Ryusoulger 23 Released!

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

★★★★★
6%
★★★★
13%
★★★
6%
★★
25%
50%

Total votes: 16
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Ryusoulger 23 Released!

Post by Lunagel »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.38 / 5 (8 votes)

This episode can go fuck itself because it's a pointless recap episode but it can ESPECIALLY GO FUCK ITSELF because it has 79 EFFECT LINES FUCK YOU THERE ARE ONLY 334 LINES OF DIALOGUE SO 20% OF THIS EPISODE IS EFFECTS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

KanaeSoul is particularly bullshit too but I'm still mad about the effects.

Melto... You're a pedo.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ryusoulger 23 Released!

Post by takenoko »

"Buy our toys then make sure you take good care of them."

Why are we only now learning where Ryusouls come from? Feels like this would have been better in the first 5 episodes of the series. World build your shit, Toei

Fuck you, Koh, who are you to tell people to calm down.

Finally, Melto does something smart by seeing through Wiseru's disguise

Wait, why are you guys throwing away the magic lamp. How stupid are the Ryusoulgers?

>Melto... You're a pedo.

It's okay because she's 120 years old
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Only saving grace was probably the new songs - which I'm not even 100% sure they are new.

So they are teasing us with the whole "Koh gets Souls we don't get", "Koh is the only one who can speak to Souls" and "DimeVolcano has only accepted Koh". Sorry Asuna but toy sales mean you won't be getting an upgrade.

Either introduce the limited lifespan of the Souls in the first few eps, or make it that the Ryusoulger have no clue about it and are caught by surprise. I'm completely not buying the apparent Soul hunting they do off-screen (or the trading they've been doing so far).

The Melto stuff at the end was cool and he's starting to be my second favourite, after Asuna.

Throwing away the wish like that was baaaaaaaad.
Behold the Emperor!
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

I mean, look at the bright side. It can't get worse than this.

Or can it...?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The New Years clip show I get, because it usually breaks up to tense arcs and have a major plot revelation.

This feels like a clip show for a medium budget anime trying to pad episode length.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

For no particular reason, I'm going to say that last year's episode where Keichiro's memories turned into clip-show photos was better than this one.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

clip ep aside, I was thinking it was actually decent, and it was nice to see koh actually step up and be a fucking leader for once.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Bamba just giving Koh the soul he needs despite already having the one he's getting just proves he's the best member of the team.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I had forgotten that the end-of-August clip show was a thing. I wish Toei would forget too, and make it a regular episode instead.

-2 points for being a clip show

+1 point for explaining where babies RyuuSouls come from

-1 point for Melto being the latest in a long line of perverted blues

+1 point for Bamba being the only sane adult of the group
Lunagel wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:58 am < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.38 / 5 (8 votes)

This episode can go fuck itself because it's a pointless recap episode but it can ESPECIALLY GO FUCK ITSELF because it has 79 EFFECT LINES FUCK YOU THERE ARE ONLY 334 LINES OF DIALOGUE SO 20% OF THIS EPISODE IS EFFECTS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

KanaeSoul is particularly bullshit too but I'm still mad about the effects.

Melto... You're a pedo.
Luna, I'm sorry, but I got a tremendous laugh out of this. :lol: I'm not laughing at you, but I wasn't expecting a rant like this when I opened up this thread. It's well-timed. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 am "Buy our toys then make sure you take good care of them."
The show admittedly exists to sell toys. But holy smokes, the first half of this episode really did feel like the actors walking us through the H1 toy catalog while encouraging us to buy stuff. It's a failing in the show when it's this transparent.
Fuck you, Koh, who are you to tell people to calm down.
The leader of the team. His word is law!
Wait, why are you guys throwing away the magic lamp. How stupid are the Ryusoulgers?
Very. And that's not an entirely smart-ass remark on my part. This is clearly not the smartest Sentai team; only Bamba and occasionally Koh can be relied on to not run around with the idiot ball.
>Melto... You're a pedo.

It's okay because she's 120 years old
(209 ÷ 2) + 7 = 112. Yep, the math checks out.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 am The New Years clip show I get, because it usually breaks up to tense arcs and have a major plot revelation.

This feels like a clip show for a medium budget anime trying to pad episode length.
I have to imagine the summer clip show is to give everyone a week off for a vacation. There's really no other need to do one at this juncture.
BreadToku wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:28 am For no particular reason, I'm going to say that last year's episode where Keichiro's memories turned into clip-show photos was better than this one.
It was better. It was less of an in-your-face toy commercial and more touching. It was a better character episode all-around.
Catastrophe wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:35 pm Bamba just giving Koh the soul he needs despite already having the one he's getting just proves he's the best member of the team.
#TeamBamba
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:51 amLuna, I'm sorry, but I got a tremendous laugh out of this. :lol: I'm not laughing at you, but I wasn't expecting a rant like this when I opened up this thread. It's well-timed. :lol:
I hate clip shows with a passion but I really hate it when they don't have anything interesting so they just throw in random sound effects. It's pointless and boring and makes my job like an hour or so longer than it has to be.

#BAMFba
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The only interesting tidbit was the explanation of what the souls are. Something that the last dinosaur series did really well in the normal plot.

Also, the Wish Soul was dumb.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

If I wanted to pick out one good thing about the episode, it would be that they resolved the issues I had with the duplication episode (around 6 minutes in). Looks like these are the real Ryuusoulgers after all.

Well, this episode tossed out a couple of storytelling rules. The story isn't completely without merit; it features a reasonably smart moment from Blue and a nice-if-you-turn-your-brain-off ending, in addition to somewhat interesting worldbuilding that I've basically always been willing to enjoy. But at the same time, between its lore being told rather than shown, its "wow" statements eclipsing the wonder that should be reserved for viewers, and the lack of clues for viewers until after the fact (casually dropping the "Melto-kun" conversation in a previous episode would have been ingenious on Toei's part), it ends up feeling like the bones, muscle and brain of a story have been heaped minimally into the same area with the assumption that they'll turn into a fully functional episode on their own. It's little surprise the episode's soul seems absent if they can't get the body right.

On the other hand, this was the first episode in a while that made me feel like Ryuusoulger was a potentially good series gone wrong, and for whatever reason, such "what could have been" points in the show feel more satisfying to me than the show's higher-quality episodes so far? Maybe I'm thinking of what a different series could do with this one's story bible, since I assume it has one.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:51 am The show admittedly exists to sell boys.
This makes so much sense.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

D'oh! Well there's a hell of a typo.:o
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

We all know that Sentai is made to sell toys, but "you can trade them, here, let me trade mine for yours, see, this is how you trade" is particularly blatant.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”