KR Zero-One 03 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
59%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
3%
No votes

Total votes: 37
Actar
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Hanasaki Tsubomi
My boom: Stuff
Quote: Love what do do, do what you love.

Re: KR Zero-One 03 released

Post by Actar »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:58 amI don't know who That is supposed to be, but it's listed in the credits.
It's the AI that's voiced by Hidaka Noriko. She's a rather famous veteran seiyuu who's voiced some really great characters over the years. For this role, she's pretty much just using her Psycho-Pass Dominator voice which is cool but distracting. I suspect it's deliberate on their part. It kinda reminds me of when they got the GLaDOS voice actress to play the AI voice for the Pacific Rim robots. (^.^')
Video Reviewer of Anime Figures, Mecha and Merchandise. ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
- Channel - Blog
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Oh that old guy was the one who made them pick vegetables in Goseiger? I thought I recognised him.

Also man, I finally got one of the puns with my limited japanese, the ika ii ka one... and it wasn't even intentional, love that Izu just did his catchphrase for him. XD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In the opening theme sequence, I wonder if it was foreshadowing something when a raindrop rolls down Izu's face like a human tear?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

If that's the case, then we need to see a scene where it shows that a new robot doesn't just replace the previous one. Because in function, the chef and guard guy just get replaced and on the surface, seem just like how they were before anyway. What does that beginner symbol even mean? Did they lose data on the way to back up? Did they lose skills? Is the new Mamoru less good at protecting than the old one?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:58 am >(Also, do we know who Valkyrie's suit actor is? It's just a hunch, but at times Valkyrie moved more like light, limber dude than a woman would)

Looking up. Searching. Looks like Valkyrie's suit actor is Fujita Satoshi
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Fujita_Satoshi
Ah, so I was right. It is a dude.
Siesta appears to be a humorless lady.
That's the VP's bot, right? Funny enough, we did hear her laugh when they were all scheming; if nothing else, they did a good job making it forced and robotic. :lol:
BreadToku wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:03 amI've been under the impression that singularity just means when an AI develops real emotion, but I'll wait for the show itself to confirm one way or another.
That's my expectation as well - it's when they get emotions/a heart/evolve - but we'll find out soon enough. (and perhaps it's also necessary in order to use the evil transformation belt?)
takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:03 pm If that's the case, then we need to see a scene where it shows that a new robot doesn't just replace the previous one. Because in function, the chef and guard guy just get replaced and on the surface, seem just like how they were before anyway. What does that beginner symbol even mean? Did they lose data on the way to back up? Did they lose skills? Is the new Mamoru less good at protecting than the old one?
So thus far, it doesn't look like either of those bots was a restored backup. The ending of this episode made a specific point of the new sushi chef bot being a factory reset model, which is why the old man had to train him from scratch. Especially with them flashing the beginner symbol, I think we're supposed to interpret that as new bots that are just learning to do their jobs.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I love this episode. 3 in and there is already some serious plot development. A proper female rider this early is refreshing as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Then why did they say they can restore from a backuppppppp.

Siesta's deadpan laugh was brilliant.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I absolutely love how you think Yua is actually reasonable when it comes to Humagears, only to reveal that she sees them as nothing more than tools, which is ultimately worse than how Fuwa sees them.

I also love how we're three episodes in and everyone actually has characterization, from Aruto to A.I.M.S to Izu. Hell, even the VP's Humagear assistant (That laugh......)

Form changes incorporate the base form into them somehow....that's a pretty neat gimmick which also shows how much care was given for the suit designs this year.

I'm totally enjoying Zero-One so far. Haven't felt this good about a rider series in a while. Fun fact, this is the first Rider series I've watched from the beginning since Wizard. Every other series since, I've let it go a few months and then binged to catch up. It totally doesn't have that "early episode filler" feeling so that's a huge plus.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:14 pm Then why did they say they can restore from a backuppppppp.
To highlight their different philosophies, I suppose? Yua sees them as tools, Aruto sees them as people, so he's not the kind of person to restore a backup and then go on pretending it's the same bot. (Though I suspect this isn't the last we've heard of the backup subject)
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

This episode really makes me like Yua's performance. Was a little worried that she could turn out to be pretty flat, but this suggests that she is actively putting on the act of emotionally flat, thank you good sushi... Still worried bout some, character reveals we might get. Less worried bout them as in 'oh it would suck if-' and more 'oh... ooooh that will cause much suffering... go on'.

... *hears the VP's humangear laugh* why yes I too love Fenneko from Aggretsuko. Deadpan laughs are some of the best.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Do they not have wireless in the future, back up your robot mans, Aruto.

If they can beam a satellite into Aruto's "brain" then clearly they can backup the Humagears wirelessly. Also, no one finds it suspicious that Aruto can think as fast as a computer and can connect to a satellite? Aruto wants to make people smile... like all the other Humagears!
Doublesteel
Infinity

Post by Doublesteel »

Like a shitty archer said in a somewhat big movie "Don't Do That. Don't Give Me Hope." Cant wait for this to start sucking.

calling it, shadowy boss guy is going to be a total goof when revealed. Also Im going to spell Aruto as Aurto going forward, this minor thing in another post has given me so much unintended grief, that Its effects should be shared with the world.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

This is what I like about Takahashi's writing. He's good at making all his riders stand out in their own. Going back to Ex-Aid, the nerfed syndrome never happen to any of the supporting riders. They're all outstanding in their own ways.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Doublesteel wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:46 pm Also Im going to spell Aruto as Aurto going forward, this minor thing in another post has given me so much unintended grief, that Its effects should be shared with the world.
Whaa?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:47 pm Also, no one finds it suspicious that Aruto can think as fast as a computer and can connect to a satellite? Aruto wants to make people smile... like all the other Humagears!
I still think it's a red herring, and that Aruto is human if only for toy reasons. But I have to be honest, it can go either way (if he his a bot, then there will be some convenient excuse for why he bleeds).

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”