KR Zero-One 25 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:16 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆☆
46%
☆☆☆
23%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 25 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.67 / 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Stay a while and listen

I didn't take any notes this time. I was too busy being mad at the format of this episode. We're back to Takahashi Yuya at the writing helm and we spend 15 minutes of exposition as the characters talk to the camera. This is on top of spending over a month of the story on pause while we do the boring job competition. What are you doing, man?

Some of the info is new, but a lot of it felt like stuff we knew already. It felt like a clip show where they went to the effort to film new footage for it, but why though?

Then we kill some time with an obligatory fight against of easily killable mooks before the big Jin reveal. And while it's cool to see Jin back with a cool phoenix motif Rider set, it feels like Takahashi is stalling for time again.

I dunno, in the end I felt like we were supposed to learn a bunch of truth bombs, but it just felt like we didn't really learn anything new about Zero-One or Jin really

2 / 5 stars: Show not tell
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zero-One 25 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

While Jin coming back is nice, this 90% recap episode isn't working for me.

That said, I hope Hiden's keeping up with patches bc of what Jin can do now.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Holy exposition dump, Batman.

There's some tiny, neat nuggets in here. Horobi originally being a childcare unit casts a sad light on why he talked to/treated Jin like his son.

Still confused as to why no one is going after Gai legally (or vigilante-ly) for feeding the Ark shitty information. A representative of AIMS now knows about his misconduct, but there wasn't even a peep of "we'll get that fucker!"

How was Horobi considered a "top Humagear" when he was a childcare unit? Raiden, being a satellite maintenance/space unit, I can understand. Why does Jin speak and think like a child, when he was (presumably) there at the founding of MetsubouJinrai.net and the Daybreak incident? Was he reset/rebuilt at one point?

Why was Aruto's dad, another childcare unit (implied), the one who had countermeasures against the Ark? And was even involved at all? I guess he became president at some point?? Hiden Intelligence hasn't had very well qualified presidents, does it...

So Kamen Rider is a Humagear creation. How does it differ from a Humagear in capability?

The re-introduction of Jin was actually nice, aesthetically. He's got a presence now. The sun sure set fast while they were talking though!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>There's some tiny, neat nuggets in here. Horobi originally being a childcare unit casts a sad light on why he talked to/treated Jin like his son.

Loved that bit

>Still confused as to why no one is going after Gai legally (or vigilante-ly) for feeding the Ark shitty information. A representative of AIMS now knows about his misconduct, but there wasn't even a peep of "we'll get that fucker!"

OCP prevents employees from acting against the corporation

>How was Horobi considered a "top Humagear" when he was a childcare unit?

He was a very good babysitter

>Why was Aruto's dad, another childcare unit (implied), the one who had countermeasures against the Ark? And was even involved at all? I guess he became president at some point?? Hiden Intelligence hasn't had very well qualified presidents, does it...

He definitely wasn't president since grandpa president was still alive, plus he's just the Humagear. Not sure why a Humagear designed Zero-One when his job was to watch Aruto? I'm still not sure if Aruto is human. If he was supposed to have grown up, why don't we have any memories of him and his dad prior to Daybreak?

>So Kamen Rider is a Humagear creation. How does it differ from a Humagear in capability?

Well, who was going to use it? Did Soreo make it for his child son for when he turns into a man or was he giong to use it himself? Can a Humagear use a Rider system? There's certainly no implication that Korenosuke ever used it
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It's fine as a little clipshow of the events thus far, now that we're at roughly the halfway point. It's about the most interesting way I've seen a bunch of character share recaps and exposition in a toku show. Past that, we get a little declaration of what it means to be a Kamen Rider from several characters, which is always a corny but nice thing to see. Of course, the main reason for Aruto and Fuwa's little speeches was so it could further parallel with Jin's later on.

Speaking of Jin, a really fiery come-back for him. I'm glad he's back, and while he does give off a little more of a serious vibe now, it still as of now feels like the Jin I remember. His new form though is personally a little underwhelming for me. It's certainly 'cool' in the same way a lot of the suits in Zero One have been, but it also doesn't really stand out because of that. A lot of the suits already cover 'cool and sleek hi-tech suit', and his new form doesn't appear to carry any of the grunge and mishmash aesthetic that the metsubojinrai riders did before. I'm sure there will be some in-universe reason for the change of aesthetic but I still won't prefer it.

