KR Zero-One 16 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆☆
39%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 16 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.53 / 5 (17 votes)

Alt Title: Upping it to Zaiasoundth percent

Thought the episode was just okay. As an end to an arc, it feels a bit anticlimactic. Subaru just ups and disappears. I'm glad Horobi is still around, but is Jin straight up dead? That's not how I would have done it personally, considering how much more interesting Jin is.

/me looks at his watch. We're in the second quarter, time to start reusing enemy suits

Oh Yaiba, I know he's beautiful, but your man is a baddie. Why don't you settle for that nice Fuwa boy. He's rough around the edges, but his heart is in a good place.

Any idea what song was playing during the episode, it's not on the Japanese wiki for some reason.

Have a good break next week everyone!

CM
Google Nest Frozen version
S.H.Figuarts Kamen Rider Zero-One Rising Hopper
McDonalds Happy Set Mario
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zero-One 16 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

No surprise that Amatsu's only looking out for #1.

Now Hiden's PR takes another dive. I swear to Jobs, someone in R&D should work on Humagear patches.

Shining Assault's drone pack is alright, but chances are, it won't be used again for a while.

Well, a nice episode. Oh shit, it's still alive.

On another note, Fumiya switching his hair from blonde to brunette. Good or bad??
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Fumiya?
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Aruto's actor.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Oh hey, so Zero-One has those little orbital things some of the mechs in Xenogears/Saga have, wasn't expecting that.

Loved the cute little joke exchange in Satellite Zea's digital space with Izu, could they get more adorable?

I'm so glad that Horobi is still alive though, cause if we were only left with Mr.1000%... well, yeah.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Yeah I personally would've kept Jin over Horobi, because even in that final battle he was questioning his circumstances. Would've been way more interesting to have him explore that grey area, as opposed to Horobi being set in his ways.

It was pretty anticlimatic overall. I've been watching Lupin vs Pat lately, and wondering why the fight CG (and often even normal fight choreography - last episode I noticed someone recoiled from a punch that didn't even get close to them) is so much better in that than Kamen Rider. The CG on Shining Assault Hopper and Jin was pretty rubbery.
But the Shine things were cool, and it edged on being a little heavy-handed, but I did like how Aruto tied it back to owning a company. Kinda felt like an arc reactor when it powered up and spun! (hyuk hyuk ark reactor, hire me mr. toei)

So ZAIA pres was the one who fed negative information to the Ark. Did we know he was working on it? Did he used to work for Hiden? How did he have access to the Ark when it was being built/programmed?
Why is Yaiba sticking around with this guy? She was very clearly not cool with the stuff he shared with her, but then just swallowed her tongue and said yeah ok! Does he have something over her? At this point she's being deliberately dumb and I'm losing interest in any potential she may have had.

Not sure how the stock thing actually works... The president should have controlling share of the company, in theory, and his stocks would not be up for sale right? So even if ZAIA bought 49% of the public stocks, Aruto would still own 51% and be president. But I'm no business major, maybe this is a known thing.

Izu and Aruto are cuties.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>It was pretty anticlimatic overall. I've been watching Lupin vs Pat lately, and wondering why the fight CG (and often even normal fight choreography - last episode I noticed someone recoiled from a punch that didn't even get close to them) is so much better in that than Kamen Rider. The CG on Shining Assault Hopper and Jin was pretty rubbery.

I feel like that too sometimes. Could it be the difference in the target age group? Since Sentai skews younger, there's more of an effort on visual spectacle versus Rider which focuses a bit on the drama side?

>So ZAIA pres was the one who fed negative information to the Ark. Did we know he was working on it? Did he used to work for Hiden? How did he have access to the Ark when it was being built/programmed?

I don't know why this is a revelation. Seems like this was revealed when he made the threat of the movie studio being in trouble. Aruto should have asked "Huh, why does that guy know that?"

>Why is Yaiba sticking around with this guy? She was very clearly not cool with the stuff he shared with her, but then just swallowed her tongue and said yeah ok!

Yeah, I wish Yaiba were better overall. I'm not surprised, but disappointed in Mr. Toei nonetheless.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Happy Christmas holiday to everyone. That art on the front page is masterfully done.

Is MetsubouJinrai.net a rip off of Lucky Clover on Faiz? The organization logo borrows concept from the four leaf clover. Which means all four members must be all assembled in order to represent full power.

Unfortunately, all four members are not together until the end of the organization. Isn't it copying the Lucky Clover from Faiz?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Jin, noooo! He got Lazer'd! I want to believe he'll come back somehow, but even if that does happen, I don't expect it to be any time soon... I really wished either way that Jin could have had more of a spotlight before this point too. Oh, the fight itself was alright, a big flashy debut for Shining Assault Hopper. It's pretty heavily CG, which I understand is meant to show that its power is beyond the usual fisticuffs, but I think most viewers, at least the older ones, are always in favour of the fisticuffs anyway.

