KR Zero-One 18 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
7%

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 18 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.42 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: President Idol

I dunno, I think I liked it, but I kind of completely forgot what happened in this episode. I remember they found an excuse for Fuwa to fight Yaiba and Gai... huh... (gets Boukenger flashbacks).

So we saw Sakuyo in the previews, but this is the first time they've successfully backed up a Humagear. I know it's for story reasons, but it'd be really good if they explained why this was never a thing before. How does getting hack mean your backup on Satellite There gets lost? Also, if Sakuyo wasn't hacked, what did happen? I'm hoping for some satisfying ans

Ha, that's a pretty ballsy way of explaining Gai's age discrepancy

Then we get human Magears now? And apparently the flower guy is good after he gets the shit kicked out of him.

So a question that I thought of while watching this, what do Progrise Keys do? Like in Megaman, Megaman is getting these powers from the bosses, who have like real world applications for their powers. Like Gutsman working in construction.

However, in this story, what do Progrise Keys do? Are they only useful for Riders? If so, why is ZAIA making them and why is their stuff compatible with the Zero-One driver? Like why would Progrise Keys just exist out in the world for hackers to steal? Can anyone with a 3D printer make an Assault Grip? What?

Edit: Fuwa and Yaiba should fight more. Or fuck it out. I'd be up for either

Edit edit: Oh yeah, mysterious female voice
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: KR Zero-One 18 released

Post by Xirix »

So er... Aruto's just totally fine with Gai assaulting him last episode? No repercussions at all? Okay...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

So Gai is just in his mid forties? Seems like a lazy way of saying that they wanted him to be involved in the timeline for a long time but wanted to cast a young actor.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:30 pm So Gai is just in his mid forties? Seems like a lazy way of saying that they wanted him to be involved in the timeline for a long time but wanted to cast a young actor.
I mean at this point Zero One is the Kamen Rider of "things aren't what they appear to be" so something had to have happened during Daybreak where Gai was involved to keep him that age.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Everyone is a secret Humagear!
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm willing to believe Gai's age is just the show trying to get me to suspend my disbelief incredibly hard. I don't think it'll work but I can shrug it off if they don't make too big a deal out of it.

It looks like we've got our premise for what I presume the next four or more episodes: More competitions between humans and humagear, with the humans turning into our motw every time. Its not a bad way for this arc to play out, but I don't think anybody is that invested in the competition to begin with. I'd be really surprised if it ultimately concluded with either Hiden or ZAIA simply winning, instead of something unexpected happening and turning the whole event on its head.

Shining Assault Hopper appears again but I'm still holding out hope for a more straightforward one-on-one brawl between it and Thouser sometime before this arc concludes!
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.42 / 5 (12 votes)

Alt Title: President Idol

I dunno, I think I liked it, but I kind of completely forgot what happened in this episode. I remember they found an excuse for Fuwa to fight Yaiba and Gai... huh... (gets Boukenger flashbacks).

So we saw Sakuyo in the previews, but this is the first time they've successfully backed up a Humagear. I know it's for story reasons, but it'd be really good if they explained why this was never a thing before. How does getting hack mean your backup on Satellite There gets lost? Also, if Sakuyo wasn't hacked, what did happen? I'm hoping for some satisfying ans

It'll probably get explained later but I'm guessing the first thing that happens when a Humagear gets hacked is that their backup on the satellite is deleted, hence the "connected to MetsubouJinrai.net" thing. As for why she went berserk, I think it has to do with the Zaia Spec somehow. Again, it's just speculation at this point.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

There was a shot of the Ark flashing before she went nuts last episode.

Gai speaking to Yabia at the end of the episode had the implication that he wasn't aware of what was going on with the Raidriser. This makes me think that isn't intentionally part of ZAIAs plan.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I have a guess for what Naki looks like under her hood: It's the long haired Izu look-alike from the opening credits.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, it's always a possibility, but I'm expecting that Naki is another actress entirely and long-haired Izu is either a opening credit lie like it happen sometimes, or Izu will get hacked by the Ark at some point. If she does, I'm totally expecting the hacking to be broken by her explaining a joke, as if Aruto's corruption would be stronger than the Ark's.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 pm
Edit: Fuwa and Yaiba should fight more. Or fuck it out. I'd be up for either
Please, but only if half of the scene, is the two each thinking they're the top, much to the confusion of the other

