KR Zero-One 29 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:13 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
48%
☆☆☆☆
32%
☆☆☆
4%
☆☆
4%
12%

Total votes: 25
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Re: KR Zero-One 29 released

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Any hope I had for Yaiba stabbing Gai in the back was officially tossed out of the window with this episode and it sucks! She was one of the characters that actually had alot of depth to her for the first 10-15 episodes of so (such as her giggling at BEST MAAATCH basically telling Mr. 1,000% off at the marriage interview) but if there was ANY time for her to prove that she's not just a tool for him, IT WAS NOW. But if I know my tropes as well as I think I do, she'll end up having a big redemption arc at some point but unless she kicks her the ever loving FUCK out of her current boss with a broken power up HE GIVES HER, then I'm not gonna approve of it. Also not surprised that they're gonna find a work around to the whole, "only the CEO of Hiden can use the Zero-One Driver".
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

I gave this episode a passing 4. But...

The vote was settled in the most unsatisfying manner. It was never explained why Check-It-Out did a full 180 and went genocidal, and he just ended up proving Gai's point.

Events just seem to conspire to put Gai in the right. Even though he isn't.

It would have been nice to actually examine the "they tuk're jawbs" angle. Since that is most certainly a legitimate concern.

On the other hand, Fuwa's awakening and his new form were pretty bad-ass. And I always take joy in seeing Gai get his ass handed to him. A well written villain he is not. But he is fun to hate.

As for Yaiba... Well I assume they're keeping her firmly in the tool role until she finally gets her own arc where it's explained why she's doing all of this.
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

I kinda wasn't expecting Hiden to lose the competition, to be honest... until I watched the last episode and Che.ck-it-out going off the rails, at which point I'm more surprised them losing was glossed over like that. I do like that VP isn't overly bitter at Aruto like you'd expect him to be, just upset that what he said of Aruto turned out to be true, and asked what he was planning on doing now that he's no longer president of the company. It shows how much their relationship, however strained it was, grew over the series.

I glossed over like half the episode, but from what I've read of all the other replies, ZAIA stuff bad so moving on.

Honestly, if there's anything good about the episode aside from the amazing fight scene near the end (REALxEYES is a bop), it'd be the callback to Fuwa's first transformation into Vulcan. From declaring that he'll destroy all the Humagears to demanding to know what's the point of destroying them all after protecting one. Doing what he does because he's the law, to doing it because it's his personal rules. Even the way that he does the standby, he puts the key in while the Shotriser is locked into the belt and then takes the Shotriser up, rather than him already holding it. The entire latter half of the episode once Fuwa breaks free of the mind control is great overall, and it's the little details like those that enhances it.

At 19:11, I feel like that's a bit of awkward line reading. "So you stay true to yourself... I will destroy you!" doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, and is particularly odd considering Fuwa right before that said he won't accept her until she talks about her real dream. As in her being true to herself and not simply following orders. But that's just me.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, how is Zero-One going to transform if he is no longer the CEO of Hiden Enterprises and no longer has the belt? Will Izu come up with the ultimate hack and start an ice cream stand named Hiden Enterprises and name Aruto CEO? Will Izu become Aruto's hensin device herself? Will Aruto and Izu go emo and start searching for the lowest level of hell and get the Kick Hopper and Punch Hopper belts?

Was Siesta the first humageer that they offed? It's ominous that she was not with VP and lackey.

Now that Fuwa is full on cyber-punk should he start wearing mirror shades?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

DeMatgic wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:09 am
At 19:11, I feel like that's a bit of awkward line reading. "So you stay true to yourself... I will destroy you!" doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, and is particularly odd considering Fuwa right before that said he won't accept her until she talks about her real dream. As in her being true to herself and not simply following orders. But that's just me.
Hmm, maybe if we reversed the line? "I'll have to destroy you... to keep/make you true to yourself!" It's a bit constrained by the other lines that lead up to it.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I'd say thank god this bullshit competition is over but for Zaia to be the victor, it's something different I guess but on the other hand we have to deal with the golden 1000 bastard even more so that kinda sucks. Though as much as I want to see Aruto win, the loss was on him and we saw what happened. On Gai I'm kinda conflicted really since I kinda like him as a villain but with this whole arc it's too difficult to keep him in a positive light in that aspect to me. And Gai you got to stop making power ups for your "tools" that can beat you, not exactly keeping tools in check there.

