LVSP VS Ryusoulger released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Re: LVSP VS Ryusoulger released

Post by Gekko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 am
Kamen Rider Blade wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 am Can you make a version without Episode Zero?

Alot of us already have Episode Zero of Kirameiger
Just skip it, or delete the old file, this one is Blu-ray source
Plus removing Episode ZERO in this movie may make the ending scenes no sense.
TorchWood wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:48 pm Spotted a typo.... 5:21 "Gauche's text subject?"
Also if I may add, a minor typo (or maybe not).

At 22:02, "He a new Global Police member?"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Gekko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:54 am
Lunagel wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 am

Just skip it, or delete the old file, this one is Blu-ray source
Plus removing Episode ZERO in this movie may make the ending scenes no sense.
TorchWood wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:48 pm Spotted a typo.... 5:21 "Gauche's text subject?"

In QC I suggested releasing Episode Zero/Precure dance separately since we had released it two times before already. Figured people didn't want to download it again since it has zero connections with the Ryusoul VS LVSP plot

It'll make it easier to archive later too since we can have the first part in the Ryusoul batch and the latter in the Kiramager batch
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

the Gokai Change was unexpected, however ... Arent Good Striker and Jack Pot Striker BOTH Dail fighters that can open safes? then we could have had THREE mecha in battle. LupinKaiser, Patrankaiser Rex, and King Kishiryu-oh, effectively giving patran kaiser rex some screen time.

Kinda like how the Lupins fell completely off radar and the couldnt find them. its a good story and did justice to each of the characters uniqueness, but i feel for a VS movie it fell a bit short, the Vs with Kyuranger felt more gratifying despite how hollow it kinda felt, its almost like they forgot how to do a good VS movie or dont care about it anymore.

we need a v-cinema of LuPat to explain how they got to where they were in this movie.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I want to like this movie. But man, I'm afraid I'm going to nitpick it to death.:(

First off, I can't help but be very irked by the lack of a mecha fight. Not only is that a staple of the series - and this is a theatrical movie, no less(!) - but the entire plot of this episode was the Ryusoulgers getting their mecha back. It's practically breaking the Chekhov's Gun principle by bringing up the mecha right away and then not using them. I want giant robots in my Super Sentai!

Second, I feel like this movie did the Lupinrangers dirty. While we got the character appearances, the story itself pretty much undid the series finale. Now the Lupins are back together, and are hiding from their loved ones - people who in turn went through great lengths to get them out of the Don's safe. It rather forcefully rolls back the Lupins' plot, and the thing is that I don't understand why the writers even did it. Nothing about this movie needed the Lupins to be loners again.

And while I wasn't seriously expecting this movie to bring closure to the Arsene Lupin plot, as the final LvP production I'm none the less bothered by it. The entire series was about the Lupins trying to recover all of the collection pieces in order to bring back Arsene (among others). This isn't something they accomplished in the series proper, and they missed their last chance to bring closure to the plot in the VS movie. The series made such a big deal about what might happen if all the pieces were collected; I really wanted to see how that would turn out.

Also, what's in the box? Noel goes through so much effort through the entire movie to get that treasure chest back, and then we never actually get to see what was inside. Lame! :(

At any rate, now that I've gotten that out of my system, there were a bunch of other parts I enjoyed. For example, Bamba is fantastic, and he needs to be in more things! Meanwhile, like Takenoko already pointed out, this was more a LvP movie guest-starring the Ryusoulgers. And despite how uneven that sounds, I'm okay with it. The writers generally focused on the strongest characters, and even if that included Noel, the movie was all the better for it. Also, the pinks totally don't get along.:lol:

I have to say, I didn't see the Status Gold thing coming. It's rare that Sentai throws out a good twist - so many things are telegraphed way in advance, or are arbitrary. That uped the stakes in a very believable way. Though a lot of that good will gets wasted when the Big Bad decides to wait an extra day to take over the world...

I think someone else mentioned this as well, but they brought back LvP's style of dynamic camerawork for some of those shots, and it was as fantastic as ever. I've really missed that kind of shooting. Kiramager has been incredibly conventional in that respect, so seeing LvP's style again really highlights the difference.

