KR Zero-One 27 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 27 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 3.44 / 5 (18 votes)

Alt Title: I know now why you cry

-Ooh, I was wondeing why Siesta was failing so easily. I guess Humagears are susceptible to heat and stuff too.

-Why don't Yua and Fuwa transform before going into the fire? Ridiculous.

-119nosuke's sacrifice is legit touching though. Very end of Terminator 2

-Wow, Gai acts like a turd to Yua. I wish she didn't just take it though. So sad about her character...

-LOL, just noticed during Fuwa's transformatiion that if you look down the barrel of his gun you can see it doesn't go through all the way.

-What, why did Aruto just stand by and let Thouser beat up Fuwa?

Edit: Kyougoku Daiki (the panda) is credited as being in the last episode, but that guy doesn't show up AT ALL.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Re: KR Zero-One 27 released

Post by SacredCultivator »

-Why don't Yua and Fuwa transform before going into the fire? Ridiculous.
=> I was thinking that as well... I mean Horuma even mentioned about the Heat... and he's geared up (minus the protective mask), but Yua/Fuwa are just... "naked". So not having henshined I was just thinking wtf? And technically that goes against the "rules" of the competition as well. [Which would render that round moot.]

-Wow, Gai acts like a turd to Yua. I wish she didn't just take it though. So sad about her character...
When Fua sort of stood up to defend the humagear, I was getting a tad hopeful, but after being shot down and then not continuing to defend and sorta just "ignoring" that it happened makes it hard for me to like her as a character after she became submissive and not assertive as she was built up to be at the beginning.

=> I think this has to do with an indirect "honor" system. Since the conflict was between Mr. 1000% and Fuwa. So it's a duel. That's the only thing I can think of. But if not, then I agree that Aruta shoulda stepped in and go Metal to wreck Mr. 1000%. So I'm giving the writer? the benefit of a doubt that it was a 1-on-1 showdown sort of deal. Also when Mr. 1000% admits to wanting to destroy evidence to protect his company, I was thinking, "Oooo, Metal Hopper, just henshin and whoop his @$$!" But then that didn't happen. Also the aftermath of that showdown (with Phoenix), Mr. 1000% sort of acts like that fight didn't quite happen. "That showdown was a draw so.... I guess I'll just give you this win, 'cause I coulda lost to Phoenix (a humagear)"

But here's the thing that's really really making me dislike this whole competition thing. I'm sure they planned for a 5-round competition, but for Mr. 1000%'s end goal to prove Humans > Humagears, why not just do 1 round, the one they are proposing now (debate / leave it in the hands of the public)? As that essentially settles it, but I know they have to expand the plot / lengthen the show... BUt overall it's just stupid as heck. Unno, I guess my bias of loathing Mr. 1000% doesn't help with just how stupidly he handles situations.

Cute Moment of the Week:
Izu "chopping" the ZAIA employee.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

=> I think this has to do with an indirect "honor" system. Since the conflict was between Mr. 1000% and Fuwa.

Aren't AIMS a division of the police? Why doesn't Fuwa just arrest the guy for destroying evidence. Even if it's destroyed, they have three witnesses that saw it. It's not exactly ambiguous. Did a child with no understanding of how the law work write the scene?

Cute Moment of the Week:
Izu "chopping" the ZAIA employee.
[/quote]

Her little moments are some of the highlights for the series at this point

I'm really sad because it seems like a lot of the stuff I like about the series is gradually getting ruined. Right now the things I most look forward to in this series are Jin (amazing) and Fuwa when they give him scenes. Oh and Izu of course.

I liked Yaiba, but she went from strong and independent and a good foil for Fuwa to literally being dragged around by the men in her life.

I liked Gai at first, but he's a rubbish villain

And Aruto is fine. His little puns are annoying, but main riders in these things tend to be the vanilla, conform to whatever scenario is needed character. So nothing against him for being that.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Okay, I'm starting to wonder if Yua is somehow under Gai's control, like... has he done something to her? Just that scene where she tried to back up Homura's statement and then being shut down and apologising, something was off about it.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Yua's a Humagear and Gai's just a huge hypocrit.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

All it'd take is one line, one line, to explain why Valk's becoming Gai's submissive little princess but that's too much effort apparently.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Fuwa and Yua didn't henshin because that would require them to actually let Valkyrie appear.

