KR Zero-One 24 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:02 am

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 24 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.6 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: The key were the friends I made along the way

Didn't love it as much as the previous episode, but it was still a good episode. It was good to see the male Humagears come back (Guess they couldn't get back the female actors for the cameo? Sometimes I wonder if it's logistics or just straight up misogyny with you sometimes, Mr. Toei)

Have to say it feels a bit disingenuous to say Aruto was saving Humagears, since that usually entailed destroying and rebuilding them when they acted in ways he didn't like. Maybe with his magic sword he can actually do some saving now.

Sounds like we're back to the boring games next week. It'll be good to see that end at some point so we can have a more dynamic plot again. At least Horobi chats is done.

Notes:

-Okay, what exactly is that move that Mr. 1000 did with all the animals?

-See, this writer is winning the points for me. Match hiding under a rock and just fist pumping while watching Chiharu hook up with Teruo is hilarious.

-I wonder why they got the astronaut Humagear to do a spy mission. Was he the only actor they could get for that role?

-I'm very fascinated by what that diagram and letters mean on that screen that Subaru was looking at.

-Boo, disappointed they only got one of the female Humagears in that flashback. It's all dudegears!

-Ooh, so the keys really are like portable harddrives. I think this is the first time we've seen what they did in a civilian sense.

-LOL, okay, now Aruto has a magic sword that undoes hacking.

-Oh at last. I was about to write that I hope Horobi escaped soon so we could get rid of these chats with Horobi scenes

*cough* I'll just leave this here:
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 24 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

Okay I really enjoyed this episode (but primarily for Izu), just he mimicking Aruto's catchphrases and whatnot is cute as heck.

But pulling out that Secretary card/key was pretty cool to see as well as a whole montage of past Dude and one Dudettes was nice.

But here's the thing that kind of threw me off... I could understand before Mr. Doesn't Know How Percentages Work forced Humagears to go corrupt to show the citizens they are "bad". Although in this episode, it served no purpose in forcing the actor to go berserk if his end goal was to kill him... He coulda just done that without him going corrupt, right? Or am I missing something there? And it's be MUCH easier to do so without forcing him to go corrupt.

REturning back to the dumb competitions? Craps, Izu, I hope you can make those episodes enjoyable for me.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I love that the computer in Daybreak town has consistently bad spelling and good spelling at the same time. "Data transmission : Extractiong Date" XD How do you spell Data wrong here, it's written correctly on the same screen.

That silly thing aside, I really liked this episode, all the Humagears being united by Izu was really nice. I loved Enji's smug "I'm an actor" thing, anything that makes Gai look like an idiot is okay in my book, we even got to see him with his clothes all dirty!
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Match is a good guy.

I knew the actor Humagear was actually a double agent. There's a reason they brought back him specifically and didn't just get some rando priest Humagear.

What awful info-sec Subaru has, to plug himself into a mysterious computer used by the enemy!

Standard friendship saves the day plot, but I'll admit I enjoyed it. Things are looking up for our heroes, after several episodes of being on the back foot.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Can priest Humagear exist if they don't have a soul?

My shock in this episode was that they haven't dropped a nuke on Ark yet. Don't they know where the MetsubouJinnai base is from ep 13?
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

From the preview, it doesn't looks like they resume the competition yet
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the writer got amnesia or straight out just ditch the competition and start a new arc instead lmao

O and is that jin? About time he's back I guess
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:27 pm My shock in this episode was that they haven't dropped a nuke on Ark yet. Don't they know where the MetsubouJinnai base is from ep 13?
They do know its in the lake of DayBreak Town, I believe. Not sure if Horobi said that to our heroes or just between him and Jin. I'm not sure myself but Hiden Intelligence is not an organisation making military weapons like ZAIA and AIMS. The weapons Aruto use weren't meant for public use but for their safety in his hands. Hiden Intelligence made Humagears for supporting society, that is for sure, what they intended to do. AIMS could do that but most of their products are literally designed by ZAIA because of Yua. Dropping a nuke would be possible by ZAIA or AIMs but Aruto is putting a resignation letter if he suddenly creates weapons of destruction without concerns from his employees and that would go against the public image that Hiden Intelligence wanted to preserve.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:01 pm *cough* I'll just leave this here:
I suggest that you guys should change Izu to Is on the incoming translations? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its weird enough of Was. Is is Aruto's secretary. Was was Is's brother. Will there be Humagears Were and Are or The?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

We've discussed this in QC and it is far too confusing both visually and grammatically to have her name written as Is.