Finally, for as well as the movie was going, I do feel like they kind of dropped the ball at the climax. Needing more dial fighters to unlock the safes was an interesting conundrum. However solving it by cloning the Lupins was incredibly anti-climatic. There's nothing really clever about it, and it just sort of happens.:(
takenoko wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 am Is Ganima made up of preivous monster suits?
It's nothing I immediately recognize, at least.
Like the random pairing offs at the end. Tooma and Asuna just randomly getting along is such a clash of personalities
It really is. Asuna is almost exactly opposite Touma's personality. I feel like the writers were just stuck with that one. They had better pairings for everyone else, which meant the foodies became the leftovers.
Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 am I didn't expect the new Ryusoul was going to be a Gokaiger change.
One could argue that Toei hasn't stopped doing Gokai changes since 2010, given all the nostalgia projects and other throwbacks they do...
CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:10 pm My god, I forgot how much of a showoff Noel was with all those flips.
When you've got it, flaunt it! It's always impressive looking, but they kind of overdid it by having him show off so much in a 50 minute movie.
takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:08 am In QC I suggested releasing Episode Zero/Precure dance separately since we had released it two times before already. Figured people didn't want to download it again since it has zero connections with the Ryusoul VS LVSP plot

It'll make it easier to archive later too since we can have the first part in the Ryusoul batch and the latter in the Kiramager batch
For what it's worth, that's what I was going to suggest as well even before reading this post. It should have been 3 parts: the VS movie, Episode Zero, and then the dance. Now I'm stuck with a movie file that simultaneously belongs in my LvP folder, my Ryusoulger folder, and my Kiramager folder. :lol:
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Great insightful post as always Virge. I probably thought it subconsciously, but yeah, those are some major bummers for the Lupins. Like why close it out for them like that, since that implies all the progress they made in showing the Pats that they have good intentions is undone. Implying that the Pats are still mindlessly hunting down the Lupins for no reason

Oh, and I changed your post a bit for readability. You originally wrote "closing the LupinRangers" instad of "cloning".
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 pm Oh, and I changed your post a bit for readability. You originally wrote "closing the LupinRangers" instad of "cloning".
Thanks! I wrote most of that post half-asleep, so apparently I'm making all sorts of typos today. :oops:
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Ahh this marks the last time we'll see that Lupinrangers. This makes me sad. I really did love them
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

side note; be nice if we could pick up Precure. ^_^
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Gekko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:54 am

Encoding a v2 to fix the "text subject" line, but 22:02 is normal (slangy) English
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wouldn't even say its slang at this point.
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gekko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 pm
Gekko wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:54 amEncoding a v2 to fix the "text subject" line, but 22:02 is normal (slangy) English
Oh, that's cool. Guess I'm not really used to slang English. But it's still cool.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Things I just realises
1. No Pricious or Wyzul
2. No Ui or Naohisa or Jim or Hilltop or Kogure on screen
3. The Lupinrangers do have 10 safe cracker? If they separate Scissor and Blade, you get 9 because blade can open crack by itself so Scissor should be too. Plus making Lupin Magnum on human size transformation and had it touch a safe alongside blade, you get 10. That's just a theory for Lupin Magnum be on human size.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm gonna miss LVSP, but it was nice to see them all one last time. This really isn't so much of a 'send-off', since there's still so many threads that will forever go unresolved, but I guess I had long since accepted that. As always, the biggest appeal of the VS movies is just seeing the two (or three!) teams interact, and it felt exceptionally nice this time. Everything from the highlights like Keichirou and Bamba all the way to smaller things like Umika running into Oto was just fun to see unfold. And while it was really brief and didn't really say much that hadn't been said before, I appreciated the brief conversation between Kairi and Keichirou as they shared canned coffee, reminding me how that was a lot of where the heart in their show lied.

Beyond the lack of mecha though, I think my personal biggest nitpick is that the big role-call is once again done with each show's respective stock footage. For a VS, I really think it warrants a 'live' role-call of all of them with the backdrop of just the scenery. Also they should have had Noel go twice to cover both Lupin X and Patren X! I'm sure it would have been appropriate and also made for a funny joke.
ViRGE wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm Also, what's in the box? Noel goes through so much effort through the entire movie to get that treasure chest back, and then we never actually get to see what was inside. Lame! :(
I'm pretty sure the box itself was a Lupin Collection piece.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

BreadToku wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:15 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm Also, what's in the box? Noel goes through so much effort through the entire movie to get that treasure chest back, and then we never actually get to see what was inside. Lame! :(
The box is the piece "Vieillis avec moi" (grow old with me) and it's pretty heavily implied that it's the same box as was given to Urashima Taro in the old legend
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:44 am
BreadToku wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:15 am

The box is the piece "Vieillis avec moi" (grow old with me) and it's pretty heavily implied that it's the same box as was given to Urashima Taro in the old legend
Which sentai series is this a reference to?

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”