KR Zero-One 05 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:26 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
6%
☆☆
6%
3%

Total votes: 32
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Re: KR Zero-One 05 released

Post by Layton13 »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm
resop2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Has a big evil in a tokusatsu show ever been female?
For Sentai, we have:
> Denjiman
> Fiveman (at first)
> Zyuranger
> GoGoV

For Kamen Rider, we have:
Uh... someone help me out here. No joke, I'm drawing a blank.

For Metal Heroes, we have:
> Spielban
> Blue Swat
> B-Fighter Kabuto

I'm not as well-versed on Ultraman or Garo or other misc. toku but off what I am, we do have some instances of it happening. I do agree with Luna that there's, unfortunately, a low chance of Toei going for it more times though.
For Rider, technically the Woman from Hibiki, but calling her a big bad is kinda iffy if you know Hibiki.
And that's about it, there sure are a few commanders, but nothing beyond that.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Hmm...

Ok episode.

Good reality ensues bit about the Humagear who shut down during the manga production because karoshi in real life is a concern.

The villains of this year's series are a father & son duo? Where are the mugs??

Next week should be interest-

*The MOTW is a voice actress from that wannabe Studio Ghibli film, A Letter to Momo.

F***.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Kind of an interesting reversal of episode 3's premise--Aruto tries to go against the concept of more humagears, also going against the company's best interests (which has kinda happened in prior episodes, but from what I can tell his announcements haven't had any negative effect on the business' popularity). There are a few more kids' show-y elements in the episode than I'd been used to (mainly Aruto talking to the manga creator as though they're on a first-name basis when he's on a first-meeting business trip and the exposition at the beginning feeling a little forced), but there was a good amount to like. The humor landed a lot better for me than it did in the prior ones (its "Aruto ja nai to" stood out in the series so far), and despite the awkwardly best-case-scenario ending, I felt it worked as a suggestion for how to balance technology with creativity. I also liked the former president's role here, although I'm hoping they admit that he's a bit of a flawed character further down the line (as it was Aruto, not him, who put an end to sweeping corporate disasters under the rug).

Also, having a general like of comics, I appreciated the manga panel sequence, though just seeing that makes me really want to see Edgar Wright direct a Kamen Rider episode.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Layton13 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:06 am
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm <snip>
For Rider, technically the Woman from Hibiki, but calling her a big bad is kinda iffy if you know Hibiki.
And that's about it, there sure are a few commanders, but nothing beyond that.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, I considered Hibiki but, I was kinda hazy on if I wanted to count it because of what you said...
That'd be kinda sad if that weird clusterspill was the closest we've ever gotten.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Wasn't the big bad of Hibiki "The man and woman who live in the English style house"?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:57 am They keep saying that these characters are big contracts, so it kind of makes sense that Aruto is attending them personally.
Well, the sushi master own a three michelin star restaurant and this mangaka probably has the same popularity as Eichiro Oda. So yeah, they're obviously big shots.
sdsichero

Post by sdsichero »

I enjoyed the episode. Aruto having to convince the customer and help them in the process might get old, but it hasn't passed that point yet for me.

What does worry me is the amount of gimmicks it looks like we'll see. New abilities too often kind of make them less special and too specialized to me. Hope that part slows down. Don't get me wrong, I like power ups, but if we get a new one each episode, that is a bit much.

Thought it was interesting that Humagears could malfunction from overwork and such.
Sentai_ZXR7
Infinity
Quote: Ready for the Next Challenge

Post by Sentai_ZXR7 »

The pacing of the series is really good, I hope this keep going strong as the series progresses through the season.
The Humagears has one view of how robots may be deployed in near future, some industry sectors may find it necessary and a cost saving making human workforce redundant, I am afraid the later will be too much for many people; just imagine, robots being customized and sold online, not to mention that sex robots will be undistinguished from real people, in others words it will be an scary future!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Or the society will just adapt and people won't need to work to be allowed to live.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

surprised no one else thought that "Flaming Tiger" evoked OOO's main form.
NightdyneMesa
Quote: Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by NightdyneMesa »

I like how they paced this story. The manga parts reminded me that Kamen Rider is that live action anime :lol:

Even Humagears have their own limitations and they do crash. Pretty sure that new form is a tribute to Kamen Rider OOO.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”