Ryusoulger 48 Finale Released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:18 pm

★★★★★
6%
★★★★
63%
★★★
13%
★★
6%
13%

Total votes: 16
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Ryusoulger 48 Finale Released

Post by hiro9796 »

Wow, this is just the most plain episode ever for epilogue. I had no idea what to say. Sure there is the whole humanity morals going on there but me not indulging in this series made them look like plain words with no meaning.

Wow, Canalo, you are still single? Aren't you going after Narumi Akiko, your fight is already over? Did Oto got married with Melto and live together? You are okay with your sister jumping the queue before you, cause I personally don't want my sisters to get married before me.

Definitely had no idea what is going on even if some scenes got cut straight away to what just occurred at the start of this episode.
The only thing that got me going was Bamba and perhaps Asuna. Pity we did not understand Towa more.

I am just glad this Shit Sentai series had end and be forgotten. Hoping that Kiramager would have some logical explanations for things to work than just dropping very random hints that had no correlation whatsoever.
RangerJustify
Quote: Where there is life, there is the roar of justice.

Post by RangerJustify »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 am Soooooooo.....

.........................?

Kleon is Heras? But of a different planet? Huh? Then what...? Why? How? I've never seen a loose thread so badly wrapped up before.
Heras can create life. Kleon can create life. The fact that Wiseru mentions this means the "Heras of your planet" thing is just a metaphor. Come on, guys...
RangerJustify

Post by RangerJustify »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:18 pm
So everyone gets to wear the cool vests, but only to pilot the mecha... Great!
I know for sure that in a recent episode every single one of them fought in a "cool vest" outside the mecha.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:18 pm How is Koh talking to Heras in the after life? Is Heras god?
Koh's energy was absorbed. What we were looking at is more likely to be a representation of Koh's energy talking to his captor. This is how Koh could get out with the help of the fallen Ryusoul.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:18 pm Where did these Ryusoul kids come from?
Did anyone even remotely mention that those kids were Ryusoul kids? Nope! The real question should be where is the idea of these kids being Ryusoul kids coming from???Asuna opened a school and human kids are attending. The Ryusoul tribe-esque clothing is most likely just a uniform choice. Nothing more! Nothing less!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

RangerJustify wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:30 am
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 am Soooooooo.....

.........................?

Kleon is Heras? But of a different planet? Huh? Then what...? Why? How? I've never seen a loose thread so badly wrapped up before.
Heras can create life. Kleon can create life. The fact that Wiseru mentions this means the "Heras of your planet" thing is just a metaphor. Come on, guys...
Oh good, then Wiseru, Kleon and Pricious are all going off to live on a metaphor
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

The series itself has been kind of rubbish, but for all the ups and downs, this has been a pretty good finale. It's not perfect by any means, but it was better than what the show otherwise deserved, and was definitely entertaining.

The part that surprised me the most, actually, is how many risks this entire two-part finale took. Ryusoulger has been a pretty conservative/safe Sentai throughout, so I had been expecting something similarly by-the-numbers to the end. Instead we get last week's Matrix opening, and this week they made some really interesting style choices. "Artistic" is not an adjective I'd normally ascribe to Sentai, but shooting Koh in a watery void, talking with the voice of his creator, with shots filmed without color is definitely straying off the beaten path for Sentai and moving into something more artistic and/or metaphorical. Frankly it's just a bit deeper and less colorful/action-packed than I've come to expect of modern Sentai, and thus I reckon it's a bit of a risky choice, because 6 year olds aren't known for their long attention spans and appreciation for why a shot is in black & white.

Similarly, they took a big risk on that opening mecha fight by shooting it outdoors. There's a reason Toei almost never does that: you can't control scale. Even shot from down low to hide human-sized obstacles and force the perspective, you can't get around the things you can't control, such as the birds flying in the background. So while Toei was clearly trying to make it look like there was a mecha fight taking place in the blasted out ruins of a city - where nothing but the bare dirt has remained - generally what it looked like was a bunch of guys in suits fighting on a plain. The upshot of all of this is that they filmed that entire fight like a regular (non-mecha) fight. So along with the help of some CGI, we really got to see those suits move! One of the things the series established early-on is that the crew can move with more agility with some of the slimed down robo suits, so I'm glad we got to see that again.

