Ryusoulger 25 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:02 pm

★★★★★
8%
★★★★
33%
★★★
42%
★★
No votes
17%

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 25 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.7 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Using the power of space dinosaurs, a giant robot entered the internet

I admit, this was probably a better episode than I gave it credit for, I was just annoyed at all the ridiculous pseudo science in this. It's like each science idea gets more ridiculous as the episode progresses.

But there's a lot of good in this episode. I wish we had more Creon stuff. The music video was fun, and why don't we learn more about Creon's friend the music video guy?

So ummm... was there a lot left on the cutting room floor or something? Is the Kinnikin the guy who created the Minusaur or not? I'm very confused by the explanation here.

Why did Oto got her soul stolen off screen? Did they film it and cut it?

This whole episode is an origin story for the ending song? That's pretty great, actually

Preview:
I'm not even going to spoiler tag this. My reaction: "Oh right, Gaisorg is in this show..."
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 25 released

Post by Lunagel »

And the question I'm sure no one had on their mind: who the heck is that weird gangly dude with the glasses? It's Hyokkorihan, a comedian who's been pretty popular recently. Personally I'm not a fan as he's a bit of a one-note act (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqbUrFa0RPs) but man was he criminally underused here. He didn't even get to do the one gag he's famous for, that was given to Kreon with the "peek" line.

What a depressing internet world. I haven't seen an internet so boring since... no, that's the most boring internet I've ever seen.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

re the name change, it should be Crayon! the green things are obviously (melted/melting) wax! /s
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Episode aside, is it logical to think that the official naming was Kleon instead of Creon was because of copyright for existing Creon facts? I mean, for Kamen Rider Mach and Chaser's belt is called Mach Driver Honoh (official name but the toy pronounce Mach Driver) because Mach Driver was a name already to a golf club.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

This was a really weird episode altogether. Some parts worked; a bunch of other stuff did not.

Overall the plot was really disconnected/discombobulated. I'm not even sure what the moral of the story is supposed to be. Is Melto in the wrong for throwing a hissy fit and walking out? Or is Ui in the wrong for making them shoot the damn video 127 times? Somewhere there's a thread about video production requiring a lot of hard work, but then most people are paid for this kind of thing (see: the dancing pawn stunties), so that they aren't doing endless takes for free.

Meanwhile, I like that they're at least trying to develop Ui a bit more. But that doesn't really work when the actress is sidelined for plot reasons for almost the entire episode. We should be learning these things about her from her, not the comic relief father.

The evil plot of the week was also kind of kooky. Wiseru being vain is consistent with his character, but a Minusaur that doesn't grow is kind of odd since the entire overarching plot of the Druidons is to grow a Minosaur to kill everyone. Kooky episodes are practically a Sentai staple, but in this instance it comes off as kind of half-baked, like there was supposed to be a bit more to it that didn't make it into the episode.

The plot weirdness may or may not have something to do with the action as well. Did anyone else catch that the only actual hand-to-hand choreographed fight with the MOTW was Towa and Bamba's 50 second fight near the start of the episode? Everything else after that was special effects/CG, with the suited MOTW doing some spinning at one point. Instead, the big morphed fight is largely against the pawns. And yet, it's actually a step above the usual? There's some pretty good choreography in there, and even better, a couple of uses of wire-fu, the latter of which is surprising given that they were shooting in an enclosed forest.

Also, the random camera rotation before the transformation was random.

Meanwhile I'm starting to seriously wonder whether the production unit that handles all the mecha fights has gone on a long vacation or something. This is second time in the last 4 episodes that they pulled the "Kishiryuu-Oh fights the MOTW in another dimension" stunt. Which is a polite way of framing an all-SFX fight that doesn't involve any actual choreographed fighting between the robo and MOTW. In fact this is the 4th episode in a row without a proper robo fight; along with the 2 instances of fighting in another dimension, we had the clip show, and then last week's fight, which was all done with SFX as well. I can't recall any precedent for this; Sentai has never gone this long without a proper robo fight. It has me wondering if something has gone wrong over there...

On the plus side, I am legitimately impressed with Kleon's music video. It's a humorously silly idea, and the technical execution is really well done. Given how notorious Sentai's footsoldier suits are for being impossible to see out of, getting 4 mooks dancing (largely) in sync like that is genuinely impressive. Also, I assume that's Kleon's VA who's doing the singing?

I'm not sure what to make of the offiicial romanization being Kleon though. Even without knowing anything about the root language, as an English speaker it has all the hallmarks of a bad Engrish translation.