Vulcan finally gets a nice new toy and finally gets a victory over Thouser so nice. Form itself looks nice and the debut fight for it I say is beautiful. On him being Naki, I kinda don't mind. Now can we make him protag and not Aruto please?

Yua, as much as I hate saying it, but as of this arc well she's ruined. You claims you're no tool but I say well do something damn it, I rather not have to keep calling you Gai's bitch if you keep obeying this mad man, whether it's because of being forced to or you willingly being this way. I think BreadToku summed it up best

Guess VP was right after all though I like that he's not going in your face to Aruto not being worthy of being CEO but show some bit of disappointment that he was right in the end.

In the end I say 4/5 because of Vulcan Rampage and Fuwa's growth compared to everyone else in this point
Last edited by Kurokage X on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Zero One
Ultraman: R/B

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger, Toqger
Kamen Rider: Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb, Geed
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Kurokage X wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm
Vulcan finally gets a nice new toy and finally gets a victory over Thouser so nice. Form itself looks nice and the debut fight for it I say is beautiful. On him being Naki, I kinda don't mind thoughNow can we make him protag and not Aruto please?
Since Fuwa is a man modified to be a mindless weapon but the modification didn't take properly and he still has agency, could Gai stop the pretense and rename Zaia to its real name: Shocker?

Does the "end of the chapter" and the positioning of the opening song signify that next week (or the week after) we will be getting a new opening & opening song?
Ryouga
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ryouga »

takenoko wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:06 pm
FangTrigger wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:30 pm
Going on the record and saying this now: Nature determined that humans are either born male or female, so I don't buy into that non-binary/opinionated gender stuff and will ALWAYS refer to humans by their biological pronouns. If you wish to debate with me on this topic, I'll gladly make a separate forum thread in the Off-Topic section.
It's not a debate, it's other people's lives and it's none of your business. Is this a hate thing? A power thing? Do you know anyone who is nonbinary? Cause you're just shitting on people and hurting them for no reason by having an ignorant attitude. You could have totally kept this to yourself and just stuck to talking about the episode.

What you did just now would be the same as a racist person going "I think race X is bad because genetics".

No, we're not having a debate about that on this forums. I don't want the stress of moderating it. Keep that kind of hateful politics off the forums or take a ban.

Edit: If you guys want to discuss this amongst yourselves you can PM each other. Maybe I should be using this opportunity as a learning experience for FangTrigger, but I'm kind of okay saying these forums support gay/lesbian/trans/asexuals/nonbinary people and that's the end of that. In short, no one should be making fun or looking down on any other board member for being who they are.
As someone who throughout their life has struggled with my gender identity, sexuality and whatever I feel the modern world is kinda dangerous as it seems to more focus on if you believe yourself to be different, you must be the first thing you believe as the mind is a powerful thing and rather than look for the root of their issues they focus on one thing that makes the most sense to them and go with it, something difficult to describle and difficult to experience.

I always think back to something I heard about 5 years ago where a couple were on tv talking about how they supported their child barely old enough to start school being trans, the thing is the child was barely 7 years old and looked confused. Their idea of being trans was they saw their child play with a doll and sat them down and asked a 5 year old child if they liked dolls, dresses, and long hair and when the child replied yes assumed that made the child trans

Finally I hate labels as find them more about stereotypes and assumed roles than anything, hence why I hate words like non binary as the ones using those terms are the ones just making stereotypes worse. I don't see a female with short hair, jeans, acting like one of the lads as non gender binary I just see them as just doing their own thing and I think people can call themselves whatever they want but should not get offended if I don't do what they want me to do, its different for trans people though I will call them by their gender identity.

I will end it there so the discussion won't go off topic just putting out how dangerous self labelling can be these days.
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by DeMatgic »

takenoko wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm
DeMatgic wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:09 am
Hmm, maybe if we reversed the line? "I'll have to destroy you... to keep/make you true to yourself!" It's a bit constrained by the other lines that lead up to it.
That does sound better, granted I'm not all that knowledgeable of translations and such. If there's a compromise between the original text and a properly-flowing translated text, I'd say go for it.

Unrelated: Although at Yaiba's expense, this has become my favorite shot of the whole latter fight
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

I just mean it's constrained because it has to parallel "I gotta stay true to me" bit and while it's not his catchphrase, I do wish we were more consistent with Fuwa's Butsubutsu line since he says it so often.