Is is going to the store.

^just looks like a bad typo
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

If I could give this episode a 10 out of 5, I would do so in a heart beat. MR. 1000 IS NOW OFFICIALLY COMPLETELY UNEQUIVOCALLY FUCKED!!! I find it absolutely hilarious he actually thought that giving Aruto a power up as broken as Metal Cluster would somehow work in his favor. Not only was that never gonna happen, he even gave them the key to stopping all the Humagears from going berserk!!! One thing is for sure, that ending was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH KARMA COMING BACK TO BITE HIM IN THE ASS OVER A THOUSAND TIMES!!! xD
Last edited by WannaFantaMan on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

But man, we need more debut for Valkryie... and Yua
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:01 pm -Okay, what exactly is that move that Mr. 1000 did with all the animals?
He secretly created a Jyuo progrise key. You just didn't catch it because progrise keys already look blocky.
-I wonder why they got the astronaut Humagear to do a spy mission. Was he the only actor they could get for that role?
I thought it made a lot of sense. Subaru works directly with There, so he'd likely have the best resistance to any potential ICE in the MJN computer. Additionally, of all the Humagear who know Aruto personally, he's the most tech-savvy and (like the others we cut back to) has awakened and is able to function of his own free will (plus, unlike the others, he wasn't rebuilt after awakening, so we know his free will is legit).

This writer's really done his homework and it's great seeing how well he references past events and ties it all together. He knows the characters and the backstory. I really hope he becomes the head writer, because he's knocking it out of the park for me.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:28 pm We've discussed this in QC and it is far too confusing both visually and grammatically to have her name written as Is.

Is is going to the store.

^just looks like a bad typo
Honestly, I think it'd be fine and if I had been main translator from the start, would have gone with Is as the spelling.

But taking over 10 episodes in, I didn't want to make things awkward for fans who've gotten used to the Izu spelling. Luna barely left me alive when I changed the satellite's name to There! Change is hard to get away with!

But that doesn't mean I can't spell it as Is for the key as a cheeky little wink and little prod to fans who get OCD over that kind of stuff!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

This episode proves that the one shot humagears are more interesting than some of the main cast. Match was fantastic.

The only part of the episode that falls flat for me is Gai again. Why would he want a Humagear working for him, even if it was working under the Arks will?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

resop2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:24 am I wonder if we are going to find out next week that Match-san deliberately connected to Ark without being mad because he was trying to escalate the fight with the driver so that the girl would fall for the driver? Then if Aruto scolds him for doing a reckless thing then Izu can scold Aruto for being reckless in a similar way.
Got it about half right.

So, halfway through the series. Two of the great generals have been beaten, who will be the next nemesis for the hero?

Very much like an anime trope for Izu to start saving the day by randomly and purposelessly appearing on an elevated platform.

So, Dr. Lector escapes! Will he turn up in Florence Italy?

Have they forgotten about Naki or will she turn up as the third general?

Was Fuwa given the final plot warning that he is not in control? After all, if Horobi's taunt was meaningless it would be more appropriate for Fuwa to flick Horobi's forehead and say "baka".
Last edited by resop2 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

The golden thousand bastard gets his ass kicked legitimately, enough to sell this episode for me

Match, kinda went a little overboard to pair Teruo and Ebii-san together but hey, you got best humagear of the week for me. Speaking of humagears of the week, nice to see them, even if it's just the men and Smile, come back to help save Aruto from metal cluster hopper by basically making keys for software patching it and then making the ugly sword which is the There hardware patch solution so yay
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”