KR Zero-One 09 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:50 am

☆☆☆☆☆
77%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
No votes

Total votes: 26
NightdyneMesa
Quote: Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be.
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Zero-One 09 released

Post by NightdyneMesa »

The mecha bits remind of Zi-O so much, are they going to go with this moving forward? I guess that sells toys so maybe it does work.

Izu running that fast was so cute and she's just so reliable. They had that one moment where sparks should be coming out of their faces if it was an anime lol.

Glad to know Fuwa's going to live but now he's going to be really conflicted with how he fights. I hope he finds his new resolve.

Yua seems to have changed and is showing more humanity despite being so cold and calculating earlier. Izu calling her out on it meant that she did change. It was her but it "wasn't", I get that. Looking forward to ep. 9, the actor seems familiar. I think I've seen him in either Hero or Legal High.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was probably a little weaker than Zero-One's best episodes - if only due to the mecha fight - but I still enjoyed it.

This is going to be a really odd thing to compliment, but I liked how they showed the effects of shutting down the hospital Humagear. It wasn't overdone (the place didn't suddenly burst into panic and start burning down), but it also wasn't underdone (they were suddenly short a bunch of medical personnel). So it helps to reinforce the seriousness of the situation without distracting from the main plot.

I'm less enthused about the mecha fight, as those always feel out of place in KR, and this one is no different. I assume we'll see it half a dozen times and that's it. I will, however, give the crew credit for having the mecha be the bulk of Three beamed in from space. I can safely say I was not expecting that. :shock:

As an aside, I was trying to figure out how Giga was related to the Mammoth key, because the Mammoth Magear was defeated a couple of episodes back. However when Giga is destroyed, we see a brown key flying off in the explosion, which would seem to be the evil Mammoth key. So I guess they were indeed using Mammoth to control Giga?

Meanwhile, on a character note, I find it refreshing that the characters' personalities are being allowed to develop at a faster pace. In most KR series, you'd see characters like Fuwa and Yua essentially double-down on their beliefs in order to drive conflict over the length of the series. Here, while they haven't entirely changed their tune in the span of 9 episodes, they are developing more nuanced worldviews as all of this crazy stuff happens around them. Though I will also note that we're still early in the series, so it remains to be seen if the writers can continue building off of this in a meaningful manner later in the series.

Finally, the show is on break for November 3rd?! What other show or sporting event dares to interrupt Kamen Rider?! :(
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:20 am
Finally, the show is on break for November 3rd?! What other show or sporting event dares to interrupt Kamen Rider?! :(
Collegiate marathon relay-race
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

... Episodes like these I miss the CG in Gaim.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Kogashi wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:21 am ... Episodes like these I miss the CG in Gaim.
Suika Arms surely wasn't that much better.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

BreadToku wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:18 am
Kogashi wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:21 am ... Episodes like these I miss the CG in Gaim.
Suika Arms surely wasn't that much better.
It wasn't.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Good episode, surprised they fell onto relying on another CGI heavy fight so soon though, it felt pretty clunky as far as climaxes go. Character development is slow but steady, and at least the characters are thus far sticking to their personalities for how they act and react to everything. I wish I didn't have to keep comparing it Zi-O in the back of my brain, but haven't shaken it thus far. Having a duplicitous female Rider is an interesting choice at least, and we're still left wondering what ZAIA even aims to do in the middle of this mess, they were moving to mass produce Progrise Key weapons long before MetsubouJinrai started moving again and yet they're already pushing past their initial armament production into new larger mass prototypes based just on stolen tech. Smacks heavily of Smart Brain and Yggdrasil behavior.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

interesting episode but im not feel right put giant mechas on KR franchise, thats why we have super sentai...
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Um is 01 on break this week? iirc i used to remember seeing post on homepage telling if there's a break for the week, U guys don't do that anymore?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sorry! I was on a little vacation last week, so I'm doing a lot of catchup! Just one of those things that slipped through the cracks.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Yeah, those happen a lot lately.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well I'm honestly surprised on how good the Show is going thus far, the only Major "wait what?" would be Horobi(?) stating in Episode 6 or 7 that they can't know about the Ark (which is probably the Satellite that they wanted to shoot up to control daybreak city in the first Place), and starting with Ep.8 he just slaps it in everyones Face...

Also he sets up Dodo Assasin two times to kill Zero-One, then he himself has 01 down and grounded, after kicking Fuwa into oblivion an Episode prior, and just let's him lay there, I mean he didn't even break his Transformation, surely some half baked Move coming from someone who is bend on killing Humanity and trying to kill 01 since 3 Episodes.

Apart from that it felt a bit weird that the ytotally disregarded the Appareance of Gigas for the 2nd half of Episode 8, so lucky for them that it was just used as a hacking tool instead of stomping down the whole Hospital in one swoop, and why are there already 3 of them in the Aims Hangar, didn't sound like they testet them that much, and how would Izu find Data about the Hiden Version of Gigas by looking at the Mammoth Key, doesn't feel that linked apart from appearances.

Anyways still have a good feeling about this all episodes would be somewhere between 4 and 5, my only concern being that they use up to much Fuel in the first Ark, and then don't know what to do with the upcoming ones.

And must say that the Suit Designs are pretty great and diverse too, specially like Lightning Hornet, andI like how they look a bit Dated especially 01 Base Form, but still somehow have a fresh touch to them. Only the Suitcase Weapons are a bit blunt.

As for the Characters they feel solid for the current state, but hopefully keep advancing, especialy I hope for a good ark for Yaiba, love how plain and forgetable she appears at times, but on the same Note feels like a Spy/Double Agent.
Also kinda hope that Horobi is a Human, cause his "Gear" looks really forced upon, and that either Fuwa or Yaiba are a Humagear in return.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”