Is Kamen Rider more Sentai than Sentai itself?

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Is Kamen Rider more Sentai than Sentai itself?

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

So I don't know what's going on with Super Sentai anymore but it's not a good sign when Kamen Rider is able to take 5 main riders and make them feel relevant to the story. Quite frankly it's getting to be too much with all this red/auxillary-only power up stuff cause then its having the issue of why is the team even needed anymore when they get their asses whupped constantly
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Is Kamen Rider more Sentai than Sentai itself?

Post by takenoko »

When it's a red grandstanding series, I hate it. Ryusoulger is really bad, but at least the side characters are kind of fun when they are used. It's really bad when it's like KyuuRanger or Ninninger or Jyuohger where even the side characters aren't that interesting.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The biggest thing I don't get with the Red Grandstanding in this series, is that to me the Red doesn't feel like he should be the best.

Even in other series like Ninninger, the Red there was driven and so when they pushed him being way better than the others, I bought it a little. Koh doesn't give me that impression, especially because for the first 20 or so episodes, it was always Bamba who was saving everybodies ass.
Hind24P
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: Repülj te lángoló, tűzszínű zászló,
Vezess az éjek éjén át!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Hind24P »

Yeah, I have a feeling that some writers just chalk up the development of their Red or Red-like character as "he's Red, he's the leader, he's badass and awesome" and develop other characters instead, which in return, makes Red look like he's underdeveloped and more of a background character...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's not like they can't do it. Kyoruger had a well rounded cast despite still having red focus.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”