Ryusoulger 40 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:27 pm

★★★★★
36%
★★★★
27%
★★★
18%
★★
No votes
18%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 40 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 4.73 / 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: Where is Master Black and Master Green?

Sorta like how Asuna finally has to face the consequences to her gluttonous eating.

Melto looked pretty good with the cape. Too bad it's instantly ineffective

Wait, has Bamba and Towa's master been a dangling thread this whole time?

Wait, could they always have stood in the same cockpit together like that?

Why are these idiots all looking into the mirror that'll show you how you'll die

Who's Wuden again?

An amusing enough episode. Was this a Melto episode for him figuring things out or a Bamba episode for him doing everything to save his teammates' butts again? Hope this is foreshadowing Master Black's entrance.

I didn't put this together till I was working on the wiki page, but the monster is supposed to be an homage to Dai Satan from ZyuRanger. They even call him a Satan Minusaur
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Ryusoulger 40 released

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yeah, Master Black has been a dangling thread. Last mentioned by Gaisorg, when he quoted Master Black to Towa iirc. Nada then told us Master Green's fate - he was taken over by the armor and died.

Wuden was the commander with the cool mind-deathtrap, and that killed Nada. I MISS U NADA

Episode itself was fine. Felt like it tried to cram in a lot, but it didn't suffer overmuch from it. Since Melto was a child he's been afraid of... fear itself? And then the mirror's Minusaur is... actually the fog, but then the fog reads Melto's fear and takes that physical form? I think I'm doing all the legwork for the setup because the episode sure didn't.

And Koh's solution is just "don't be afraid guys :)" thanks bud
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Yeah this episode suffered from wonky writing. The whole bit about the fog was eh, alright I guess but trying to cram in the mirror was just weird. I had to go back and double check the line about "seeing your own death" to make sure I hadn't misunderstood it. (It's 自分の死ぬ姿が見えるっていう呪いの鏡…! if you want to check for yourself)

It feels like they maybe had a slightly longer bit about the mirror but it got cut for time? Cause no one saw themselves die.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Whoa, I forgot we had some lore bits with Master Black/Green already. Like even when we do get story bits, they just bounce off my brain since it's gone flat from how non-impactful everything is. Thanks for the recap, Verus!

/me double checks the writer. Oh yeah it's Yamaoka Junpei, the main writer. I don't know about this guy, he's not exactly wowing me with his writing so far.

Oooh, that definitely left an itch in my brain that I forgot to scratch. Why bother saying it's a mirror that shows death when we never see it? Did they just run out of money for the episode and go "f*** it" to the effects?
VerusMaya II wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 pm And Koh's solution is just "don't be afraid guys :)" thanks bud
Just smile your problems away! So easy!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:35 am Yeah this episode suffered from wonky writing. The whole bit about the fog was eh, alright I guess but trying to cram in the mirror was just weird. I had to go back and double check the line about "seeing your own death" to make sure I hadn't misunderstood it. (It's 自分の死ぬ姿が見えるっていう呪いの鏡…! if you want to check for yourself)

It feels like they maybe had a slightly longer bit about the mirror but it got cut for time? Cause no one saw themselves die.
Yeah, I was expecting them all to see their own deaths at the end when they looked at it, but nope. That would be too interesting for them I guess.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This was a strange episode.

It was better then the normal one (still not amazing), but it feels like it should have happened 20 episodes previously, given that it's about the team coming together to beat something tough.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I hate to be the one to say it: on the SD encode at least, the audio & video appear to be out of sync with each other. Unless it's just me. :(

No idea whether the other versions have the same problem.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

No, the SD version has the audio beginning while the picture is still there, so a desynchronization of around 3 seconds.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Fixed, thanks for notifying me
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

The main issue with this episode, in my opinion, is that it probably should've happened earlier, maybe around the time of the "cliff of trials" thing.

I'm thinking this minusaur costume would have been good as a final boss for the series? Then again, seeing as it's basically a reskin of Dai Satan, maybe not such a good idea.

Having all 6 in the mecha cockpit together probably should've been done from the very beginning of the series to be honest.

They're basically taking selfies with a freaking mirror...

5/5 Way above the series average.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:52 pm Fixed, thanks for notifying me
That's some fine fixing with a quick turnaround. Thank you TV-N! :D
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

CheetahLynx wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Having all 6 in the mecha cockpit together probably should've been done from the very beginning of the series to be honest.
Apart from the first episode which I can forgive because the context is emergency, they should have put everyone available in the cockpit regardless of what formation. That is what so wrong about this series right off the bat and really ruins any potential of being a decent Super Sentai series.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:00 am This was a strange episode.

It was better then the normal one (still not amazing), but it feels like it should have happened 20 episodes previously, given that it's about the team coming together to beat something tough.
This and the fact that the fear plot point just isn't fleshed out enough/doesn't make sense are my biggest complaints as well. You can see how it's the foundation of a good episode, but it needed tighter writing and it should have come earlier in the series.

Thanks god they finally put everyone in a shared cockpit though. It looks like it was done in a hurry rather than being planned well in advance - they just stuck everyone in the red cockpit - but I appreciate that an effort has been made to finally fix their earlier stupid choice.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”