Past that, the plot is okay. The finale paid off in as much as the dinos were sealed away as hinted at, and that Ryusoul Calibur wasn't quite up to the task of defeating Heras. Koh dying, if only temporarily, was unexpected (I hope he's a fan of tentacles!). I'm not terribly thrilled it means he got a bunch more solo screen time - we're pretty much Koh'd out at this point - but I do like how it led to the final fight being without him. So he was at least not stealing the scene, with the other rangers stuck with nothing to do in the background. It's a more graceful way of handling things than the series has done at other times.

Meanwhile we've had like 3 or 4 suitless (or at least non-standard) roll calls in a row now. While it risks overdoing the whole concept, I do like how this one turned out. Having them transform was solemnly walking towards the camera worked really well on an emotional level, and the CGI used for the effect looked great.

The finale was largely by-the-numbers everywhere else. The big bad is defeated by underestimating just what the heroes could do - all of whom were fighting in the name of their fallen comrade - and in the end the world was saved. The epilogues at the end were pretty typical for Sentai, but they were true to the characters (the Ryusoulgers, at least). I would have liked to have seen Cantaloupe actually find a wife after almost 40 episodes, but I suppose they need to maintain the status quo just a bit longer for next year's team-up, so that they can keep using that joke. Meanwhile, the less said about Melto and Otto the better; the show has kept that whole creepy thing going on to the very end.:|

I will of course miss Bamba. He was stoic (and shirtless!) to the end.:lol: Having such a serious, unflinching character was a nice change of pace from modern Sentai's tendency to make everyone a comedic character. (And it was nice of Master Black to stop by, after skipping out on the fight for the fate of the world)

And it was great to see Ui one last time. For as poorly utilized as that character was, she was still a core cast member; being Peace Conferenced was not a proper exit. Also, it's nice that they actually costumed her in something kind of flattering for once; her regular costume was so very, very ugly. (Which I realize was intentional, but still, they overdid the spaz look)

Ryusoulger didn't deserve a finale as good as this. But I'm glad it got it. It lets an otherwise messy series end on a high note.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:18 pm How is Koh talking to Heras in the after life? Is Heras god?
I mean, pretty much? She did create a whole bunch of life, after all.
What the fuck was the point of the Elder?
I maintain that it's an early series idea that went terribly sideways. Either he became unavailable, or the producers decided to take the show in a different direction. Either way, there would have been contractual obligations, so I'm assuming his final appearance here is part of that.
Lunagel wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 am Kleon is Heras? But of a different planet? Huh? Then what...? Why? How? I've never seen a loose thread so badly wrapped up before.
I'll go into this more when I get around to writing a post on the series discussion, but I am increasingly of the opinion that between episodes 41 and 42, the crew just threw out the series bible and any pre-written arcs, and decided to wing the rest of the series. The last 7 episodes are so very much unlike the 41 that came before them.

Anyhow, the entire Druidon arc seems to be a casualty of that. The writers wanted Kleon and Wiseru to live, and everything else follows from that. I'm personally interpreting the entire thing as a non-sequitur gag; it doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to make sense. How do you even begin to have a serious, plot-coherent ending where nothing bad happens to Kleon and Wiseru after all the problems they caused?

Ultimately Kleon and Wiseru needed some kind of ending, so why not have them walking off into the sunset to go on an intergalactic friendship adventure, with Pricious as their unwilling hostage? :lol:
Man, those random scratches on Koh's face look like some kid went into his mother's makeup and put lipstick on his face.
Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that.
And Ui actually showed up! Yay? It's hard to think of a character in Sentai who has been more badly used than she was. I don't know if the actress had a relapse of whatever illness she had before (still unconfirmed why she didn't show up for like 10 episodes?) or if it was just like this from the start, but there was probably some sort of sub-plot with her and Set that just got completely thrown out the window halfway through.
Agreed. Somewhere between writing out Ui and then seemingly throwing out the series bible, any plots for her, her dad, and Set seem to have been entirely discarded and re-written from scratch.
takenoko wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 pm Why does Pricious get to live after all the destruction he caused?
Because being taken hostage by Wiseru is a much better punishment than merely being dead. :lol:
Really, where did all these Ryusoul kids come from? Why does their village people disappear after episode 1 and then all the people (at least the kids) come back for the finale?
Unfortunately that's an aspect the show really dropped the ball on from the very first episode. I can't even begin to surmise what the plan was there. The Ryusoul civilization was never properly fleshed out.:(
Catastrophe wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:49 pm I guess the other thing that annoys me is that Wyzul and Kleon do fuck all. They don't explain how Wyzul survived and then he just accuses Kleon of being Heras from another planet. Except the Ryusoulgers knew about minosaurs from the start, so it was implied that the Druidons used them before. They just bring this shit up and do nothing about it. I did kind of enjoy the two of them kidnapping Pricious and forcing he/she (did we ever decide) to come on their intergalactic friendship adventure.
:lol: You win. I don't think there is any better description for their ending.
BreadToku wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:42 pm On top of taking our Red out of the action, thus leaving the rest of the team to save him, the little moment Koh has inside Heras felt really special. I don't have nearly as much attachment as the show clearly wishes I do, but the shots of past scenes appearing in the water surrounding Koh was well-done enough that it made me smile and focus on the parts of this show I've been most fond of, at least.
Right? It's an oddly sentimental and artistic take on things for a Sentai. It doesn't entirely work since Koh is Koh, but it's easy enough to see what they were going for.
Lunagel wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:24 pm This is why the internet is horrible for rumors.