I'm really starting to get annoyed by how little anyone is actually doing to stop Gai's obvious villainy.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Considering it's acknowledged by the shots and the little sound that appear with Aruto's reaction, I think that Yua's behavior is something that will be explored. If it was just bad character writing, I doubt we would have that Aruto's reaction with that little "it's a clue" sound.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sure, but saying "There's a reason we've shit on Yaiba for over 10 episodes" doesn't make that shit go back up into the butt
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I have never seen a Rider plot bend over so far backwards to keep the antagonist around. How many more times is Gai going to get to openly brag about all the evil shit he is doing and get away with it. It's infuriating.

Also, Hiden wins its second contest, but only because the human actually wins and concedes.

At least the last contest starts next week. I can't believe we've had to deal with this bullshit for so long.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

The firefighter part of the episode was touching and very well done.

The rest....not so much.

This is what I was talking about last week. Gai literally has intelligence draining plot armor. He's smugness depends on the idiocy of others. I mean, he's trying to destroy evidence AND he assulted a police officer! What more do you need to haul his ass in, Fuwa??

Also, why the hell are you trying to fight him in the first place when Aruto, who has handed Thouser his ass twice already, is right there watching?? This is why when riders get their mid season power ups, there's usually something introduced to keep them in check, whether a limiter, a berserk state or the villains get stronger. Gai has none of that going for him but yet, he's walking around like he has all the cards. At least show a scene that ZAIA has the police on the take or something. Make it easier to swallow.

At least Aruto has finally made it a point to notice Yua's subservience to Gai. It's my hope that there's a good reason for this and it doesn't drag on any longer.

It's really telling that even with all these complaints, it wasn't a terrible episode. It's just that the competition has drug on way too long and we need to get back on track.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Hey Fuwa, aren't you 6 years too late for the ice bucket challenge? Also Fuwa my man, you ought to know you can't beat Gai after he keeps kicking your ass, I don't know 6 times, so why not let Aruto fight him in your place

I was liking Gai until I guess as this competition just continues to go on and he's just being so openly evil and nobody is stopping him at any point.

I still like Yua but it's real sad that she's just being, pardon my french, Gai's bitch. Her standing up to Gai for a moment and then she just goes back to submission just rubs it in clear for me. Seriously what did the golden 1000 bastard do to make her seem so submissive to his whim.

Pretty sad to see 111nosuke kick the bucket, though I would have thought for a firefighting humagear, he would be equipped with a more heat resistant material. And Izu is still best girl
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The end to the Burning Falcon vs Thouser fight was a tonal misfire. It drained the scene of any tension because it establishes that neither is a threat to Metal Cluster Hopper.

I can't suspend my disbelief at how Gai continues to believe he has everything under control.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

How does Jin even get the key in the end? Does it just, fall out of the thousand jacker?

It seemed so half assed.

Fuck Gai. Hopefully Horobi does shit again and we get some actual tension.
McNernia
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Dreamy: Tsukasa Myoujin
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Slowpoke Enthusiast.
Quote: No one can win every battle, but no person should fall without a struggle! - Spider-Man ASM Vol. 1 issue #67
Instagram: McNernia

Post by McNernia »

the Firefighter sacrifice was very touching.

Why is Yua still apart of Zaia?
And for real why didn't they transform before they went into the fire.
Also I love that Gai is catching ass whoopins now.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Gai is bribing people with Zaiaspec's hidden feature, while no proof that Tetsuo is using ZAIA spec for anger. The others had their evil human nature awakened.

Yua being Gai's bitch definitely had some backstory which is why she is under his palm. Did her company/family got bankrupted that he bought her off as Zaia's pawn?

At the very least, they are going to put up a new upgrade for Vulcan in the next two episodes. I hope it was Satellite There that made it. Otherwise it just has to be presented by ZAIA. Back off ZAIA, your copyrighting an attack and transformation jingle alone is annoying.

And I hope they bring out the new item like hazard trigger or something for Zero One Driver on the left side. Because even Build Driver had the hidden feature on the top side of it.

By the way, I had no qualms of Gai get killed by Jin or Horobi. But why, apart from actor factors, he has not aged. Is he Ra's Al Ghul?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”