Finally, the award for the best expression in this episode goes to Bamba (again). His disdainful look when he's asked to dance is fantastic! :D

Encode issue: The audio is out of sync on the 720p encode again. I had to delay it 130ms to get it back in sync. This seems to be a pretty consistent issue with all of the encodes since switching sources
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:02 pm I wish we had more Creon stuff. The music video was fun
Kleon is in a strange place right now. The writers have been giving him a lot of attention, which is a good thing because he's an amusing character with his 4th wall antics and unappreciated underling nature. He's carrying the plot as far as the villains go. Meanwhile as part of that focus, it feels like the writers keep setting him up for some kind of heel-face turn, but then it never happens. So I'm really not sure where they're going with the character.
So ummm... was there a lot left on the cutting room floor or something? Is the Kinnikin the guy who created the Minusaur or not? I'm very confused by the explanation here.
It was him. However since it was an accident and Wiseru's plan didn't involve destroying humanity for once, they weren't doing anything to try to make the Minusaur grow.
Why did Oto got her soul stolen off screen? Did they film it and cut it?
It's possible they filmed it. However I suspect that they didn't. And instead her involvement in this episode is to give Canalo a personal stake. For whatever reason, the writers like to keep him amped up to 11.
This whole episode is an origin story for the ending song? That's pretty great, actually
Right? For all the weird stuff in this episode that didn't work well, that was one of the things that did. It's a cute way to tie the ending dance into the show proper. (It's still a lame song and dance, but I appreciate the creativity involved in the tie-in)
Lunagel wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 amWhat a depressing internet world. I haven't seen an internet so boring since... no, that's the most boring internet I've ever seen.
I had the same thought. Everything about that very low effort.:(
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

That music video and associated song is way better than the actual ending song and I sincerely want to not only own a full version but also for it to become the new ED.
Eternal_Winterbane
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Busters
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Eternal_Winterbane »

SO a few things that i picked up on regarding this episode.

I feel that both this series and Zi-O could have done with a longer time slot, impossible i know but 5-10 minutes more would have helped so much better and we wouldn't have to see the cut down versions. The Minusaur point actually makes more sense to me, it's similar to the Imagin concept, wish for something and the MOTW will carry it out in a different twisted way, same with the Minusaurs, but this one didn't really have to do anything because even without it's effect Kleon's video was going viral on it's own.

Speaking of Kleon, he is by far my favorite character since Aigallion and the rest. Even with the limited focus time on him he's always been enjoyable to see and i did feel for him all the way through this episode especially with Wizeru being a twit.

This show itself has the potential of being good even the stuff with Ui and her channel which when you think about it makes the ending song make more sense after this episode, it screams Ui imo, It's not as bad as Ninninger or Ghost and that's good, even Koh is likable enough.

Final Note regarding the spinning during the henshin, that was just Zi-o doing his henshin off screen xD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Why did they need Tyramigo to use Cosmo Raptor? Surely it could combine with MosaRex as well?

Once again, the day is saved because Bamba is around. God knows what would happen if he wasn't.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Why are we changing Creon's name now? The English appearance in the music video feels very arbitrary.

With him being a weird alien guy and there being no clear origin/explanation to his name, it feels like any interpretation for it would be valid. I just think it'd be less annoying to change his name since we've gone with Creon for the last 25 episodes.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:25 am Why are we changing Creon's name now? The English appearance in the music video feels very arbitrary.

With him being a weird alien guy and there being no clear origin/explanation to his name, it feels like any interpretation for it would be valid. I just think it'd be less annoying to change his name since we've gone with Creon for the last 25 episodes.
I definitely agree that changing a spelling mid-show like this is a bad call. Unless you're planning on re-releasing all the prior episodes to correct it as well. Having one spelling for half the show and another for the rest is just going to confuse and annoy anyone watching in the future.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:38 am Why did they need Tyramigo to use Cosmo Raptor? Surely it could combine with MosaRex as well?
Practical answer: I'm pretty sure the "internet" fight footage was all recycled from episode 22.
Once again, the day is saved because Bamba is around. God knows what would happen if he wasn't.
Oh without a doubt, they world would have already been destroyed. :lol:
bradrian
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Girls XD

Post by bradrian »

The Kleon music video is so obviously a Thriller reference I actually giggled outright.

EDIT:
I think this episode was one where the crew decided to try things to see what they could use for more important episodes. Sowing seeds for Kleon's disapproval of Wiseru, the 360 turn for the henshin, some of the gags. It looks like experimentation to me.
That being said, I agree with the others who have posted that this episode left a lot on the cutting floor.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

HowlingSnail wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:40 pm
takenoko wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:25 am Why are we changing Creon's name now? The English appearance in the music video feels very arbitrary.

I definitely agree that changing a spelling mid-show like this is a bad call. Unless you're planning on re-releasing all the prior episodes to correct it as well. Having one spelling for half the show and another for the rest is just going to confuse and annoy anyone watching in the future.
I also agree with this.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:53 pm I'm pretty sure the "internet" fight footage was all recycled from episode 22.
I haven't been paying enough attention to this series to notice that. Cheap bastards.
Stardrago has infiltrated the upper ranks of TV Nihon to make sure all Toeis shitty english is put in all the shows.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Deadrider50 »

Technical note: This episode and 24th episode has the audio out of sync. Please fix this.

The Ryusoulgers sure have a lots of fun dancing at the end of the episode. Are the ending song canon in the series now lol

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”