Ryusoulger 22 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:29 pm

★★★★★
13%
★★★★
38%
★★★
38%
★★
No votes
13%

Total votes: 8
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.44 / 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Life and death swap

I dunno, despite a few good moments, I really thought the episode's story was tedious.

Ha, Asuna shoving the other rangers aside to catch Koh. Glad they haven't forgotten about her monstrous strength trait.

The Ryusoulgers really are cavemen if they think the sign saying 50,000 people will gather is how people navigate to spots in the modern age... Also, who designed that sign? It's so on the nose.

Hahahaha, that tiny stage is where 50,000 people were supposed to gather?!

I like how Master Pink says she'll handle the Minusaur on her own, but immediately lets Koh and gold do it after Asuna tells her it's their job. You can still help with the fighting Master Pink, you lazy bum.

I know we get the cool pink versus Tankjou fight, but it still irks me that any mecha fight in this series is basically a red thing (Stop hogging the chest pieces!)

The CGI in this episode is early 2000s tastic.

Wait, if Master Pink is right, there were other people training to be Ryusoulgers. And these are the five chumps who got the title?

Creon, are all your body fluids slime?

A few funny and cool bits, but overall this was a real slog to get through for me. Everything is just so random and poorly thought out that there's no real cohesion between the different things that happen in the episode. The writing just doesn't have any grounding in reality that would humanize it, that would appeal to the audience's familiarity with the human condition, the way a Kobayashi work would.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: Ryusoulger 22 released

Post by Slowking »

Did we actually get an answer as to why Master Pink specifically was revived and not Master Red or Master Blue? Or how and when the Minusaur was created from her?

I'm still not sure about where the story is progressing towards.
- Who are the Druidons truly? Are there more of them out there?
- How did the two new Kishiryuu end up "free" in this world when it was the Druidons who took them to space?
- Where is Gaisorg?!
- Are Koh, Melto and Asuna the only three left from their own Ryusoul tribe?

I feel like these questions should have been answered so far or at the very least their answers should have been hinted at. Otherwise nothing really ties up together.

I really liked the Asuna focus in this classic "early 20s mecha power-up" episode - and it worked wonders that Koh disappeared to fight the Minusaur with the new mecha. This is why Asuna got the finisher on Tankjou - and it was fantastic. I wonder how many sentai ago we have had a female destroy a commander - was ShinkenPink/Dayuu the last time?

The Tankjou/Canalo moment was a fun touch.

The concept of the dead coming back and spending time with their loved ones was splendidly executed and it positively surprised me. It definitely helped in connecting with the characters of both Asuna and Ui.

I really wish Sawai Miyuu comes back for more in the future.
Behold the Emperor!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Also, didn't she say in her dialogue that the Minusaur was born from her? Did they ever develop anything from that moment or did the details just fall away from my brain?

Also also, the profile on the Minusaur says it spawned on its own, so whaaaa?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Nope, it was literally the one line and then she never said anything more about it.

I mean, it means we got that guest actress back so I'm okay with that but at the same time damn they put absolutely no thought into explaining her appearance.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I liked this more than the average episode of this show. I liked more or less all the big action scenes in this episode. From Koh's brief scuffle with Tankjou in that strange other dimension, then to the climax to with the team's (Asuna's) final clash against Tankjou and the mecha fight taking place in-between worlds.

The mecha formation isn't super special compared to others we've had, and the effects of the green tunnel aren't exactly stellar, but I thought it was a really interesting change of pace from the usual fare. Mind you, I'm perfectly satisfied it was restricted to just this one time, since I'm sure I'd get sick of it if it were to appear even twice.

The character beats and the heartstring-tugging moments with Master Pink and Ui's mom are very straightforward, but it was effective enough on me to make feel sad and go 'aaaw nooo'. On the opposite side of that, Creon's bit of grief did got a good laugh out of me.

I don't mean to turn this post into faint praise, but it might just be because my expectations of this show aren't usually higher than 'mildly entertaining', and this one was 'very decently entertaining'.