Hmmmm... I realize that my saying this does not have much weight given how hard I have been on this show for a while now but uuuh... this episode sucks. Like, I enjoyed the delivery of the gag about Gai's age... but not much else. Which would be a problem in and of itself but there's just, so much in this that I also generally dislike, on top of not much in the episode I do like. Okay so, I get that not many other people will be bugged by this as I am but, why establish that Gai cares so much about his company's image, and then have him potentially stain himself and his company's image by assaulting a lot, AND I MEAN A LOT, of people in his 'presented by Zaia' Kamen Rider suit? Okay like, beating up Aruto, I can get media spin saying 'well Rider Zero One was getting in the way of dealing with the problem' sure whatever. But, the president of Zaia attacking, with no proof that there would be no harm done one defeated, attacking a normal human turned into a monster? Assaulting a member of a governmental task force (Fuwa) ? But most of all, I really hate that, despite my earlier praise of this series for sticking with Aruto having to deal with the business side of being a president and a Kamen Rider... that Gai has no one in the narrative to answer to. No share holder's meeting, no underlines using this footage to smear him in the press, no dip in his stocks for his brutish behavior, even the characters he attack seem to shrug away the CONSTANT ASSAULTS cause when he's out of the suit he isn't assaulting them anymore.

And that's not even talking about the fact that they threw away an interesting and thoughtful examination on what beauty can mean between technique and intent, or visual flair vs execution. Instead just giving us a lame 'oh he tricked me into putting a dead plant to make me lose... But then I lost normally anyways so I guess the glasses freaked out for no reason that my arrangement would have beaten his.'
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think the best part of the show is becoming the segments with Fuwa as Clarice Starling and Hirobi as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:57 pm Edit: Fuwa and Yaiba should fight more. Or fuck it out. I'd be up for either
I am not sure I am ready to see to two suit actors in Kamen Rider costume making out.

Would Yaiba disappear for a couple of episodes and then force Fuwa to raise quintuplets (named Ka, Ki, Ku, Ke, Ko) who are all chibi Kamen Riders with no human form?

But, yeah I am all about Fuwa vs Yaiba 2 - Progrise Key on a Pole match.
Kogashi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm why establish that Gai cares so much about his company's image, and then have him potentially stain himself and his company's image by assaulting a lot, AND I MEAN A LOT, of people in his 'presented by Zaia' Kamen Rider suit? Okay like, beating up Aruto, I can get media spin saying 'well Rider Zero One was getting in the way of dealing with the problem' sure whatever. But, the president of Zaia attacking, with no proof that there would be no harm done one defeated, attacking a normal human turned into a monster? Assaulting a member of a governmental task force (Fuwa) ?
There is no need for media spin when an incident is not covered by the media.

Also, baby face Kamen Riders do not go around suing heel Kamen Riders or smearing the heel Kamen Riders in the media. They prefer to battle it out in person.
Kogashi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm But most of all, I really hate that, despite my earlier praise of this series for sticking with Aruto having to deal with the business side of being a president and a Kamen Rider... that Gai has no one in the narrative to answer to. No share holder's meeting, no underlines using this footage to smear him in the press, no dip in his stocks for his brutish behavior, even the characters he attack seem to shrug away the CONSTANT ASSAULTS cause when he's out of the suit he isn't assaulting them anymore.
This could be solved in less than one minute of dialog. When Aruto and Gai are sipping tea and throwing shade, have Aruto complain about keeping the board of directors and shareholders happy and then have Gai smugly brag that Zaia is a private company and he is the owner.
Kogashi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 pm And that's not even talking about the fact that they threw away an interesting and thoughtful examination on what beauty can mean between technique and intent, or visual flair vs execution. Instead just giving us a lame 'oh he tricked me into putting a dead plant to make me lose... But then I lost normally anyways so I guess the glasses freaked out for no reason that my arrangement would have beaten his.'
Since this is a kids toy commercial, they probably went with "Do your best and then the result will be less important" as a more easily kid digestible moral.
Mandalori wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:16 pm Well, it's always a possibility, but I'm expecting that Naki is another actress entirely and long-haired Izu is either a opening credit lie like it happen sometimes, or Izu will get hacked by the Ark at some point. If she does, I'm totally expecting the hacking to be broken by her explaining a joke, as if Aruto's corruption would be stronger than the Ark's.
If they don't use that idea I don't know what they are doing with their life.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

resop2 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:44 am I think the best part of the show is becoming the segments with Fuwa as Clarice Starling and Hirobi as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
If this ends with Horobi breaking out and killing Thouser after making a phone call to Fuwa, I wouldn't be mad.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”