From there on, the plot is actually really straightforward. Metsoboujinrai are out (for now) and ZAIA is taking over as the new bad guys. I really hope we can get some fleshing out on Yaiba's motivations on why she is doing anything she's doing. I know Fuwa can be one-note, but at least it's a note I understand. I do not want to spend the majority of the show scratching my head about Yaiba and not knowing a fact as basic as 'why does she act the way she does'.

Terrorist robots are on hold and I'm intrigued by company rivalries for the foreseeable future. This is still Kamen Rider so I expect a lot of it to be resolved by lots of punching and kicking.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Kamen Rider Freedom Strike......Launch!
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Huh, so the solution to defeat Jin is to activate the Bits system, I mean Fin Funnels, I mean a group of crystals that have perfect defense and attack until we get an enemy more powerful an have to upgrade again.

Fuwa, of all the times to stop and be more self reflective about your hate for humagears killing humans, it could not come at a in universe worse, but narratively helpful moment-just go over to him and pull out all his wires. Else we'll likely be stuck with his deadpan flat performance through out the rest of the series resulting in Kamen Rider's own version of Go-Buster's Enter. Do you want a second half Enter? CAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU GET A SECOND HALF ENTER!

Look, I get it with the reused suits, trust me... But that doesn't mean it makes sense. Is Ark just, making the humagears already transformed with no progrise key? Is that's what is going on and why neither Fuwa or Aruto care bout the Dodo magear coming back? It just feels weird to have something we spent what felt like SO, MUCH, TIME on it being important, to just toss it aside like putting a previously missing character in a background group shot and not mentioning it. Speaking of where DID the Dodo key go? Or by raiding the base and defeating Horobi and Jin did they just, get all the previous Keys?

Okay, so, before the satellite launched, mister Zaia intentionally tried to turn the Ark into a Skynet/Am by putting in all the terrible things humans do to each other, in order for it to make Humagears which it was connected to try and pull a genocide in order to... what? Buy Hiden? Corner the market in anti-humagear weaponry? Have another reason to squeeze in '1000%' into an evil monologue as if it's really clever?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!

Post by DeMatgic »

The hair color thing really took me aback, because I didn't notice it until halfway through. Like Fumiya's hair looked close to how it did during the other episodes both in There's digital space and the president's office, but then we get to the board meeting and that's when I noticed and thought "wait, was it always that dark?"

The episode was alright for me. The emergency meeting, while I criticized it last episode, was fine. It shows that while the VP and his aide(?) are generally antagonistic towards Aruto, it isn't the same for the rest of the company. Jin's death and Horobi surviving surprised me, as I was expecting either the reverse or both of them going. I'm also confused as to why AIMS just has Horobi now. Why are they keeping him in a straight jacket? Why not just scrap him outright? He's been one of the primary acting forces behind both the Daybreak incident and the Humagear hacking in the past few months, so you'd think Fuwa would take it upon himself to destroy him. But I guess him being left to wonder what he's fighting for is alright as well.

Ngl, I thought it was over after the emergency meeting and the ZAIA pres (still don't remember his name) telling Yaiba about his stuff with the Ark (like how the first arc of Ex-Aid ended with Kuroto's death and cliffhanger of the Bugsters taking over Kamen Rider Chronicle), but then the episode kept going with the Magears returning and the ensuing press conference. It kinda felt like the first half had been longer than it actually was, which I don't mind really. But it just seems like they realized "Oh, we still have 5 minutes of air time left, let's put the beginning of the next episode here between the ZAIA meeting and the Thouser belt reveal" and as such it just feels tacked on.
Sanare
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Go-Busters, TOQer, Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, Go-Onger

Post by Sanare »

To the people expressing wanting Jin over Horobi, I get that, but I doubt he'll be gone for long. Also, now that we know who created Ark in the first place, I think Horobi has quite a few interesting places to develop depending on how much he knows about Ark's origins. If he didn't know President 1k created Ark and was being used as a pawn, then he has to face his orders, goals, ideals as a lie because he was no different from the regular Humagears that they would corrupt.

If he DID know, then he likely hasn't hit his own singularity yet and is just President 1k's analog to Izu. I could potentially see an Enter/Escape dynamic on this path where slowly starts obsessing over getting Jin back but since he was completely blown up, he's never the same as Horobi remembers him and will keep trying to the point of it forcing his singularity and breaks away from President 1k and becoming the actual terrorist we were led to believe he was in the first place.
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in

Post by Deadrider50 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:30 am < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Any idea what song was playing during the episode, it's not on the Japanese wiki for some reason.

I think it's called Find a New Life. It's Zero One's Battle theme (Insert Song).
Deadrider50
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ghost
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Dreamy: Shijima Kiriko
Favorite Actor?: Sano Gaku
Favorite Band: DA PUMP
My boom: Download all Tokusatsu and Anime Series
Quote: I'll do it in my way. Don't butt in

Post by Deadrider50 »

Could you guys switch to 810p TVRips until TTFC changes their 2-pass encoding method that they’ve been doing since last 2/3 weeks?

It's so bothering that the video are always in low quality even in HD, especially during the high speed motion fighting scene.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”