P-Bandai RyuSoulKen Memorial Edition announced (DX toy gets CSM'ed)

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

P-Bandai RyuSoulKen Memorial Edition announced (DX toy gets CSM'ed)

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Dengeki Hobby has the link.

The blade & the handle are extended for accuracy based on in-show props. The item will have lines & BGM from the show.

Preorders start soon, ends 4/20/20. Item rolls out 9/2020. Apt that this was announced after Hasbro announced what they were going to adapt for PR's next series.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: P-Bandai RyuSoulKen Memorial Edition announced (DX toy gets CSM'ed)

Post by takenoko »

Remember that mediocre series that ended almost 2 months ago? How would you like to buy a toy replica of the sword?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It does seem like an odd pick. They've only done full length Rider swords twice I believe, and even then they were highly anticipated sets.

It still doesn't look as long as the prop regardless.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I am pretty sure I would like to see what the actual Memorial VS Changer look like compared with the DX version. Cause Ryusoul Ken is not my taste. If the Sword Art Online swords, that would be fantastic.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by windfall »

I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of making a toy that's more screen accurate but at the same time not going all the way and making it actually screen accurate.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

windfall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:02 am I don't understand why they would go through the trouble of making a toy that's more screen accurate but at the same time not going all the way and making it actually screen accurate.
I know right? Even DX Version was like at least half the price of a CSM/Memorial/Artisan yet for a role play sword, the length is just stumpy and is about a real spatula for cooking. I know its for kids but I am not sure if Japanese kids actually dumped all their previous sword toys for new ones. Cause that is a complete waste if they do. The only toys that made realistic and real size in real life as far as I remembered from toy reviews are the collectibles (Gaia Memories, Medal, zecters, ranger keys, ryusouls, cards, belt buckle) and Zyuoh the World's torchlight changer. Pretty much Kamen Rider toys is already show accurate on the belt buckles and gimmicks but Sentai really is hard to have like that usually. I am 100% sure Bandai know safety features for toys with soft plastics but why bother making stumpy weapon toys even if that cuts the budget on the long run for production in the first place?? Their work is high quality for most of the robots and don't break so easily with sacrifice for major articulations, I can give that 5 stars but what's with the stumpy weapons?? I thought it was among their principle to cherish what you bought and keep your childhood memory of this certain series when you grew up? Guess I am wrong on this part but that is the definition of collector more than anything else? Cause even in my country, its hard to see high quality toys like Bandai but everywhere ripoffs which broke so easily after once or twice of playing for robots and figures. But I am pretty sure, the swords are substantial in length despite the poor quality.

And if you are asking why make all the trouble for that? Money, that is one thing. Second, lots of fans out there, me slightly, demanding adult size toy, for the Kamen Riders belt look show accurate instead of some plastic straps with lots of holes. Surely enough, they predicted this and decides to do it, not to mention Ryusoulger is the new Power Rangers 2021 plus even Korea company completely skipped Lupin VS Pat just for dinosaurs. Although, I honestly want the memorial VS Changer if their handle is slightly longer. Right now, I can't comment whether I really want it despite the cost because the item is not released yet and no one is reviewing them to compare with DX Version. It only said revamped but no mention whether there is a slightly size change apart from the sounds included. I am pretty sure CSM toys came way earlier in Japan then being export internationally.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”