Ryusoulger 16 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 pm

★★★★★
50%
★★★★
10%
★★★
20%
★★
20%
No votes

Total votes: 10
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Ryusoulger 16 released

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:32 am Oh, I just watched that scene. Uhhh, if Melto were human and she said "I'm 123 years old" maybe that'd make sense. But they're all Ryusoul Tribe, and she's clearly prepubescent. Sooo... your world building excuse doesn't hold up, you're just a creepy writer.
I don't see the problem. Kids have crushes on older people, it happens all the time. None of the characters take it seriously, and the show is just treating it as a harmless childish crush. I really don't understand why so many people are finding this weird. It's hardly the first time a kid has had a crush on an older Ranger. Remember Tusk's admirer?

Hell, if we're gonna talk about unhealthy childish relationships, what about Sougo falling in love with a girl he met for 30 seconds when he was 10, STILL being in love with her 8 years later, and still loving her despite her turning out to be a murderous psychopath? And the show treating this as perfectly normal?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I dunno, for me I'm just bagging on the writer's poor reasoning. As a tween of 123 years, she's clearly physically not as mature as the other Ryusoul Tribe members. She's too young to make kids, but old enough to know better than to say things like that.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Well, the awkward fun-to-fight transition was enough to tip me off that it was probably a Sakamoto episode, but as another member mentioned earlier, it really is hard to be mad at almost anything when the action and choreography are as good as they are. Not gonna lie, though, my favorite decision made concerning this episode was that the story about the ancient land Ryuusoulgers was true. I was initially worried that Mosa Rex was just manipulating the sea Ryuusoulgers, but having it as a legitimate memory made the episode far stronger than it could have been.

My main complaint (aside from the kinda weirdly approached shipping sideplot?) would probably be that, with another Druidon gone, it's getting only more evident that the only real villain who seems to be sticking around--not counting what could only be called a cameo so far from Gaisorg--is the comic relief villain. Gekiranger did take its time before revealing an extremely well-received villain, but I'm still concerned by the lack of antagonists in this show so far with any real depth or motivation. Quality villains can be just as essential as good heroes, as several Marvel movies' praises and critiques tend to show, and I'm not really seeing that here.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I did enjoy the joke they made with the sister want to repopulate the tribe like her brother. I'm hoping they don't overdo it with her and Melto though.

New robot was pretty sweet looking. Transformation looked good and I like how its similar in colouration and design to Gold himself.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”