KR Zero-One 28 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:01 am

☆☆☆☆☆
21%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
7%
7%

Total votes: 14
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Zero-One 28 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Horobi turning up and schooling Thouser was definitely the highlight of the episode. He looked shook afterwards. Him hiding upside down and shooting him point blank in the face was great.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

I have some expectation on how he will go down and if does not happen then Yaiba is going to be a complete waste of character that failed to live up with her predecessor in Ex-Aid.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

At this point, when Aruto wins, if that happens, said his condition that is Gai dismissed as ZAIA's president and take judgement for the lives he caused to be loss for Daybreak town and etc.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm too tired of Gai in general to get invested in him manipulating the people's opinion, even if it is a much better way for him to get the upper hand than the other ridiculous things he's been doing in the last several arcs. Also really hope Yua gets an actual rider upgrade and that her now being a raider isn't permanent...

When they eventually release the music albums at the end of Zero-One's run, I hope that humagear rap is included.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

BreadToku wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:43 am I'm too tired of Gai in general to get invested in him manipulating the people's opinion, even if it is a much better way for him to get the upper hand than the other ridiculous things he's been doing in the last several arcs. Also really hope Yua gets an actual rider upgrade and that her now being a raider isn't permanent...
I just wish Gai's dead. And considering how people condemn Humagears because Check it Out loses his temper so easily and started blabbing nonsense, causing more unnecessary trouble, looks like Aruto himself is going to be the representative for humagears, I believe.

And since when Fuwa gets a surgery to put an AI chip in his Brain? Definitely not in episode 8-9.

By the way, why spell the Check as Che.ck?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

hiro9796 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 am
I just wish Gai's dead. And considering how people condemn Humagears because Check it Out loses his temper so easily and started blabbing nonsense, causing more unnecessary trouble, looks like Aruto himself is going to be the representative for humagears, I believe.

And since when Fuwa gets a surgery to put an AI chip in his Brain? Definitely not in episode 8-9.

By the way, why spell the Check as Che.ck?
Fuwa got the surgery before the series started. It was mentioned that the chip was necessary to use the Shot Riser.

I believe if you look at one of Check's hoodies, it's spelled as Che.ck.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Yeah, saw that too. On his inner shirt as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, luna showed it to me, and I hate her for it! I originally had it spelled MC Checkitout lol
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

While the previous episodes showcased the low-end sides of Takahasi's writings, this one was alright. My biggest issue here was MC Che.ckitout or Stereotypical black guy. Every thing about this guy screamed "US Rap Stereotype," down to the Japanese women in the jean booty shorts (though, not gonna lie- if they busted out twerking, I'd have died laughing.) It feels like the only reason he was in the show was to play to his stereotypical scripts and nothing more.

I forgot who said this, but it still holds true that Gai's success depends on the idiocy of everyone else. Why didn't Aruto just bring the cops with him when he busted those politicians instead of allowing them to roam free? He set himself up to get screwed there by giving them time to construct an alibi.

Extremely disappointed that Yua continues to be Gai's bitch with no explanation other than "The president's orders are absolute!" in the preview. I just want to grab her by the shoulders and shout "WOMAN! YOU'RE A STRONG, SMART, INDEPENDENT RIDER WHO DON'T NEED NO DAMN PRESIDENT!! EXPOSE HIS ASS ALREADY!!!" It's grating watching her get shafted and stuffed into this- this-...abused, sheltered, hollow housewife of a character when she came into this series with such a strong presense, one i haven't seen from Female Riders since Ixa or Marika. Granted, the first one legit became a wife and the other died, but my point still stands!

This is a real hill and valley episode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It just makes me cynically laugh when people were like "It starts with a female rider, this time will be different". /me sighs
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They did Yua real dirty.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 am

Fuwa got the surgery before the series started. It was mentioned that the chip was necessary to use the Shot Riser.
I assumed that too, but he was completely floored by that revelation. As if he didn't know or consent to any procedure being done to him.

