KR Zero-One 11 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:55 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
5%
No votes

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 11 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.63 / 5 (19 votes)

Alt Title: Actor Oowada Shinya dies with the sunrise

I was thinking "How did Horobi get pass the AIMS guards". Did Yaiba let him in so she could get the key? Dastardly!

Why don't the good guys ever back up their Humagears. Imagine how powerful Humagears would be if Dodo-chan is this good after just 4-5 resets.

You can't spell ZAIA without AI!

But yeah, honestly if this was the second part of a two-parter, it's pretty unsatisfying on every aspect. It sets a bunch of stuff up without any payoff.

Dodo-chan is tasked to murder his master. What prime potential for inner conflict and turmoil... oh no wait, he just shoots him.

The TV series looks like it's going to get cancelled, but Aruto manages to change Oowada's mind and they start Enji over from scratch. Things are hopefully- nope Oowada is shot and now there's a new Humagear controversy.

The shadow manipulator head of ZAIA is finally revealed... but all he does is threaten to buy Aruto's company and is curiously well-informed about a disaster on set. If this guy is Aruto's rival/enemy, I'm not feeling it. He's already suffering lost cool points for his weak ass 1000% line.

Sadly, most of the fun I got from this episode I had to make up in my own head. "Ooh, the ZAIA CEO is so handsome. What if Yaiba works for him because she has unrequited feelings for him. But he is only using her. Not like her co-worker Fuwa, who sees her as an equal and who've mutually saved each other multiple times at this point."

Do you think Yaiba would sleep with a Humagear? I imagine if she did she'd mutter "It's just a tool..." Anyway, 3 out of 5 stars. Outside of Zero-One using his most overpowered form and not even denting Horobi, it feels like nothing cool happens in the episode. Wait, Arsino Magear had a cool design. But that was it. It's a big total loss for the good guys, who wouldn't even be alive if Dodo and Horobi didn't decide to walk away conveniently at the end.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Re: KR Zero-One 11 released

Post by Slowking »

I liked it.

I was expecting the whole "Dodo-chan acting differently to set orders" to be similar to how unpredictable/uncontrollable singularity is for regular Humagears, so it's intriguing to see that this is what actually Horobi was after. Poor Jin being mocked into a corner.

If you study Yaiba's face expressions, they alternate between 1) following Gai's orders blindly and 2) her own ulterior motives/disagreeing with Gai's plans. She is clearly conflicted. And this can be illustrated with examples too; 1) let Horobi go undetected to corrupt Enji 2) giving the first zetsumerise key she got to Izu in episode 9. Her voice tone gives this away further, both when she was confronted by Izu about the media leak and when she questions Gai about the zetsumerise keys.

I love the parallels drawn between Oowada, Dodo and the film and our main characters like Fuwa. Fuwa is another individual with a strong view about Humagears, similar to Oowada. And they both had at least one experience (Fuwa at the hospital, Oowada via Aruto and also unknowingly via Dodo) which links them somehow to Humagears. I guess they could have had Fuwa interact with Oowada more but I liked it as it was.

Use of the strongest key, Mammoth, against Horobi is great - you don't need giant enemies to use the giant form. Great that Aruto went straight for the finisher too.
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 pm The shadow manipulator head of ZAIA is finally revealed... but all he does is threaten to buy Aruto's company and is curiously well-informed about a disaster on set.
He wants to buy Hiden cheaply which would also remove any competition for ZAIA. He wanted Zero One to be away from the movie set at that particular time because he knew/suspected MetsubouJinrai would attack, hurting the company essentially irreversibly.

Also regarding Dodo, could it be that he willingly missed Oowada's vitals? He could have easily gotten rid of him.