Regarding where the Minusaur even came from, I thought it was weird too. I think we might just have to accept that there will be some Minusaurs that manifest by themselves if the emotions tied to them are strong enough, which... doesn't entirely really sense because that would mean Minusaurs would have been a problem long before the series even started, but the first episode implied otherwise. But if I were forced to explain it, I'd say the Druidon's presence alone makes that possible. ...Hey, I didn't say I'd try very hard to explain it.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Just don't like how Koh get the upgrade form, why can't someone else use rather than Red (and 6th)? Until this ep, Koh still has weak personality, just brave without thinking.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:29 pm I know we get the cool pink versus Tankjou fight, but it still irks me that any mecha fight in this series is basically a red thing (Stop hogging the chest pieces!)
I know that Toei are promoting toys but Ryusouls alone does not seem to promote anything, the Kishiryuu themselves are because it can be use to modify new form and combination on Tyramigo and Mosa Rex. As far as toy review goes, most of the coloured Ryusouls (not the one that has grey body like Tsuyo Soul, Muki-muki soul and so on) comes in set together with the Kishiryuu related or transformation item. My thoughts is that the method of promotion for this kind of toyline in the episodes are, for me, plainly TERRIBLE! It is too much being solo type of episode for mecha fight. Sentai works as a team, not individual. They use too much divide and conquer strategy for merely every episode. Toei should ditch the word "Sentai" from the title of this series and demote other core members as support characters, leaving only Koh and Canalo as protagonists. It would be appropriate to call this Kishiryuu Rider Ryusoulger/Ryusoul Red and Ryusoul Gold/Kamen Rider Koh and Kamen Rider Canalo. Whatever it is, I am not calling this a Sentai.

Go-Busters seems to have this pattern but they only made Hiromu used CB-01 and Tategami Li - Oh solo only for the transformation form, not combination with other mecha.
kangchan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:08 am Just don't like how Koh get the upgrade form, why can't someone else use rather than Red (and 6th)? Until this ep, Koh still has weak personality, just brave without thinking.
Toy promotion purpose. Demand by Toei Management and Board of Executives, something like that. But the fact that it is merely a Ryusoul is not really anything worth promoting by having Red and Gold wearing it.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

Haven't been able to watch since the SD version isn't downloading. Posted about in the tech support but don't know how long that will take. I would think people would freak out a bit when someone they know is dead is suddenly right in front of them and alive. Yeah I agree that the gattai isn't so thrilling this time around. To me it seems like the designers just went and "oh lets just take this apart this way and stick the pieces here, here and here." It's not like Go Go 5 where the arms reach out and grab the waist to mount the torso on it. Now those old school guys know how to make a epic gattai.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

Hey, it's the first time I'm in this Sentai Episode Thread. Why the SD Version isn't downloading ???

Is there any problem with the torrents ??? Just want to mention that. I can't download the HD Version with my BitTorrents. And Thanks again for subbing this 4th dinosaur Sentai team

Can't waith to see Koh use the new Kishiryuu powers (Upgrade Form)
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I just wanna say, the transformation scene was pretty good...

...but then the standby music came on. *sigh*
Slowking wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 pm - Are Koh, Melto and Asuna the only three left from their own Ryusoul tribe?
There's also the tribe's elder who was in two episodes and somehow owns kebab van.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Take, I reject your statements of the 5 Ryusoulgers being chumps.

Only 4 of them are. Bamba is carrying the team hard.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:55 pm Take, I reject your statements of the 5 Ryusoulgers being chumps.

Only 4 of them are. Bamba is carrying the team hard.
This is fair lol
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

In a way, this felt like everything I wanted the last episode to be, so that's an easy win for me. There's more drama (appropriate for the premise), a more teacher-y Master Pink, and a somewhat deeper take on Creon and his original master. If one views it as a Red- and Pink-focused episode without the context of Red already having gotten a powerup, I don't think it was that bad; I'm not sure if I'd call this my favorite episode yet (in particular, Koh suffered from not having enough to do beyond the opening act to justify the powerup scene), but it certainly had my favorite opening five minutes of any episode thus far and Tankjou's death felt like a far more satisfying close than his last two. Perhaps keeping the Druidon non-giant was key to keeping some of the episode's humanity intact?
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”