UI'S ACTRESS WAS NOT PREGNANT, THIS IS JUST BASELESS SPECULATION

We don't actually know why she wasn't in so many episodes. There's nothing on her personal blog and no announcement by her agency (fairly common most of the time, they prefer to protect the actor's privacy). She was sick and hospitalized like a year or two ago and it's thought that she MIGHT have had a relapse but we don't know for sure.

NOT PREGNANT
In all seriousness, even if she was pregnant, what they put her in for this episode is not what you'd use to hide it. While loose fitting, billowy clothes is the right idea, you do it with dark colors - black, crimson red, etc. A light grey is not going to hide anything from the camera.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Geez, they equipped their super armours yet you know what disappoints me, they don't get to display that power on ground. Its hard enough to see Towa uses some super armour but him using Cosmo Soul yet the weapons was Tigelance and Milneedle. Pretty much I expect they use those armours finishers before moving on to giant boss fight.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I cannot wait for what type of BS that the writers are going to pull for the Ryusoulgers to get their powers and mecha back in the eventual Kiramager VS Ryusoulger movie. It's probably on the same levels of BS that the writers did for Drive.

Koh is probably Dino Jesus at this point.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by windfall »

So I don't hate it. But there were tons and tons of story issues. I can only imagine something going horribly awry behind the scenes for them to give us such a disjointed season. Never mind the whiplash from arc to arc, sometimes it felt like the story within an episode would go off the rails. Overall, I did enjoy many of the plot elements that happened in the season, but rarely was any of it set up properly or deftly executed. Over and over again it felt like the they knew they wanted X to happen but couldn't nail down a coherent or logical way to make it happen. So the story just sort of chugged along nebulously until they ran out of time and they just made X happen with some random explanation.
Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 am I cannot wait for what type of BS that the writers are going to pull for the Ryusoulgers to get their powers and mecha back in the eventual Kiramager VS Ryusoulger movie. It's probably on the same levels of BS that the writers did for Drive.

My money is on Dino Hope.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

windfall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:57 am
Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:56 am I cannot wait for what type of BS that the writers are going to pull for the Ryusoulgers to get their powers and mecha back in the eventual Kiramager VS Ryusoulger movie. It's probably on the same levels of BS that the writers did for Drive.

My money is on Dino Hope.
Yeah, I am so not looking forward for that. (With sarcasm)
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

least I wasn't the only one... Virge, well said. I agree with you on a lot. on an artistic level... yeah, they pushed it and went for some different things
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

In the roll call: Shouldn't it be "six swords"?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:49 pm In the roll call: Shouldn't it be "six swords"?
Well, it was five though because Canalo does not use Ryusoul Ken. The roll call with all six together was these "righteous souls", no number, no weapon name. The subs was not wrong. The script was like that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:49 pm In the roll call: Shouldn't it be "six swords"?
/me facepalms

I always c/p the roll call and I completely forgot to change 5 to 6. Agh. v2!
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Oh sorry, now I noticed. But this series is forgotten, sort of
RangerJustify

Post by RangerJustify »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:12 am
RangerJustify wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:30 am

Oh good, then Wiseru, Kleon and Pricious are all going off to live on a metaphor
... I hope you aren't being literal. I'm just saying Kleon can populate a planet instead of what it seemed your initial post was implying... that Heras was somehow intrinsically linked to Heras in some way.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”