KR Zero-One 02 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
13%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
3%

Total votes: 39
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Zero-One 02 released

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm LOL. Come on guys, we know it's supposed to be bad, you're not explaining anything people don't understand.

It's still annoying, and it's not that funny a bit.

You can put a character in a story that's supposed to be annoying to their fellow characters. But it's still bad writing if that same character is annoying for the audience.
I see it as exactly the opposite. I find it to be good writing when you have a character with a trait that everyone, even the audience finds annoying, but it doesn't overtake his other traits. Artuo tries way to hard to make people laugh, but he's also loyal, believes in the value of humagears, and is pretty capable in a fight. Also, coming out and explaining that the attacks are a work of a hacker group instead of keeping that info under wraps is a pretty shrewd move. So you tend to over look the bad joke thing.

At any rate, I doubt we see it too much going foward. Maybe it'll crop up every few episodes or so. But as the show goes on, I have a feeling they'll get better and better. Just my $0.02
Lanay
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: TOO SOON!

Post by Lanay »

A question to the translator team: will you guys also translate the henshin course video?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 am I see it as exactly the opposite. I find it to be good writing when you have a character with a trait that everyone, even the audience finds annoying, but it doesn't overtake his other traits. Artuo tries way to hard to make people laugh, but he's also loyal, believes in the value of humagears, and is pretty capable in a fight. Also, coming out and explaining that the attacks are a work of a hacker group instead of keeping that info under wraps is a pretty shrewd move. So you tend to over look the bad joke thing.
I guess it depends on the context. There's definitely been times in the past where I've encountered a character that was supposed to annoy his fellow characters, but the audience was supposed to like. Those situations are a failure in writer intention.

Aruto here is supposed to be bad, and the audience is supposed to groan along with the characters on screen. But how annoyed I'll be with it is if they decide to cram this shitck into every episode. Yeah, they're still setting him up as a character, but I'm already tired of his failed comedy act. It's the minorest of complaints in a solid show so far.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

For me, it isn't that irritating. It's nothing like Lucky.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

There have been multi rider shows several times in the past but they never really felt like Sentai to me. There's a difference between working together and working as a team. Not to mention that riders are often at odds with one another for various reasons.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Lanay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 am A question to the translator team: will you guys also translate the henshin course video?
Yeah, let me go grab that. We probably should, just don't know when.
Dengar wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:40 am There have been multi rider shows several times in the past but they never really felt like Sentai to me. There's a difference between working together and working as a team. Not to mention that riders are often at odds with one another for various reasons.
Sorry, but what is this a response to? Did someone claim that Riders felt like a Sentai
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Sorry, it was in reference to this.
Kurow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 am This is a nice start and chance of pace from the recent kamen rider series. The weekly bad guys can now henshin and we got a secondary rider just on episode 2? Well looks like this is going to be more like a super sentai than the traditional kamen rider and hopefully we will get a good female rider with enough screen time on this show.

The "Raging Demon" style that they use after each finishing move looks very cool and its something that we have saw somewhere else but not here yet.

5/5 episode and a good start for sure.
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

That scene where their skill's name appears is so reminding me of the anime Kill la Kill
sdsichero

Post by sdsichero »

I liked it. Didn't love it, but enjoyed it. I find Fuwa to be a little too intense and insubordinate. I also don't really like the secondary rider suits that much (was waiting to see it in action). Like the bike, but don't like that it transforms from something smaller. The Mamoru thing is confusing and should have been handled better. I would guess he didn't blow up and was reset, but I could be wrong (I find the bandana thing confusing if not). Still having fun, looking forward to a female rider in a lead role.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Cross wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:55 am That scene where their skill's name appears is so reminding me of the anime Kill la Kill
The guy who did Ex-Aid is running Zero-One. Ex-Aid had all the finisher attacks show up on screen. He also likes multi rider series with evil riders clearly.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Mamoru appearing at the end was a really nice touch. I know it wasn't properly explained, but I would like to think that Aruto rebuild him using the company's resources and then tie the handkerchief on his arm as sort of a little reminder of the old Mamoru. The writers didn't need to put in little things like this, but it's much appreciated.

Two episodes in and I'm quite invested in Zero One already. Excellent world building and follow up on Aruto's character journey from the first episode. We also get to know Fuwa and Yua a little more, and I like how contrasting those two are. Vulcan is cool and all, but somehow Zero One still takes the spotlight for me. Maybe it has to do with me being more invested in Aruto's story and his battle with Mamoru have more emotional weight. I'm so hyped to see Yua transform next!

Zero One has a really cool theme song and the villain's theme song is no slouch either. The only thing I find it hard to swallow is Aruto's jokes, but I'll let it slide considering how good this episode is.

Another 5/5.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I’m vested for now. Good episode due to narrative and backstory establishment, as well as a budding rivalry between Riders. Don’t screw this up, Takahashi.

Ryutaro Okuda's youtube is gonna get more subscribers.
Spoiler
Also, that shoutout to Mamoru from Amazons. Did you think I forgot, Takahashi?? You fucked over Final Judgement.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
NightdyneMesa
Quote: Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by NightdyneMesa »

The finisher attacks also remind me of Akuma's Raging Demon. The transformation looks really cool for both, it will take awhile for me to get used to Shooting Wolf. I dig the bike design and that bike action they had. Izu's just so cute, I'd probably be saying this all throughout the series lol.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”