I wish we saw more of Izu this ep.
Behold the Emperor!
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

So I guess Mr 1000% probably made Horobi? Since he has knowledge of the Zetsumerise Keys and apparently ZAIA and Hiden did a Humagear collab back in the day.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Apparently...
Spoiler
we get detective theme and Sanjo Riku is back for writing next two episodes. The head writer for Kamen Rider W, Drive and Zyuden Sentai Kyouryuuger. Secondary for Kamen Rider Fourze.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I feel like it was a great arc. It was set up to be a normal two parter but given the ending, I feel like it set up ZAIAs greater plan. I can't believe that they actually killed off the actor dude.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Honestly, either I am losing my touch, or this show has been so hellbent to go through a ton of one/two off humagear interest storylines to actually have lead up to these dynamics. For a while now, given how Zaia was main stage introduced, not just in the infographic of companies working on this but like as a company that Yaiba answers to, I expected some kind of disgraced company that faked going under after Daybreak disaster whose upper management 'donated' their resources to the newly established 'AIMS' as a cover to continue working on AI systems and like at the third act point, reveal themselves again to the world as a cheaper 'safer' alternative to Hiden's more easily corrupted Humagear product, possibly even using a defeated Horobi like humagear as their mascot to show how foolproof and unbreakable their AIs are ... only to go Enter 2.0 on everyone...

But instead it's just the bigger more evil giant multi-national multi-billion dollar corporation so that we can cheer on the little guy, our small, family owned giant only in Japan thank you very much multi-billion dollar corporation. Bleh.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Did Izu totally break character at the end of the toy commercial or am I reading too much into it?
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I was thinking that too, perhaps Izu reached Singularity in the advert, what a twist!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It was admittedly a bit odd how this story kind of took what looked to be developing plot-threads from the previous episode and cut them short in favour of giving Aruto a really bad day, but I don't necessarily dislike the direction this episode took. Our main character is facing adversity from both the evil killer robots but now also a conniving rival company, and I'm excited to see how he'll continue to face both these threats.

Assassin is only getting more and more dangerous. Anyone else getting Graphite vibes? I'm calling it now that his final death will come about from Zero One's inevitable first-quarter upgrade.

There's something about the fight between Horobi and Zero-One in the climax that I really like, and I think it's all due to the contrast of the suit actors. Zero-One really looks like he's putting all his strength into each swing, while Horobi is putting in the minimal effort possible. I love the part where at one he's basically just walking away from Zero-One and casually dodges a sword swing coming from behind. Oh and also his big scorpion let him withstand Breaking Mammoth's finisher!? I assume that's how he took no damage from Punching Kong's finisher back in episode 8 too. There's currently not a lot to this character other than being really strong and evil, but he's selling it very well.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I'm not quite sure what to call that episode. It really was a downer episode - the writers are putting the screws to Aruto and Hiden Intelligence. However it was definitely captivating throughout.

I felt like Aruto flipped Oowada perhaps a bit too easily. But given what we saw with Oowada and Dodo in the previous episode, I was interested in seeing how well Oowada could develop an actual actor bot. Instead, the writers have completely subverted my expectations, and put a bullet through Oowada before anything could happen. Well played, writers. :lol:

You do feel bad for Aruto though, even if this is meant to be the case. At this point he's taking it from multiple sides: MJnet hijacking his bots and making a mess of things, and now ZAIA is clearly up to no good. It seems like everyone wants the Humagear project to fail.

Meanwhile, I sure hope Yua gets her comeuppance soon. Given all of the trouble she's caused, she's more than earned it.
Xirix wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:10 am So I guess Mr 1000% probably made Horobi? Since he has knowledge of the Zetsumerise Keys and apparently ZAIA and Hiden did a Humagear collab back in the day.
As cool as that would be, we know that Horobi was around as early as Daybreak. Gai seems a bit young to have been involved quite that early.
resop2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 pm Did Izu totally break character at the end of the toy commercial or am I reading too much into it?
Purely IMO, but you're reading too much into it. It's a commercial; they aren't going to have her remain static at the end. You want your lead actress smiling, to help draw attention to what's being promoted.
Slowking wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm I liked it.