Anyhow, now with metsubojinrai back in action, I'm looking forward to seeing the show pick up from here.
Spoiler
...Or I would be, before I saw in the preview that we are still doing these competitions with ZAIA!? Aaaaaargh...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, I definitely feel like Ryukendo and the Rescue Force guys had some interesting off the ball clip shows
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

"Zea" in the sub is "There".

BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Marzarret wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:36 am "Zea" in the sub is "There".
That's not a mistake, it is an intentional choice of translation that the subbers explained in previous forum threads.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

BreadToku wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:48 am
Marzarret wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:36 am "Zea" in the sub is "There".
That's not a mistake, it is an intentional choice of translation that the subbers explained in previous forum threads.
Really? Why change it to "There"?
I didn't see that forum.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

takenoko wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:14 am Hmmm, I definitely feel like Ryukendo and the Rescue Force guys had some interesting off the ball clip shows
I miss those series. As far as toku goes, they will always be in my top 5- above Super Sentai, yet below Garo and Kamen Rider.

I feel like this episode was just the main writer letting everyone know that he's taking back the helm and not to expect anything outside of what he's originally done, which is a shame because he's giving the preverbial finger to us as viewers.

The biggest flaw I have seen is the sudden gearshift in Gai's motivations. First it was 'All Humagears are a threat and must be destroyed,' now it's 'I wanna be an arms dealer.' Dude, pick a lane and stay in it for christ sake.

Had a feeling that Jin was going to make a come back, considering his actor never got the usual bouquet of flowers and he's still in the intro. The new Phoenix motif suits him well. Kinda wondering who/where the other two commanders are, especially since Jin hinted that Naki is still out there.
Spoiler
And -once again--we're back to putting innocent lives on the line for the sake of a business competition. If it were public knowledge, I feel like the backlash would utterly destroy both Hiden and Zaia. It feels like the civilians are just sacrificial lambs in the grand scheme of things. What is this even supposed to prove?
Can we get the last writer to take over the rest of the series? At least with him we had some levity and Yua wasn't there as a prop.
Last edited by FangTrigger on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Marzarret wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:57 am
BreadToku wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:48 am

Really? Why change it to "There"?
I didn't see that forum.
Likely because There is the actual name and Zea is the Japanese pronunciation. Izu (Is) is keeping the romanization because it'd be confusing as hell when it comes to grammar.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Didn't we confirm that Is and There are the official spellings? I know we did for Is at least with the memory stick in the last episode.

I changed it to There because it's the correct spelling, and to make it look less like ZAIA.

Sadly I didn't feel like I could change Izu to Is when I took over because it'd be rude to viewers who had already gotten used to the name. I am not without a heart, lol

These are all names in the series:
Is / Was
Satellite There / That
Aeikozz
Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

this episode was pretty lame overall. Made me sad as i've really liked zero one so far.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It was a strange format of an episode. Like I've seen a bunch of clip shows before, but there was something odd about the format of it. Usually clip shows are just all that, but this had some strange mix of original footage and scenes that made feel odd for some reason.

I do have a couple of questions though. When they have that bit where they say the Ark selected several high profile Humagears to turn into MetsoubouJinrai members, I thought they stated previously that Horobi created Jin more recently. In addition to that, if Horobi was in fact a Hiden created model, this goes agains earlier information when Is said that there was no information on him in Hidens database. Also, could they not get/are they not planning on getting Ikazuchis actor back for the lineup of them? It seemed odd he was the only one in suit.

Finally, it is good to see Jin back and MetsoubouJinrai back as a an actual threat. I'm loving Jins new Rider design and his suit is pretty dapper as well. My only complaint is that belt. It just looks way too toyetic and crappy.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

In 39 episodes Shoujo Kakumei Utena had four clips episodes so it could be worse!

I was actually expecting that the board meeting episode was going to be a clip show, so maybe that got postponed to this episode?

So, the second great general comes back to kill the first? Does this make Jin into Zoecite?

If the members of Dark Kingdom MetsubouJinrai.net are from the child care unit of Hiden, does that point to Siesta as one of the generals since all she does is babysit the vice president?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”