That GIF is amazing. I guess it just feels good because there's just so much motion that you're more likely to see in the acrobatics of sentai. A lot of Rider fights feel more like people punching each other in place.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The problem is they do cool shit like this for debuts and then it degenerates into punching 99% of the time.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Post by Mandalori »

Ryouga wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:32 pm
takenoko wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:06 pm

It's not a debate, it's other people's lives and it's none of your business. Is this a hate thing? A power thing? Do you know anyone who is nonbinary? Cause you're just shitting on people and hurting them for no reason by having an ignorant attitude. You could have totally kept this to yourself and just stuck to talking about the episode.

What you did just now would be the same as a racist person going "I think race X is bad because genetics".

No, we're not having a debate about that on this forums. I don't want the stress of moderating it. Keep that kind of hateful politics off the forums or take a ban.

Edit: If you guys want to discuss this amongst yourselves you can PM each other. Maybe I should be using this opportunity as a learning experience for FangTrigger, but I'm kind of okay saying these forums support gay/lesbian/trans/asexuals/nonbinary people and that's the end of that. In short, no one should be making fun or looking down on any other board member for being who they are.
As someone who throughout their life has struggled with my gender identity, sexuality and whatever I feel the modern world is kinda dangerous as it seems to more focus on if you believe yourself to be different, you must be the first thing you believe as the mind is a powerful thing and rather than look for the root of their issues they focus on one thing that makes the most sense to them and go with it, something difficult to describle and difficult to experience.

I always think back to something I heard about 5 years ago where a couple were on tv talking about how they supported their child barely old enough to start school being trans, the thing is the child was barely 7 years old and looked confused. Their idea of being trans was they saw their child play with a doll and sat them down and asked a 5 year old child if they liked dolls, dresses, and long hair and when the child replied yes assumed that made the child trans

Finally I hate labels as find them more about stereotypes and assumed roles than anything, hence why I hate words like non binary as the ones using those terms are the ones just making stereotypes worse. I don't see a female with short hair, jeans, acting like one of the lads as non gender binary I just see them as just doing their own thing and I think people can call themselves whatever they want but should not get offended if I don't do what they want me to do, its different for trans people though I will call them by their gender identity.

I will end it there so the discussion won't go off topic just putting out how dangerous self labelling can be these days.
Finally someone talking some sense.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ryouga wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:32 pm
I guess I don't understand what the difference is between the two scenarios. If someone tells you they're non-binary and ask you to refer to them in gender neutral terms, it doesn't hurt you in any way for you to respect their wishes.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

The ZAIA vs Hiden showdown portion of Zero-One reminds me so much of Spider-Man's One More Day. The premise itself could have been interesting but the writing was downright stupid. Gai has shades of being a chessmaster like villian, but the his plans succeeding hinged on everyone being stupid. It was the same as no one in the Marvel Universe being able to cure a gunshot wound. It's insulting and could have been done much better.

However, the next chapter gives me hope, just like Brand New Day did. It's my hope that since the showdown is done, Gai won't have to rely on intelligence draining plot armor. Also it means that Horobi and Jin will take center stage again. At least I hope so.

Yaiba......god. They totally messed her up. In the first half she was so...no nonsense. Cunning. She had character. But apparently we can't have a strong female lead in Kamen Rider so now she's Gai's servant. Again, there were much, much better ways of doing this.

I swear though...with as much attention as Fuwa is getting, are we sure he isn't the main character now?

The next chapter intrigues me as it seems that's when we will get the most answers. Hopefully it's better written.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

This show is now barely above ghost in terms of quality for me.

None of this writing makes any sense. Why did we bother with this entire competition plot to begin with? There certainly didn't appear to be anything preventing Zaia from just buying out the stock without all this nonsense. If the justification is that Gai needed Aruto to agree to the competition in order to have the ability to buy the stock, then Aruto is an idiot of he highest order for agreeing.

The bigger issue, why should I care about any of these events that are happening? As far as I can tell, Zaia isn't a front for Shocker or anything of that sort. The past few episodes have just been the characters spinning their wheels beating on each other until they break their transformation and then everyone walks away. Yes, Gai is supposed to be the villain of this arc, but he's not trying to destroy the world. I suppose we might get some retroactive justification like the arc was in control this whole time and the zaia spec are tools to brainwash people en masse. But even if that happens, it'll feel rather shoehorned. This show was much more engaging back when Horobi and Jin were the villains. I hope they return to the forefront soon.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”