Then again, I suppose you could assume his memory could have been hacked
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

If ZAIA wins, it's pretty much a gameover here. Zero One Driver, There and all the progrise keys Aruto had would be returned and I can't imagine Aruto being a sore loser, as in to be a runaway with the driver and progrise keys. Granted the solution was that There would not authorise the keys he used and had a tracker installed each time Aruto transforms. If Aruto acted like one, I can understand if he cannot lose against someone who felt no regret over taking human lives.
Obviously ZAIA's first solution is to scrap all Humagears when they win. As said in episode 16.
And Yua definitely couldn't plot anything against Gai because of the AI chip. I mean, it might have the function that stops you from resisting order from the man who invented it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

If ZAIA wins (which is the only way I see them keeping Gai relevant), then I guarantee Aruto will try and team up with Jin to take our Gai, considering they are both pro humagear.
Asmodoso
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Jyuuken Sentai Gekiranger
My boom: Nothing
Quote: " So I jumped into the air and kicked him. "

Post by Asmodoso »

ARUTO:
[ I'm starting to become tired of him. He hasn't learned or evolved from the trickery that he's faced. His naivete might win over younger audiences, but to those who are teens or older. Aruto seems like a hindrance. What would he do if one of those Humagear that were corrupted by Gai murdered someone? He couldn't hug it out of them like he ridiculously keeps trying to do. He should have created concrete safe guards like an anti-henshin protocol to stop the Zetsubourisers from even being compatible with newer model Humagear. Aruto doesn't seem to utilize his learning abilities at all because he could have just conditioned himself to understand politics and then run a humagear pro human with humagear staff to run the campaign, but ehh then we can't do that horrible rap stereotype setting. hmm, decisions. ]

GAI:
[ My favorite character in this series so far. Now some people might be wondering. 'What!? How can he be your favorite? Can't you see how absolutely stupid everyone around him has to be for anything of his to work? " Exactly. He is extreme intelligence portrayed (albeit entirely by accident have you) correctly. Of course everyone else is supposed to look stupid. He shows the flaws in everyone's critical thinking skills in Kamen Rider. It's as if he knows he's in a show, so he knows what he can blatantly get away with and what not to. He has planned for literally every scenario and knows even the absolute dumbest plan he comes up with will work in the end. I mean he is literally handing out power-ups to people left and right just so they can fight him with it. I mean he is evolto tier giving out the ability for the other side to win for no reason. ]

IZU:
[ Best part of the series. The way they portray her is great. I'd have dropped this show without that. ]

YAIBA:
[ Worst part of the series. The way they portray her is awful. I'd have dropped this show because of that. ]

FUWA:
[ I feel like this reveal was ham-fisted, and literally was only for Fuwa as Yaiba knew and didn't seem to care. 'The whole 'they were chipped' thing is stupid. No, not the part where they can transform because of it. That opens up the whole 'why can Aruto?' transform discussion. The fact that if they could be hacked. Why did it take so long for this process to work if Gai could control it. If this was because the Arc was offline for a time then alright I'd be okay with that, but he's had control over Yaiba for longer than the Arc was even active so that's a no go. I feel like Fuwa is just there to be the whipping boy for everyone right now since Aruto could literally defeat everyone and chooses not to because it would break the terrible story being told. ]

MR. CHE.CK IT OUT:
[ Mr. Che.ck it out may have been a stereotype of the 'angry black man' archetype, but the sad part is he's also the only humagear who is rightfully angered because of his sense of justice. I noticed it when he got angered earlier in the episode about the HiDEN executives and their greed. He wanted them to play fairly. (Also if you're a humagear and your people are being destroyed and primed for what can essentially be an ethnic cleansing to the sentient ones. His anger at dirty humans would make a lot more sense and be in line with metsuboujinrai, or at least it would be if that was even remotely the reason he got angry. He got mad and literally said Humagear should run the goverment. Which implies he believes that Humagear would be more fair than humans controlling the government which is in of itself far too philosophical a point to be brought up in this show, so people will write it off as nonsense.) He is a tragedy honestly. The only Humagear to organically hate the failings of humans but not given even one of the good enough reasons that already exist. 'We're being hacked and turned into killers and humans don't care', 'We're being wiped out and I'm alive and don't wanna die', etc. Also why is he even able to get angry? He's a humagear are you trying to tell me they programmed him with anger issues? Or that Aruto openly allowed a sentient humagear to go out into trouble against the guy hacking them? ]

All in all I give this episode 1 Yaiba's out of 5 Showrunners.
Last edited by Asmodoso on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”