lips move under water?

What the fuck are Ui and her dad's gags. Do kids like this?

Man, Gold, your blade is kinda short. And is that Arya's move?

How old is Oto. Are those guys creeping on a little kid?

What, they got rid of all the interest knights so it's just red again? God damn it, Sentai.
Dumb nitpicks
-Why is red stopping the other knights from fighting? Crayon's got the hostage, he should be the one telling them to stop
-Instead of saying they can't combine because of the magnetism beam, the scene would have been stronger if they tried combining and failed. As it is, it's not very impactful to seem them combine when they didn't even try earlier.

Like the action and the suit designs are nice, but the writing is poop.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 15 released

Post by Lunagel »

Better, but not great. Oto(hime) was kinda cute and I liked the bit where she was going to find a groom. 123 years old though? Are these guys elves? I feel like for them 10 years = 1 year, so Oto is 12ish and then Koh would be early 20s? So how old is that old dude now running a kebab shop?

I was kinda thinking that since that subplot with the chick and her douche boyfriend didn't actually get resolved that maybe we'd see them again in this episode. Yeah lol no, dropped like a hot potato. It was dumb anyway, so I'm not sad to see it gone but still, there goes any hope for some sort of satisfactory ending where she kicks him to the curb and burns all his clothes.

Magnet professor is random.

Hokkaido - Sapporo Clock Tower
Okinawa - Shurijo Castle
Tottori - Sand Dunes
Kyoto - Gion District (Yasaka Pagoda)
In case you were wondering about the blue-screen places
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

There are deserts in Japan?

Oh, Otohime

This was written by Arakawa Naruhisa and directed by Sakamoto Koichi???

Edit: That girl's actress is 12. What's wrong with those guys.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Dunes are one of those weird natural phenomena where occasionally you get a huge area of sand in a geographically odd place. There's the Indiana Dunes National Park and the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. The dunes may or may not be a habitat for giant sandworms, may their passing cleanse the world.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I watched Dune a couple weeks ago, so I get that reference. If I hadn't, my response would have been "I haven't seen Dune. I don't get that reference."
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

This is weird since this ep (and next ep) is written by Arakawa Naruhisa, rather than main writer, since it's just the second episode of 6th member.

I wonder is Yamaoka Junpei is bad writer and he can't write how characters interact and develop, so he give this role to Naruhisa?
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Being able to communicate telepathically but only when wet is such an odd restriction.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This episode was a lot better the previous one. In fact, it was basically a better debut for Gold than the actual debut. We see all his weapons and equipment in action, we get little snippets of more important parts of his background and personality (like his underwater tribe and his relationship with his sister), we see his mech and it's personality, and the other five didn't need to be made to look incompetent this time.

I'm actually now a little endeared to and curious about our sixth and why his robot fish hates the land tribes, unlike last episode where I was left feeling ambivalent about everything. Granted, I'm not expecting the reasons and answers we'll eventually get to be anything great, but at least it's some kind of substance.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

Waiting for the day where characters in Super Sentai have at least decent logic for doing something. Super Sentai is indeed a kid show, but it doesn't mean it has to be stupid.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Abaranger had a better magnetism episode.

Another case of something being done better by a better Dino Sentai.
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Another series that pretends there are magnetic monopoles.

Also, why do the Japanese seem to call the magnetic poles "N" and "S" when there are perfectly good Japanese words for north and south?
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I did enjoy seeing that some of the main members do some of their own stunts. (Red and Black)

TOTALLY copying Arya's knife move.

liked Red grabbing the grunt weapons and beating people with it. nice touch.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Fat D wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:57 pm Another series that pretends there are magnetic monopoles.

Also, why do the Japanese seem to call the magnetic poles "N" and "S" when there are perfectly good Japanese words for north and south?
Because those words don't begin with N and S, which would go against every single magnet on Earth having "N" and "S" written on them.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I continue to be perplexed and amazed by how little I care about Gold. I will grant the show some credit here: an effort was made, unlike last episode. However it's still not enough. He's still this weak, uninteresting character.

On the plus side, the action was a step above. I liked seeing all of the Ryusoulgers fighting before they transformed, and the mecha fight had some interesting angles going on that we don't normally get (they clearly did some extra model work here).:) I see Sakamoto directed this one, so that makes a lot of sense (he was bound to show up sooner or later, since he didn't do Zi-O).

Meanwhile, I've come to the conclusion that I hate Gold's theme song. It repeats his leitmotif/chorus way too frequently, to the point that it's getting grating already.:(

And once again, Creon stole the show. From his ultra-casual kidnapping attempt to his comments when General Grouchy showed up and changed the terms of the hostage negotiation. Though why is he holding a giant fork? :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:14 am Though why is he holding a giant fork? :lol:
To better eat you, my dear!

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”