I was expecting the whole "Dodo-chan acting differently to set orders" to be similar to how unpredictable/uncontrollable singularity is for regular Humagears, so it's intriguing to see that this is what actually Horobi was after. Poor Jin being mocked into a corner.
Right? I was expecting there to be some sort of crisis. But at the end of the day, Dodo was created to do evil things and he relishes the task, as this episode underscores. Sometimes the best thing for a plot is nuance; other times it's for your villains to just be total bastards.
Use of the strongest key, Mammoth, against Horobi is great - you don't need giant enemies to use the giant form. Great that Aruto went straight for the finisher too.
Also agreed. I like that it shows that Aruto isn't holding back. At the same time, however, it's clear proof for the audience that Horobi and Dodo are currently on a whole other level from Zero-One and Vulcan.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:56 pm I feel like it was a great arc. It was set up to be a normal two parter but given the ending, I feel like it set up ZAIAs greater plan. I can't believe that they actually killed off the actor dude.
Just in case you missed it, Oowada is alive. The news broadcast indicated he was hospitalized, received treatment, and is recovering. I don't imagine we'll see him again, but he isn't dead.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Wow. Just wow.

Zero-One is making me think about listening to Mystery Skulls again, cause this series is hitting Everynote for me right now.

Everything in this series is being handled with the utmost care and meticulous attention to detail that I can only applaud at how well this series is being presented. The pacing is great, the need for new forms isn't entirely haphazard nor does it feel forced- if anything they have made each form necessary and I love that. Nothing insorfar has been wasted when it comes to this show.
Spoiler
Even the newest power up looks simplistic, yet powerful!

Aruto is under fire from all angles, and the newest enemy shows up in white suit and serves him the tea. Nice touch there. Now how will he handle the murder of a high profile member of society?

Then we have the excellent fight choreography between Vulcan and Dodo Magear. First, you know Vulcan is in for a battle when his bullet just bounces off instead of knocking him back, then we have that little moment where he no-sell's Vulcan's attacks and returns fire with a barrage similar to Valkyries Lightning Hornet attack, and when have a nice bit of storytelling when Dodo knocked the shotgun out of Vulcan's hands with the Punching Kong Key still inside the case, leaving Fuwa with no way to transform.

I did not, I repeat, DID NOT- see them killing off Oowada-san. I sat back in absolute shock when I saw his face. Despite knowing that this was a kids show, his facial expressions told me that he wasn't acting in universe, solidifying his point- "Acting is a clash between two people."

Minor nitpick at 7:39, but this one is more of a personal preference: When Jin says 'The Holy War continues,' I think it should be 'Our Holy War continues.' I know he didn't say anything in japanese that reflects this, but...I don't know, having 'the' there feel's too all encompassing, unless that was the intent.

Zero-One continues to go all in when it comes to it's writing and action, moving it to my number two Rider Series right under Gaim, but it just might take that spot if the show continues to build upon itself as it has.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

FangTrigger wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am I did not, I repeat, DID NOT- see them killing off Oowada-san.
That's because he's not dead! He's still alive! :shock:
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I swear to SHODAN, Oowada must live. Yabe Kenzou cannot go on without him!!

That said, Amatsu seems to have put Hiden in check. Yua should've been more active in helping Fuwa though.

Nice episode. Give the Dodosassin his Figuarts!!
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

FangTrigger wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am Minor nitpick at 7:39, but this one is more of a personal preference: When Jin says 'The Holy War continues,' I think it should be 'Our Holy War continues.' I know he didn't say anything in japanese that reflects this, but...I don't know, having 'the' there feel's too all encompassing, unless that was the intent.
I like your suggestion. It's not directly in the Japanese, true, but a lot of Japanese comes from the implied and unspoken. I think "Our Holy War" works since it's a very specific cause that they're championing.
PurpleHat
Gao
Quote: If you do not fight, you will not survive.

Post by PurpleHat »

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this. The stakes have been raised and Aruto is going to have to come up with something to save Hiden Intelligence and not get wrecked by Horobi. At the same time, if this was part 2 of a two parter, if left some things unresolved. Did Oowada-san die? Was actor bot just a plot device and nothing more? At what point was he a candidate for singularity, or are we forgetting about that now? What even is Gai, besides a future plot point? Episode probably would have been stronger without the ZAIA stuff. Hopefully the next episode picks up where this one left off.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”